ADVERTISEMENT

B12 Expansion Is A GO

Yes and complete reaction to today's news about the ACC Network and GOR expansion. In addition, if and when Texas and Oklahoma leave, they don't feel guilty about leaving their mates without a conference. It's no lose for the Big 12 to expand.

Reactions: MozRU and LC-88
On days like today, I'm so happy we're in the B1G and am anxious for the TV deals with Fox and ESPN to be formally announced

Doubt this means anything for other P5 conferences.

Big 12 will raid AAC...AAC will raid other smaller conferences.

I also think they're a few options outside of the AAC, and it will depend on whether the Conference wants to give WV a travel partner or not. Although BYU comes with its issues, it is the best brand football school available in the G5 without doubt. I could also see the Big 12 getting back into Colorado with CSU, although the recruiting grounds are not fertile. One could argue the difference between Colorado and CSU football at this time is minimum.

Reactions: MulletCork
Think BYU and Colorado St will be the first two and UCF & Cinn if the B-12 adds 4
Texas won't want Houston and will do there best keep them out.
Memphis , right now , isn't desirable enough but if they quickly find donors to upgrade their FB program with big bucks might just knock Cincy out of the running if four schools are going to be brought in.
UCF with Florida's fertile recruiting ground is why I feel they have a shot.

Reactions: MulletCork
BYU is a no-brainer for the conf and I think now after seeing they're not exactly UND when it comes to scheduling and TV deals, it should be for the school too ... Look at their schedule this year they have like 4 home games and play at like 5 NFL stadiums and against G5 lame opponents

Yes and complete reaction to today's news about the ACC Network and GOR expansion. In addition, if and when Texas and Oklahoma leave, they don't feel guilty about leaving their mates without a conference. It's no lose for the Big 12 to expand.
Pre-replacing teams that will eventually leave.

Think BYU and Colorado St will be the first two and UCF & Cinn if the B-12 adds 4
Texas won't want Houston and will do there best keep them out.
You are right, unless Texas already has exit plans. If Houston gets added, then Texas is gone sooner (no pun intended), rather than later.

Texas leaves for the Big Ten

-San Diego State ( San Jose or Fresno State) are added from California

-UCF and USF are dded from Florida.

-Memphis and Tulane are added from the SEC region

Cincinnati would make the 16th team

24/7 Coast to Coast College Football from morning to midnight

Last edited:
Reactions: Madman_1
No BYU? And how so Boise - they bring nothing. That ship has sailed.
I just forgot about BYU. Boise St. brings an entire states market. Same can't be said for teams like Houston, Cincinnati or UCF. Nobody cares about those schools outside of alumni mostly and geographically Boise makes more sense than others.

I also think they're a few options outside of the AAC, and it will depend on whether the Conference wants to give WV a travel partner or not. Although BYU comes with its issues, it is the best brand football school available in the G5 without doubt. I could also see the Big 12 getting back into Colorado with CSU, although the recruiting grounds are not fertile. One could argue the difference between Colorado and CSU football at this time is minimum.
Oh, there's a difference. As bad as CU has been, CSU best teams have always played the second class citizen role with the Denver media. It been hard to get excited about CSU playing Wyoming, Air Force and Utah State vs. Nebraska, Oklahoma or Texas back in the Big 8/Big 12 days. Even now in the Pac 12 CU has Oregon, USC and Stanford visiting Boulder while CSU has who? CSU doesn't have the same appeal kind of like UConn to the B1G when comparing them to Rutgers.

Reactions: RURM85
For some sizzle, I would not be surprised if Big 12 or PAC make a move for UNLV at some point. Would be a decent match with Boise St. Imagine having a big conference basketball tourney in LV - pretty awesome. Cincy and Memphis would round out 4 additions. Would be a great bball conference.

If UConn or Cincy gets poached, that will open up one or two slots in the AAC. If Rutgers plays their cards right we could slide right into that conference. I just need to check the strength of the AAC vs the B1G to see which conference is preferable.

I just forgot about BYU. Boise St. brings an entire states market. Same can't be said for teams like Houston, Cincinnati or UCF. Nobody cares about those schools outside of alumni mostly and geographically Boise makes more sense than others.
Yeah, but the metro area for those cities are just as big as the entire state of Idaho and Utah. You can't just discount Houston, Cincinnati and UCF as if they don't have fans and impact the viewership in their cities. Who had the NY Times article that gave the breakdown of fans for each school in their TV market? Can we bring that back to compare some actual numbers.

Cincinnati metro: 2.1 million
Houston metro: 6.6 million
Orlando metro: 2.3 million
Idaho (entire state): 1.7 million
Idaho (entire state): 2.8 million

The Houston meeting with PAC12 folks is a wildcard. Can the PAC12 be ready to make a move to add more tv markets to its limited reach network? And could a B12 school follow? Next 30 days will be interesting.

GO RU

What is the Dud of West Virginia and Chimp Brownstain sayin? ...so I can think exactly the opposite!?

I think this means texas and/or oklahoma is gone. Whats the point in adding one of these other schools otherwise. Seems like expansion for the sake of it.

ADVERTISEMENT