ADVERTISEMENT

Ash really is an idiot

Clown looked uncomfortable when game was 7-7. Now that the route is on he seems more relaxed. Man I depise that man

McNulty was the one who called 3 horrendous plays on the next drive.

However, the WIDE OPEN MICHIGAN WR????
All Ashs fault.

Reactions: RUgrad75
I'd be willing to bet it's on Hayes AGAIN. Our biggest liability has looked lost all season.
Don't know if you remember, but Harbaugh tried to poach Hayes from us to be a part of his first recruiting class.

Edit: Disregard this comment. I got mixed up with the wrong guy. It was Jarius Adams.

Last edited:
I think that Ash was hired, and received the contract extension for, being a law and order coach. It really doesn't have anything to do with the X's and O's, or how successful he could be at wins and losses.

If so, then that is what the first three years have been and only now or, next season, will we see an emphasis on winning games and developing players.

Reactions: rucoe89
What fans saw 5 games ago in Pacheco and just now has he started to play him the right way. Just outran the fastest and #1 defense in college football .
Playcalling in McNulty. Execution is players. We have close to zero WR playmaking talent. They really don't seems athletic at all when I compare them to talent of B1G schools or PAC12 schools. This limits the playcalling further. In any event, either recruiting services flat out whiffed on what they thought we were getting or it shows what a crapshoot recruiting can be.

What fans saw 5 games ago in Pacheco and just now has he started to play him the right way. Just outran the fastest and #1 defense in college football .
Number one defense is Alabama. Big Ten people always over estimate the strength of their conference. Clemson‘s defense it’s also probably better than Michigan. And Notre Dame whipped Michigan.

Number one defense is Alabama. Big Ten people always over estimate the strength of their conference. Clemson‘s defense it’s also probably better than Michigan. And Notre Dame whipped Michigan.
The entire ACC overestimates Clemson since they’re not just the only great team in that conference, they’re the only remotely good one

Reactions: GSGS and koleszar

Michigan has played a significantly tougher schedule than Alabama and has given up about 20% fewer yards per game.

But other than that you are almost not totally wrong

I think that Ash was hired, and received the contract extension for, being a law and order coach. It really doesn't have anything to do with the X's and O's, or how successful he could be at wins and losses.

If so, then that is what the first three years have been and only now or, next season, will we see an emphasis on winning games and developing players.
Law and Order? As in 6 cases of credit card fraud and 1 case of conspiracy to commit a double murder. And now we concentrate on winning - wow what a plan.

Hey Chris , didn’t know you actually posted on this board during games .

Other than the fact that Ash is HC with ultimate final say (but he's a defensive HC), I put it more on McNulty. I don't see Ash as micromanaging the offense especially now that he's become more hands on with the defense.
Absolutely, but........my question is when one back plays well in the first half of a game, and gets one touch in the second, AND the offense is struggling, at what point during the second half does Ash, the HC, ask about giving the back (who had success in the first half) some more touches?

Reactions: scarletschuyler

That could have been the strategy of the administration. "Don't embarrass us." Ash has handled the dimwitted players that engaged in the Dark Web B.S. well, but it had what has now been the unintended consequences of putting a putrid product on the field due to sheer lack of depth and rush of playing player well before they are ready. In turn this has given us a level of embarrassment that the administration did not foresee. Did Colonel Henry make a pact with the Devil that the Devil is now cashing in on for the next 200 years?

Reactions: BeantownKnight
True.
However, in college I usually try to place all blame on the coaches and not the players.

But thats me - and I'm not saying it is accurate or right.
I will say it for you. YOU are POSITIVELY correct.It is up to the COACHES to develop these youngsters and use them to their full potential.Something that these coaches have NOT done well.

Pacheco should be the bell cow back not a platoon back. He should be getting 24 to 26 carries a game. Blackshear should be used more like a Darren Sproles as a scat back. That is if he learns how to catch. Hillman has shown he can get the tough yard or two and also pass block but that's about it. You mix it up a little to catch them off guard and keep them honest so they can't key. But these should be their main roles.

We're not using them properly. Pacheco isn't the bell cow back, he's platooning with Blackshear who's not a great running back and should only be receiving a few carries from the RB position. We're throwing screens to a slower Hillman, not sure what that's all about. Just seems like straight forward stuff that any coach in America could figure out. We seem to be still throwing sh*t at the wall to see if it sticks in week 11.

Last edited:

Lol wtf?

Reactions: ATIOH
Pacheco should be the bell cow back not a platoon back. He should be getting 24 to 26 carries a game. Blackshear should be used more like a Darren Sproles as a scat back. That is if he learns how to catch. Hillman has shown he can get the tough yard or two and also pass block but that's about it. You mix it up a little to catch them off guard and keep them honest so they can't key. But these should be their main roles.

We're not using them properly. Pacheco isn't the cow bell back, he's platooning with Blackshear who's not a great running back and should only be receiving a few carries from the RB position. We're throwing screens to a slower Hillman, not sure what that's all about. Just seems like straight forward stuff that any coach in America could figure out. We seem to be still throwing sh*t at the wall to see if it sticks in week 11.
since Ash and staff not only suck in coaching they are even worse in recruiting.Blackshear has to play because he is one of the few players on team that can catch.without blackshear there would be zero passing yards.so..Blackshear has to play and split backfield plays with Pacheco.

That could have been the strategy of the administration. "Don't embarrass us." Ash has handled the dimwitted players that engaged in the Dark Web B.S. well, but it had what has now been the unintended consequences of putting a putrid product on the field due to sheer lack of depth and rush of playing player well before they are ready. In turn this has given us a level of embarrassment that the administration did not foresee. Did Colonel Henry make a pact with the Devil that the Devil is now cashing in on for the next 200 years?

Some folks here didn't understand the point I was trying to make. So, thank you first and foremost.

I wasn't saying that I liked or wanted this. When trying to understand why, for the life of me, this terribly unqualified individual was handed the keys to the kingdom, the only thing I could come up with was that the university administration - coming off the Flood situation - wanted to hire someone who would run a clean program and keep RU out of the news. As in, "who cares about us winning?? Just make sure we stay out of the papers". How else could the Ash hiring be justified?

Ash has spent the first two years speaking incessantly about "doing things the right way" and running a clean program. I don't think he's ever mentioned winning the conference or a national championship.

As we have seen from this season, he couldn't even run a clean program.

Well if that is the case he epically failed on the law and order BS with 8 of his recruits charged in a cc fraud case and one of his players charged with a murder plot.
The entire world knows he can’t recruit or coach so the W & L plan will never succeed.
Time for dismissal and new HC for Rutgers.

since Ash and staff not only suck in coaching they are even worse in recruiting.Blackshear has to play because he is one of the few players on team that can catch.without blackshear there would be zero passing yards.so..Blackshear has to play and split backfield plays with Pacheco.
Blackshear has dropped his share of passes this season

ADVERTISEMENT