ADVERTISEMENT

Ash Sideline Demeanor

TrueRU

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
I have been wondering what kind of coach we will see on the sidelines when Ash coaches his first game for RU. Will he be the ultra intense Schiano, the very laid black Flood, or a mix of the two? It seems that he would be more similar to Schiano, but I guess we'll see.

I see him running around the sidelines and most likely helping with calling plays.

You could probably get some insight about this on the OSU board.

I don't see the point in this? Who cares. Let's hope he wins and he can wear Scarlet spandex and do jumping jacks the whole time for all I care.

Not really. Coach Ash spent games upstairs not on the sidelines. Luke Fickell was on the sidelines.
The reason why was at Arkansas he was like this after a great defensive play:
streaker-taken-down-in-end-zone-fan-interruption-and-streaker-gifs.gif

As long as he doesn't just stand there on the sideline looking like an assclown like Flood did, I am ok with it

Reactions: Virginiarufan
When I was watching the spring game, they showed him writing in a notepad... When I saw that I was wondering if it would come up on here

We get the answer in about 60 days. He seems like a very vocal , passionate coach. At the camps he is very vocal and hands on, not afraid of 'colorful' language. I see him being much closer to Schiano on the sidelines than Prof Flood.

When I was watching the spring game, they showed him writing in a notepad... When I saw that I was wondering if it would come up on here
I saw the same thing. I couldn't wait to get back here and see if heads had started exploding.[roll]

If, after a season or two, we start winning with some regularity, then I don't care if he spends the whole game break dancing and scribbling on a large blackboard.

OTOH, if, after a couple seasons (although for some it'll start this season), we lose a couple games in a row, some people here will point at whatever it is he IS doing on the sideline and bitch about it.

Things I don't miss about the regular season: the bipolar in-game threads.

Reactions: RUChoppin
I was told by a HS coach after he was hired to expect both he and Mehringer to be very vocal and intense on the sidelines. However, I kept an eye on him during the firsta bowl and he seemed more reserved. Time will tell.

I don't see the point in this? Who cares. Let's hope he wins and he can wear Scarlet spandex and do jumping jacks the whole time for all I care.

you are correct. What is the point of your response? If you dont care, dont respond, dont participate. :cop:

I was told by a HS coach after he was hired to expect both he and Mehringer to be very vocal and intense on the sidelines. However, I kept an eye on him during the firsta bowl and he seemed more reserved. Time will tell.

"Think like a Head Coach, act like an Assistant Coach."

It's very different when you're the go to guy making decisions. As an assistant you'll give your input but at the end of the day, it truly is an entirely different animal.

RUchip,

Don't you know that we care about everything around here, especially the minutiae ? It's what makes us who we are as a community, ha !

Reactions: RUchip

It's the stupidest thing that gets posted here. Even Bill Belichek does it.

Reactions: mildone
It's the stupidest thing that gets posted here. Even Bill Belichek does it.
it wasn't the writing in a note pad that doomed Flood. it was the fact that he was a FAKE that doomed flood. His demeanor on the sideline was an act and i think the fanbase saw right through it. He would write things in the notebook but not once did you ever see him look in it and call a coach over and issue any type of commands. He was always dumbfounded on the sideline. Everytime i saw him, i saw someone trying to look like a "boss", Cool and slick, but it just came off very fake.His stupid faces that he makes still give me nightmares.

ADVERTISEMENT