ADVERTISEMENT

Assuming 2 Commits, 2 to Go

RU-Choppin-Ohio

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2011
How do you fill in out the class? What positions ? Positionless?

6'2 PG Simpson

6'8 Stretch 4 Moore

Options:

1. 2nd Guard: Should Pikiell target one with more length like Mulcahy and McConnell?

2. A BIG: Favor Aire, Silas Sunday, etc.
With Cliff and Reiber having at least 2 more years, does Pikiell really need a BIG in this class or can he wait until next year?

3. A wing: Maybe someone in that 6'6-6'7" range that can shoot threes, create shots from the perimeter and get into the lane to finish.

Reactions: RUsojo
I think we hope for DC forward - Darren Buchanan.. And then the 4th ship is a interesting one

What if Texas guard Chase Ross still visits and wants to come. Would you take him over say a project Big man- if we strike out on the decent Big man targets.

Our recruiting is pretty mysterious at times

I think Ben and Buchanan will make this a very nice class.

i agree that would be a nice class...but wonder if we need another five man in this class instead of one of those two

Lot depends if Reiber is a five year guy. If he is, we can wait one year between cliff/dean and a third big guy to bring in to start developing

Needs to be a big. Development coaches would prefer a big guy to sit and barely play freshman and sophomore year while they get their body ready and learn. Then when it’s time later, time to shine.

Personally I hope Coach P allocates 1 kid from the Portal either a Big or a Wing player.

I would bring one in every year.

Chase Ross is still in the mix. He would fit the bill for a tall guard. He is listed at 6'5".

Maybe he can be anything close to as good as myles before we talk about him leaving early. Cause he's way behind that level so far
When it happens, and I liked Myles, he will fly past him like like he was standing still
Myles was a great defender and rebounder, Cliff is unlimited physically and has a good shooting touch
Myles could play for a hundred years and never have a good shooting touch

When it happens, and I liked Myles, he will fly past him like like he was standing still
Myles was a great defender and rebounder, Cliff is unlimited physically and has a good shooting touch
Myles could play for a hundred years and never have a good shooting touch
And there's a chance cliff can play for 100 years and never reach peak myles

Maybe he can be anything close to as good as myles before we talk about him leaving early. Cause he's way behind that level so far
Reality doesn't always match what the athlete thinks. We need to be prepared for him to leave early even if it sounds crazy to us. I'd go for a big man and a guard.

Reality doesn't always match what the athlete thinks. We need to be prepared for him to leave early even if it sounds crazy to us. I'd go for a big man and a guard.
Even if he stays for four years and Reiber turns into a solid player, I still think Steve would want to bring in another big man in this class.

Reactions: Rhuarc
Its a good problem to have. If Cliff is as good as Pike is talking for this year, our team is top 25 and a real chance to go far in tourney, he could and should be a double double guy this season. If he shows a shooting touch he will be on the draft radar. NBA drafts on athleticism and potential

ADVERTISEMENT