ADVERTISEMENT

Ash...

rurahrah000

All Conference
Aug 21, 2010
Needs to do the coaching job of his lifetime this year or else there is no way he succeeds here. This class went from great to good. Lot of the top NJ players in the 2018 class already seem to be going elsewhere (although it is early and things can change quickly). If we do not see real improvement especially in the games against top competition (Washington, PSU, Michigan. OSU, MSU) next year, I think he is done. If you think about the poor talent level he started off combine that with the 2018 class and there is no chance of success.

Reactions: RUaMoose
Needs to do the coaching job of his lifetime this year or else there is no way he succeeds here. This class went from great to good. Lot of the top NJ players in the 2018 class already seem to be going elsewhere (although it is early and things can change quickly). If we do not see real improvement especially in the games against top competition (Washington, PSU, Michigan. OSU, MSU) next year, I think he is done. If you think about the poor talent level he started off combine that with the 2018 class and there is no chance of success.

Great to good cause we lost 1 player??

And out best class ever by rankings turned out to have a lot of 4 star duds. Was it 4 or 5 of them that never really contributed?
well we won't be able to tell how good this class is for 4 or 5 years, by that logic this class could be our worst ever and any class no matter the ranking could be our best ever

well we won't be able to tell how good this class is for 4 or 5 years, by that logic this class could be our worst ever and any class no matter the ranking could be our best ever
I pay less attention to rankings and more to other offers and what HS coaches tell me. Once you get outside the top 10ish not much difference up to around 35. Lots of hits and misses and the right QB makes a big difference.

People expect Rutgers, a program with no real legitimate football history (other than being there birthplace) to turn around a rebuild in one year. And in th process of preaching the end is near, we shoot ourselves in the foot, and let these recruits
Imagine a bleak future at our program that contradicts the truth. It's a NJ/NY mindset I guess.

The big picture is our new coach crushed recruiting with a 2-10 record, upgraded the weight room, upgraded the Hale center, and is in the middle of upgrading the entire practice facility area all in his first year. The guy was left nothing - he's building something - and you all want to tear it down seconds after construction begins and start anew.

I don't get it. This board is something.

Ummmm. We lost 3 recruits. All important positions that we need.
Ash needs a Recruiting upgrade in his Staff now.
More concerned about the continued exodus of Top NJ Talent .
Are we doing better than Flood ? YES. But that was the ultimate worst performance of In State Recruiting ever. Anyone could be doing better than that.

I'm not dumping on Ash -- his performance speaks for itself -- but now we're giving him credit for the facilities upgrades?

Ou
Ummmm. We lost 3 recruits. All important positions that we need.
Ash needs a Recruiting upgrade in his Staff now.
More concerned about the continued exodus of Top NJ Talent .
Are we doing better than Flood ? YES. But that was the ultimate worst performance of In State Recruiting ever. Anyone could be doing better than that.

Its still arguably our best class ever.

He is not going to be done - next year will not be good. Need to be a little more patient than what you are being. Ash's job right now is recruiting, recruiting, recruiting against what has been and is going to be pretty bad teams. We start really judging him on W/L in year 3 and 4. Patience not what people want hear, but this is a rebuild and rebuilds take time.

Ou

Its still arguably our best class ever.

Wrong.
Class of 2012 was better.

I stand corrected. 2011 Class was better as well:

2011 = #30 Ranked Class
2012= #24 Ranked Class

Don't let the facts get in the way of your Posts.

Last edited:
Our best complete classes were:

2012: #24 by 247. 22 players, 1 five-star, 5 four-star, 14 three-star, 2 lower than three-star
Hits (multi-year starters): Hamilton, Carroo, Muller, Lambert, Denman, JPO, Longa, Nelson
Misses (85.0 or better): Brodie, Peele, Thomas, Peoples, Tyree

2011: #30 by 247. 23 players, 1 five-star, 3 four-star, 15 three-star, 4 lower than three-star
Hits (multi-year starters): K. Johnson, Lumpkin, Gause, Nova, Kroft
Misses (85.0 or better): Huggins, Shuler, Wright, Issaka, Davis, T. Johnson

So far for 2017...

2017: #35 by 247, 19 players, 0 five-star, 3 four-stars, 16 three-star, 0 lower than three-star

Still two weeks before signing day, and 6+ spots still left to fill. Doesn't look like we're going to have the five-star splash recruit, but may still end up with a stronger class overall.

Edit: To remove Arciadiacano (it was Brandon, not Nick)

Last edited:
Our best complete classes were:

2012: #24 by 247. 22 players, 1 five-star, 5 four-star, 14 three-star, 2 lower than three-star
Hits (multi-year starters): Hamilton, Carroo, Muller, Lambert, Denman, JPO, Longa, Nelson, Arciadiacano
Misses (85.0 or better): Brodie, Peele, Thomas, Peoples, Tyree

2011: #30 by 247. 23 players, 1 five-star, 3 four-star, 15 three-star, 4 lower than three-star
Hits (multi-year starters): K. Johnson, Lumpkin, Gause, Nova, Kroft
Misses (85.0 or better): Huggins, Shuler, Wright, Issaka, Davis, T. Johnson

So far for 2017...

2017: #35 by 247, 19 players, 0 five-star, 3 four-stars, 16 three-star, 0 lower than three-star

Still two weeks before signing day, and 6+ spots still left to fill. Doesn't look like we're going to have the five-star splash recruit, but may still end up with a stronger class overall.

You are thinking about the wrong Arciadiacano in the 2012, that was Brandon, who never played due to injury.

Bottom line, depending how this class finishes it is going to be one of our better classes on paper as of signing day.

Why are so many of our fans so freaking stupid? Why? And poor on top of it...Worst combination.

Why do certain posters continue to criticize the fans as if they are the reason this football program hasn't achieved more than a Texas Bowl win in its entire existence... especially considering we played in the first college game.

My god people. We have one of the worst performing P5 athletic programs in all of college sports and we wonder why our fans are "stupid"? If you ask me, we should be happy we have the fans we do at this point.

Go to any message board and you will find countless number of dopes.

I think this class is starting to get a little overestimated on this board. It's not bad, especially considering the results on the field, but it's far from great or RUs best ever. It's almost last in the big 10 east and probably won't reach top 40 nationally.

Reactions: RUaMoose
Great to good because we went slightly backwards while a bunch of programs took a major step forward this weekend. We went from #26 a few days ago to #39 today.

The notion that we had no history as a successful program is factually incorrect. We had several good to really good years under Schiano.

Ash has his work cut out for him. Next year needs to show improvement. No more huge blowouts and a better record than 2-10. Hard to recruit off of 2-10 in the B1G. This class is solid. With a bit of good luck, it could be strong. There are several names out there that we are talking to who could improve this class a lot. To me, the most important one is Tucker Day. Second most important recruiting goal is to keep what we have intact.

Also hoping we replace Henry with somebody who makes a couple of heads turn both in recruiting and coaching. Our coaching is already substantially better than last year.

One thing people tend to forget about Ash is that although he really prepped hard for this job, last year was year #1 for him, in the toughest division in football, with some truly exploitable weak spots.

But this year has to be an improvement. It has been so far on the recruiting front. Now we need a better product on the field. And btw, the BC for Miami swap was excellent.

Reactions: Wolv RU
"Any Jackass can tear down a barn, but it takes a skilled craftsman to build one...." Rep Sam Rayburn SOH in 1950's > His words ring so true on this board.

Reactions: motorb54
"Any Jackass can tear down a barn, but it takes a skilled craftsman to build one...." Rep Sam Rayburn SOH in 1950's > His words ring so true on this board.
Yeah, any jackass can tear down a barn, but it's remarkable how quickly and thoroughly the last guy did it. I mean, he didn't bother with an excavator. He just tossed a handheld nuke in the barn.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
He is not going to be done - next year will not be good. Need to be a little more patient than what you are being. Ash's job right now is recruiting, recruiting, recruiting against what has been and is going to be pretty bad teams. We start really judging him on W/L in year 3 and 4. Patience not what people want hear, but this is a rebuild and rebuilds take time.

I just dont want to see anymore 78-0 blowouts. No games where the outcome is decided in the first 5 minutes. No more giving up 28 points in first quarter. I dont care as much about win-loss record as much as competitiveness. Good coaching can make any team competitive.

Ash is on the hotseat.

I think this class is starting to get a little overestimated on this board. It's not bad, especially considering the results on the field, but it's far from great or RUs best ever. It's almost last in the big 10 east and probably won't reach top 40 nationally.

It's going to end up being better than any of our last 3 classes, and probably our last 4. It's a positive step forward, that hopefully we can build on in 2018. We need multiple Top 30 classes to just get back on track in our division.

Some idiot yesterday called it "insane " and it is not at all.

Wrong.
Class of 2012 was better.

I stand corrected. 2011 Class was better as well:

2011 = #30 Ranked Class
2012= #24 Ranked Class

Don't let the facts get in the way of your Posts.

Best single class ever had 7 NFL players in it. And it aint 2011 or 2012 just saying

Reactions: redking

Starting ? LOL. You'd think we had the #1 class in the country the way some were carrying on. And if you dare offer a little cynicism or counter balance you are a "troll" or worse.

ADVERTISEMENT