ADVERTISEMENT

Ashnault Tweet

Ideally it would be Andrew Troczynski as he is at a weight that is a huge need for us, nationally ranked, more than likely a 2x champ, a 3x finalist, and Delbarton guy so it checks a ton of boxes.
Your close...Not going to give a name until he puts it out there

Casale would be a huge pickup as well
Casale would be a nice pickup. Might be interested in playing football.

He’s also close with Jim Mullen who is as close to a must-get as there is in state.

Reactions: MS-RU
Would want him at 197
When I see a guy at 220, I wonder if he's already struggling to make weight. Also, in another two seasons, I can see either Poz or Soldano being 197. Although moot, I'd like to see a weight class between 197 and 285, possibly 225. An 88-pound swing seems unreasonable and even disqualifying for some kids.

Really? Can you assume a kid can easily lose 23 pounds?
By your asinine logic, anyone who is wrestling 220 has discipline issues since there is no weight class between 197 and 285 in college, but in the same breath you want more weight classes in this gap. That’s ridiculous on its own.

To suggest that the 220 weight class is indicative of weight cutting issues might be your worst take yet and that’s seriously impressive. There’s a 220 weight class, the 220 wrestlers make it their goal to get there, and Casale is one of the best ones in the state.

What makes you think he’s a walking 220 struggling to to make 195? Maybe he’s 240 he he cuts to 220? Maybe he’s 200 and feels healthier and stronger wrestling without the cut? But nah you live in a fantasy world, albeit an extremely depressing one. Can’t imagine what you thought of Kyle Snyder wrestling 285 while weighing 215. Weight issues must have kept him from reaching his true potential at 197.

By your asinine logic, anyone who is wrestling 220 has discipline issues since there is no weight class between 197 and 285 in college, but in the same breath you want more weight classes in this gap. That’s ridiculous on its own.

To suggest that the 220 weight class is indicative of weight cutting issues might be your worst take yet and that’s seriously impressive. There’s a 220 weight class, the 220 wrestlers make it their goal to get there, and Casale is one of the best ones in the state.

What makes you think he’s a walking 220 struggling to to make 195? Maybe he’s 240 he he cuts to 220? Maybe he’s 200 and feels healthier and stronger wrestling without the cut? But nah you live in a fantasy world, albeit an extremely depressing one. Can’t imagine what you thought of Kyle Snyder wrestling 285 while weighing 215. Weight issues must have kept him from reaching his true potential at 197.
That wasn't at all my logic.

Can’t imagine what you thought of Kyle Snyder wrestling 285 while weighing 215. Weight issues must have kept him from reaching his true potential at 197.

I’m staying out of this back and forth, but this is one of the funnier lines I’ve read here in a while.

Reactions: DUForever
Pretty sure there were rumors about this when Ashnault was up north on a recruiting trip. Does that sound familiar or did I make that up?

ADVERTISEMENT