ADVERTISEMENT

Ash to attend Temple Coaches Clinic in April..

BlockR

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 28, 2015
hmmm...

Matt Rhule Verified account ‏@CoachMattRhule
Excited to Welcome @CoachChrisAsh from @RFootball to Our April 2 Coaches Clinic lineup.

CctGm07VAAEBo3V.jpg

It's nice When professionals in a field meet up, network and help each other out. Maybe Ash will invite everyone to campus eventually....Nothing else to read into that.

Per Ash's own words, his mind is always open to finding new ways to improve his team, such as the Pete Carroll rugby tackling.

Kind of a "tell" in how the pecking order goes, no? Recruits should take notice.

Great. Coaches do stuff like this all the time. Smart, good one's do. As we know, Coach Ash is a football junkie.

What is telling is that I never heard our former coach doing things like this. Anyone know?

Wait, are you saying Ash is higher or lower in the pecking order?

I could be wrong, but I doubt Rutgers would bring Rhule in as a speaker in RU's coaches clinic. RU's past speakers have been Urban, Belichick,, Gilbride, etc. But hey, they might surprise me and bring in Addazio next year. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What the heck is a "Coaches Clinic"? Do the coaches teach other people how to coach?

(I'm serious. I don't know what this means.)

What the heck is a "Coaches Clinic"? Do the coaches teach other people how to coach?

Coaches usually make presentations about specific ideas or techniques.
Here's an example

Blazek filled in on a clinic recently on short notice and had a presentation prepared.

Reactions: IMARUFAN
You have to like this move. Ash is going to network with HS coaches from the Eastern PA area and build relationships. It could lead to opening up the area even further for recruiting purposes. If the word "Temple" wasn't associated with the clinic, people wouldn't give it a second thought.

Coaches often have clinics to learn teach other coaches and share information. It is pretty common. GS used to spend a lot of time with Belichik and Meyer when he coached RU. Coaches like to learn new strategies and techniques.

Reactions: IMARUFAN
You have to like this move. Ash is going to network with HS coaches from the Eastern PA area and build relationships. It could lead to opening up the area even further for recruiting purposes. If the word "Temple" wasn't associated with the clinic, people wouldn't give it a second thought.
Whether we like it or not, Matt Rhule is very well respected throughout the coaching profession and he has a reputation of maintaining excellent relations with the HS coaches in this area. I don't think there is anything to worry about with Temple, looking at their schedule and the fact they have a returning senior QB who is about to break all of the school's passing records, I would expect them to have another 8-10 win season, and if that is the case this will be Rhule's last year at Temple.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT