ADVERTISEMENT

Awful news Iowa wbb

Another SMH moment. Terrible. The good news is the mom and daughter are stable..but still critical. Son must be OK (didn't see those details) but RIP dad. Great looking family.

Also sad - the person that hit them, while not "drunk" apparently admitted that he had taken a drug and was "so tired he couldn't make the turn". Meanwhile, of course, he pled not-guilty.

Original reports I had read indicated that a full recovery was expected for the basketball player, but I would say that this more recent story makes that more questionable. Very sad indeed.

There's been a lot of horrible news lately that's made my blood boil, and this is one more thing. I wasn't aware of the story until I saw it here. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

The driver who hit them was allegedly high on the narcotic hydrocodone, the active narcotic ingredient in Vicodin.. He has a record of arrests for narcotic possession and drug paraphernalia along with leaving the scene of an accident, and multiple arrests for driving with a suspended license, multiple speeding arrests, operating a vehicle with fictitious plates, and more....

He was arrested almost exactly a year ago for various drug related offenses and leaving the scene of an accident. The vast majorty of his jail sentences in the case were suspended, and 3 of the 5 criminal charges were dismissed as part of a plea deal. If it wasn't for the suspended sentences and dismissed charges, he might've been incarcerated at the time of the Jones' family tragedy. And less than 2 months prior to his 2021 drug related accident he was also arrested again for knowingly driving with a suspended license.

I hope that justice will be served in this case.

Last edited:
Reactions: 29PAS and MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT