ADVERTISEMENT

"As a conference, we've made a decision - no public sale of tickets."

If your name is Towers, Garutti, or similar, that might make you "Family".

Cheapskates that buy tickets from scalpers and sneak food into the Stadium to avoid concession fees should just amble up to the sofa in their basement.

Scalpers need employment too !

Used to bring/sneak beers into Giants Stadium prior to metal detectors by stuffing a 6 down Mad Dogs jeans (he was around 12) and tucking the bottoms into his sneaks.

Everything this conference does since this whole mess started is half ass and over reactionary.

Not letting some fans in is yet ANOTHER bad move. You can certainly let fans in (a significantly reduced %) require masks and spread said small crowd over all these big stadia. I’m convinced Warren is incapable of leading.

LOL 🤣🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything this conference does since this whole mess started is half ass and over reactionary.

Not letting some fans in is yet ANOTHER bad move. I’m convinced Warren is incapable of leading.

LOL 🤣🤣
Warren looked like a deer-in-the-headlights in that clip. Ms. Sandy Barbour had to come to his rescue and answer the question. #InWayOverHisHead

Funny how A bunch of nobodies and never will be’s find it so easy to attack Warren but will defend another man who looks like an idiot and says even more idiotic things 24/7 365. I wonder why hmmmmmm!

Nail on head!

It is mind boggling that people are calling for fans in the stands at college games yet MLB, NBA, and some NFL teams have had no fans in the stands. I'm happy that they will get to play the games so let's do what we can to ensure that the games can actually happen by minimizing exposure to teams, staff, etc. Not to mention other fans that would show up. Enjoy watching the games and go hang out at your friends house if you want to socialize.

"
Funny how A bunch of nobodies and never will be’s find it so easy to attack Warren but will defend another man who looks like an idiot and says even more idiotic things 24/7 365. I wonder why hmmmmmm!
So true. We don't see the usual CE suspects critiquing the obvious disqualifications for the candidate the media is protecting. Hmmmmm.

Reactions: goru1869
Sorry but I used to defend Warren's actions but now agree with a lot of what people say . He needs to be more assertive. He should be the face of the B1G, don't care what color that face is like you suggest. It's as if he likes to keep in the shadows and let others talk for him. When Delaney was commissioner I couldn't tell you most of the AD's names, now I know most by heart. The conference needs one voice and Warren so far is bordering on being a mute.

Reactions: red sail
Sorry but I used to defend Warren's actions but now agree with a lot of what people say . He needs to be more assertive. He should be the face of the B1G, don't care what color that face is like you suggest. It's as if he likes to keep in the shadows and let others talk for him. When Delaney was commissioner I couldn't tell you most of the AD's names, now I know most by heart. The conference needs one voice and Warren so far is bordering on being a mute.
Delaney would have handled this like a boss...dude seemed unflappable and laser-focused. Warren not so much. Hopefully he learns from this and realizes HE needs to be the man when it comes to anything B1G.

LOL. Which candidate is the Big Media (and Big Tech btw) protecting?

waaaa.jpg

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Nail on head!

It is mind boggling that people are calling for fans in the stands at college games yet MLB, NBA, and some NFL teams have had no fans in the stands. I'm happy that they will get to play the games so let's do what we can to ensure that the games can actually happen by minimizing exposure to teams, staff, etc. Not to mention other fans that would show up. Enjoy watching the games and go hang out at your friends house if you want to socialize.

Then how did the Doctor that knows all get into a game ?

Factui has a rag arm.

Then how did the Doctor that knows all get into a game ?

Factui has a rag arm.

he was 1 person who was asked to throw the first pitch......there no fans there and there multiple articles noting that there would be no fans. Fauci may not have the best arm at 79 years old but your reading comprehension seems to be at the level of a 2 year old like some others around here.

2 people mentioned Warren with fair criticisms. Doesn't mean they are correct that he is in over his head, but it is reasonable to guess that he might be.

2 is not "a bunch". You have no idea how many people who disagree with you politically agree with the Warren policy. There is evidence, I suspect, of at least one in this thread.

By calling them (and the others you group with them) nobodies you are suggesting that you and people who think like you are not "nobodies".

Your comment, and those that happily "like" your comment.. speaks volumes about you.

Do people need to bring politics into every freaking thread?

If you want to defend Warren, just defend Warren.

Last edited:
Do people need to bring politics into every freaking?

If you want to defend Warren, just defend Warren.

It's 2020. We collectively don't discuss different viewpoints, we only attack the people that hold differing ones.

As to this issue, there is nothing wrong with saying no public sale of tickets. First, I think they've left open the possibility that students might be able to return as fans if the situation permits. Second, this is a very minor issue compared to playing or not playing. While it would be great to have some fans there, this is an issue where making a collective decision makes sense. Finally, games don't even start for over a month. If the situation changes, then this rule can likely quickly be adjusted.

The conference PR starting on August 11 was objectively horrible. But if you're criticizing this then you are possibly just looking for things to criticize.

Reactions: RU-05
the Record mentioned that Ohio state wanted to allow 20% of the fans in, and Nebraska was considering full capacity..... I imagine the blanket rule puts that to rest
I still believe that something like 12.5% of fans would be ok: I'd do every other row being completely empty and for the rows with fans, have every fourth seat occupied (3 empties should be about 6 feet). And everyone with masks (I wouldn't go higher than about 12.5% because I don't trust that everyone will wear masks and enforcement could be hard, plus we'll have people yelling, which is riskier than being about 6 feet away outside and just talking). Seats by lottery amongst season ticket holders, with priority points possibly being factored in. Since our group has 14 seats, we always get at least one and that would be mine, lol.

Reactions: wheezer
It's 2020. We collectively don't discuss different viewpoints, we only attack the people that hold differing ones.

As to this issue, there is nothing wrong with saying no public sale of tickets. First, I think they've left open the possibility that students might be able to return as fans if the situation permits. Second, this is a very minor issue compared to playing or not playing. While it would be great to have some fans there, this is an issue where making a collective decision makes sense. Finally, games don't even start for over a month. If the situation changes, then this rule can likely quickly be adjusted.

The conference PR starting on August 11 was objectively horrible. But if you're criticizing this then you are possibly just looking for things to criticize.

To your first two sentences, I read an excellent essay this morning on this very issue, but as it relates to differing viewpoints on a rather difficult issue. Reasonable people can have different viewpoints, respect those differences and remain on the same side of some issues.

Reactions: Wolv RU
I still believe that something like 12.5% of fans would be ok: I'd do every other row being completely empty and for the rows with fans, have every fourth seat occupied (3 empties should be about 6 feet). And everyone with masks (I wouldn't go higher than about 12.5% because I don't trust that everyone will wear masks and enforcement could be hard, plus we'll have people yelling, which is riskier than being about 6 feet away outside and just talking). Seats by lottery amongst season ticket holders, with priority points possibly being factored in. Since our group has 14 seats, we always get at least one and that would be mine, lol.

selfishly, I hope that RU changes its mind and allows something like the 12.5 %.... according to my calculations, If RU were to allow 2,000 regular fans, I would have enough priority to get in, if priority is the standard....

the last we heard is the 500 figure for the connected and family.....

I think the problem is more centered around lines to get in, people in the concourses before the game, between quarters, and leaving afterwards, as well as bathrooms.

Even when games are pretty empty it can get pretty crowded at certain points in those areas.

I think the problem is more centered around lines to get in, people in the concourses before the game, between quarters, and leaving afterwards, as well as bathrooms.

Even when games are pretty empty it can get pretty crowded at certain points in those areas.

It also may be an issue of how much support staff and administrative setup is needed per fan when there are so few present but a whole stadium is used for seating.

Since there is more than a month before games start the best play to me is to say no public sales to manage expectations and then if in a month (or even two) if things change, then the policy can change too.

ADVERTISEMENT