ADVERTISEMENT

Aundre Hyatt should be starting over Mag and that is a fact!

Yes!! No long worth responding. If you don’t see it, I don’t know what to tell you. Go RU! First time since 109? I have used the ignore feature. It’s liberating. Sorry Message board for the cattiness but merely responsive. Never in my life have I ever said a player sucks. Won’t have my character impugned.

Last edited:
Not going to repeat your slander
No insults at all.
Never said a player sucks.

You accused me of repeatedly insulting players!! WTF? “You get ripped because you constantly insult Mag. Not because you want to start Hyatt” Never ever said a player sucks. WTF!

Load of crap. Please go away and spew your venom somewhere else.

Last edited:
You accused me of repeatedly insulting players!! WTF?
Ok ok I think I see what is setting you off. To be clear, I mean you are making the Hyatt/Mag comparison a lot (in order to argue Hyatt > Mag and/or that Hyatt is treated unfairly on this board). In so doing you point out negative things that Mag does (on the court). I do not mean to imply you are personally insulting Mag.

Similarly the “RHJ sucks” thing was not meant to be an exact quote of yours.

Apologies for the confusion

Reactions: G- RUnit
Why rip either player? I like them both. They both help us win games. They are different but equally important.

If Hyatt starts he gets less shots. Coming off the bench we really count on him to score. Mag sets the tone on D. We could change the rotation but that’s not my decision. Just keep winning.

This. It’s nice to be able to rest Paul, Cam or Caleb and not think we have to just hold on until they get back. We now can get buckets from Derek and Hyatt. Hyatt has been getting 25 minutes to Mags 15.

They are both flawed players who can help in different ways, and both add value in our rotation. I trust Pike to determine who should be in the game depending on the matchups. I do have to say though that the play where Mag ran through the Northwestern player without the ball had my screaming at my TV. The lack of awareness and body control can be extremely frustrating and I can understand why some posters are down on him.

Both guys are much improved. They bring different things. Both have great potential to get better too because they are both very athletic.
I agree, but now that our recruiting is on the upswing I am hopeful we can get guys who have better developed basketball skills vs highly athletic guys who are raw basketball players. I get that it has worked for Pike because he can mold these guys defensively, but just once I would like to see one of our guys dribble through traffic and get to the rim without running someone over. Cam has been a god send in that regard, knows how to play the game.

Maybe somebody already said this; needed to look up the stats; both are essentially averaging the same minutes. So, so far if it ain't broke....

Hyatt is an underrated rebounder.
As long as Pike continues with full court pressure Mag is going to play.
Pike is doing a really good job of managing their minutes and when to use them.
There are times I’m mad Mag isn’t in the game, there are times I’m mad Hyatt isn’t in the game… that means they’re both doing pretty well.

Hyatt is an underrated rebounder.
As long as Pike continues with full court pressure Mag is going to play.
Pike is doing a really good job of managing their minutes and when to use them.
There are times I’m mad Mag isn’t in the game, there are times I’m mad Hyatt isn’t in the game… that means they’re both doing pretty well.
Hyatt is widely regarded as a strong rebounder. Not sure anyone is underrating that part of his game

Fortunately for us, nothing said on the board causes Pike to make lineup or substitution changes during a game. Also, we are fortunate these two players are improving game by game and have become an important part of our success. Mag is a one man full court press machine and forces the opponent to use up 10+ seconds to move the ball upcourt. As some mentioned Hyatt has become less selfish and has stopped trying to be a one man show and gee his scoring average has gone up. The combination of these 2 players is a strength, not a weakness If we could average 17 points at the other 4 positions we would be in the 80’s every game. To me being a starter or 6th man should not impact anyone’s ego . The sixth man on many successful teams is more valuable than some of the starters. I think Pike’s logic in starting Mag is to disrupt the other teams offense while having enough firepower from the other 4 starters to allow us to grab an early lead. Doesn’t always work when Cliff and/ or Caleb are having an off night.
Good night and Let’s beat OSU tomorrow and leave the RAC on a happy note.

It's not that people post stupid things... it's that some of our most outspoken fans have an elite ability to say the dumbest things at the most amazing points in a season......

If memory serves years ago @willisneverrana43 had a thread where some poster was as wrong in both topic and timing as the OP.

Good golly is it possible to be more wrong and have worse timing than this?

ADVERTISEMENT