ADVERTISEMENT

Aundre Hyatt taking an official visit, still weighing 18 vs 19

I think and hope we got him! I don;t think hes coming to waste his time or Pikes. I think he's ready. Props to the new floor if he got excited after seeing the photo. I know i did!

Reactions: RUONTHERISE
I will admit i thought Massoud over Hyatt but this is a huge get if Pikiell lands him. We would having shooters galore.
Hyatt, Kiss, Baker, Thiam, Harper, Mathis, McConnell. You set the right screens and they all can't be covered. Throw in Mulcahy in 2019 and the experience these freshmen will have plus Kiss and the Texas transfer and we can play in this league.

Hyatt, Kiss, Baker, Thiam, Harper, Mathis, McConnell. You set the right screens and they all can't be covered. Throw in Mulcahy in 2019 and the experience these freshmen will have plus Kiss and the Texas transfer and we can play in this league.
They also all can't be on the floor together, to be fair.
No, but we’ve never had that much shooting depth since I’ve been watching and that started in 1988.

I thought he had gotten hurt. If so, is the possible red shirt the result of that injury?

I prefer to grab him for this season whether he red shirts or not. He is a talent and we need as many good players as possible. This I think is huge getting an official visit from Aundre.

If he redshirts, he's essentially a 2019 recruit anyway, so I don't see much downside, if any........I'll take my chances with Hyatt in the program for a full year working here, vs somewhere else or having to continue to recruit him for 2019. Hopefully he has a great visit and picks RU.

Depending on the injury it might be a great solution to get in a program and recover using the schools therapy folks. If it’s serious enough he won’t be playing so a prep school does him no good.

Forget redshirting.* That will be two guys on the roster who can’t play (Young the other) who can then bolt as grad transfers their last year anyway. Might as well get something out of the roster spot.

*Unless it’s the player’s wish to redshirt and it’s the difference between getting a big time player or losing him to someone else.

Forget redshirting.* That will be two guys on the roster who can’t play (Young the other) who can then bolt as grad transfers their last year anyway. Might as well get something out of the roster spot.

*Unless it’s the player’s wish to redshirt and it’s the difference between getting a big time player or losing him to someone else.

If taking Hyatt in 2018 means allowing him to redshirt due to injury, you do it in a heartbeat. He's a 4-star player who can SHOOT, a skill we desperately need.

I have less concern this year with two players being unavailable due to transfer rules or medical redshirt, as opposed to what happened last year. Last year, we had both Kiss and Johnson sitting out for the same reasons, leaving us with 11 active players, but two of those players (Mensah, Bullock) were non-contributors, leaving us with only 9 players.

But in 2018, we will have 11 players who can ALL contribute, so allowing Hyatt to redshirt would be less of a concern, even though Young is also sitting out.

If taking Hyatt in 2018 means allowing him to redshirt due to injury, you do it in a heartbeat. He's a 4-star player who can SHOOT, a skill we desperately need.

I have less concern this year with two players being unavailable due to transfer rules or medical redshirt, as opposed to what happened last year. Last year, we had both Kiss and Johnson sitting out for the same reasons, leaving us with 11 active players, but two of those players (Mensah, Bullock) were non-contributors, leaving us with only 9 players.

But in 2018, we will have 11 players who can ALL contribute, so allowing Hyatt to redshirt would be less of a concern, even though Young is also sitting out.
Good point. We had essentially 4 wasted roster spots last year. But stuff happens. Injuries, suspensions, whatever. Just want to have as many options as possible.

Reactions: kwrightnj
I wondering if to those of you who have a deep knowledge of recruiting see this as a pretty standard visit (this guy at this school at this time of year) or something out of the ordinary--maybe even special.

He wants to play, he wants to redshirt whatever. He wants to come here you roll out the Scarlet carpet.
Agree completely
Think about this? If Hyatt comes, which it looks like he will imo, it’s no longer that far fetched for a 5 star center for 2020 to come to Rutgers.

Look at the names and rankings and it’s only going to get better;

4 star Hyatt, Mathis, Harper, the transfer from Texas (keep forgetting his name) AND Doucoure

High 3 star Mulcahy, underrated and probably high 3 star Baker, 3 star McConnell, just to name a few.

This would actually be a smart move to enter the program in 2020. Smart visit for that kid

Reactions: LC-88 and biazza38
Think about this? If Hyatt comes, which it looks like he will imo, it’s no longer that far fetched for a 5 star center for 2020 to come to Rutgers.

4 star Hyatt, Mathis, Harper, the transfer from Texas (keep forgetting his name) AND Doucoure

High 3 star Mulcahy, underrated and probably high 3 star Baker, 3 star McConnell, just to name a few.

This would actually be a smart move to enter the program in 2020. Smart visit for that kid

Why so confident just from a visit?

Why so confident just from a visit?
I don’t know? Just a gut feeling and his timing. He’s been to Rutgers many times including several games. I could be wrong but I’m just feeling really good about this for some reason?

I don’t know? Just a gut feeling and his timing. He’s been to Rutgers many times including several games. I could be wrong but I’m just feeling really good about this for some reason?
Look at his offer list. Pikiell landing him would be nothing short of a miracle

Let’s get Aundre Hyatt and call it a day..

With Hyatt ..we will have 6 4 star recruits on the roster in 2019-2020

Doucoure
Young
Mathis
Harper
Hyatt
Mulchay

Scary good what the 2020-2021 roster, year five, could look like with a monster class of 2020, which coach P and staff will have a full year to evaluate.

Might as pen in that Natty championship. Jkjk I actually like your thought process here and on the other thread. Pike is probably telling them the same thing. Nothing is a coincidence

This one has taken many turns. I asked about him awhile ago and the word from the mods was he was not coming. Also there were indications that Pitt was heavily involved and now they don't even seem to be an option. Hard to keep up but obviously this is a positive development for RU

If we get Hyatt do we have another ship for 19? Either way that would lead to a potential monster 2020 class with all the talent Pike can sell on the roster

If we get Hyatt do we have another ship for 19? Either way that would lead to a potential monster 2020 class with all the talent Pike can sell on the roster

We would be at full max if Hyatt comes aboard and there are no departures after this year. In a sense, it's a 2 year stretch where 90% of your roster is in place and on campus starting in July 2018 through July 2020....you would be adding Mulcahy as a true freshman next summer, Young as a transfer sitting out but with a full 12 months in the program and same with Hyatt.

There is a huge advantage to button up your recruiting this early, if you can land Hyatt...you get a full run of recruiting for 2020 this summer while many schools are finalizing 2019 offers, visits and commitments. If you can get the 2020 recruiting cranked up, maybe you get a better chance to convince 2 other Top 100 players to join...

Let’s get Aundre Hyatt and call it a day..

With Hyatt ..we will have 6 4 star recruits on the roster in 2019-2020

Doucoure
Young
Mathis
Harper
Hyatt
Mulchay

Scary good what the 2020-2021 roster, year five, could look like with a monster class of 2020, which coach P and staff will have a full year to evaluate.

Sorry...SCARY GOOD, BEAST MODE.....Just WIN >.500 in league, win the league / league championship / return to the dance...and make a dent in the brackets!

Think this song should be our theme from NOW on out!~

MO
PS The Charleston is all the rage.

ADVERTISEMENT