ADVERTISEMENT

Article on WR Transfer Sean Ryan Praising Coach Shaw and QB Comments by Schiano

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Chris Iseman is head and shoulders a better reporter than the ones on NJ.com. Good article, and note what Sean Ryan says about Coach Shaw:

“Coach Shaw is an amazing guy,” Ryan said. “I tell him all the time, nobody coached me as hard as him. He’s the most energetic coach I’ve ever had. Every period he’s always tired because he’s running from period to period to coach me up. He coaches every little detail. We’re building a great relationship. A lot of love for Coach Shaw.”

After four early practices, Schiano said the QB’s have been “consistently inconsistent.”

1ef47dea-ee88-4c80-9925-c469aad0dd52-030822_Piscataway_0460.JPG

The QB comments are concerning. The minute spring ball started and it was stated that Vedral gets the first reps I didn't like it. I know what Vedral is - seen that movie, I'm good thanks. Greg needed to put GW out there as the presumed starter, coach the sh!t out of him and tell him to put a countdown clock to BC on his wall and work his ass off because there's a guy behind you who can fill in if you don't rise to the occasion.

Like many of us, I've been a fan for decades and at this point I'd be more excited about growing pains with the future than known limitations of the past and the ensuing frustration.

The QB comments are concerning. The minute spring ball started and it was stated that Vedral gets the first reps I didn't like it. I know what Vedral is - seen that movie, I'm good thanks. Greg needed to put GW out there as the presumed starter, coach the sh!t out of him and tell him to put a countdown clock to BC on his wall and work his ass off because there's a guy behind you who can fill in if you don't rise to the occasion.

Like many of us, I've been a fan for decades and at this point I'd be more excited about growing pains with the future than known limitations of the past and the ensuing frustration.
True but you can't force a QB starter who isn't ready. Wimsatt has all spring and summer to get better and is really a Freshman this year.

We have 5 months for Gavin to progress and learn the playbook.
plenty of time before BC. If alarms were going off Greg would have found a transfer by now. Chill
Agree with you here. First week of Spring practice.
On the flip side, remember Cole Snyder looking like a stud in a Spring game (may have been his freshman year), and he barely saw the field. Hard to make judgments in the Spring.

I am calm about it now and won't freak out if Vedral is starting. But if he does start that game and doesn't show growth from 2021, it is a bad sign for the 2022 season. That's all.

After four early practices, Schiano said the QB’s have been “consistently inconsistent.”

Cool. Right on track and already set for the season. Honestly. I'd expect this from the new guys but this being Noah's 3rd year come on.

No, Winsatt needs to win the job.

I am calm about it now and won't freak out if Vedral is starting. But if he does start that game and doesn't show growth from 2021, it is a bad sign for the 2022 season. That's all.
So do you think Vedral can get better at this point? Really? IMHO we've seen his ceiling and it's not even in the ballpark of good enough.

True but you can't force a QB starter who isn't ready. Wimsatt has all spring and summer to get better and is really a Freshman this year.
Conceptually I hear you but this situation is a bit of an anomaly:

• Wimsatt is not really like a true freshman he's practiced and played a little so he felt the game speed.
  • Wimsatt's floor is not that much worse than Vedral's ceiling
  • We can play call around Wimsatt's limitations on day one - we have the Langan package, a (hopefully) better O-line, and solid RBs
  • We won't be a better team than last year with Vedral, we could be with Wimsatt
I want to look out the windshield not the rearview mirror.

A throwaway coachspeak line in Spring practice in an article about the WR’s and all the QB haters come out in force! I love it.

Our biggest concern is being able to get positive yardage on the ground. Without that I don’t care who the QB is we will not win 6 games unless we can run the ball to setup everything else.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
So do you think Vedral can get better at this point? Really? IMHO we've seen his ceiling and it's not even in the ballpark of good enough.
There's always a chance. I wouldn't bet on it, but if the OL takes another step and the WR depth improves as expected, maybe it opens up more of the game for him.

Holy crap fellas it's been 4 practices and they're splitting reps (I believe). If anyone thought Gavin was getting #1 reps to himself, this early in spring, they're nuts (and I'm a FIRM believe he'll be the starter come BC).

Reactions: BLewis1968
ADVERTISEMENT