ADVERTISEMENT

B1G 2019 Revenue Crushes Other P5 Conferences

According to the rest of our conference mates Rutgers and Maryland had nothing to do with that figure. They were going to get that anyway without us. The best one I heard was from a psu fan, "Rutgers adds nothing, nobody watches them". Yes, they really do raise them that dumb in Pennsylvania.

According to the rest of our conference mates Rutgers and Maryland had nothing to do with that figure. They were going to get that anyway without us. The best one I heard was from a psu fan, "Rutgers adds nothing, nobody watches them". Yes, they really do raise them that dumb in Pennsylvania.
As with everything else they always want more .SO they even IMPORT a lot too.

It would be interesting to the numbers from 2009 to 2019. To compare the pre-RU/UMD yearly growth to the post-RU/UMD yearly growth.

It would be interesting to the numbers from 2009 to 2019. To compare the pre-RU/UMD yearly growth to the post-RU/UMD yearly growth.
2018- $759 Million
2017- $512 Million
2016--???
2015- $448.8 Million
2014- $338 Million
2013- $318.4 Million
2012-$315 Million

What happened around 2014 to spur such meteoric growth?

I know this has been discussed a million times but when does RU get “full share” of the revenue? Because we took a loan from the BIG10 wasn’t it pushed back once or twice?

I know this has been discussed a million times but when does RU get “full share” of the revenue? Because we took a loan from the BIG10 wasn’t it pushed back once or twice?
2027. We'll celebrate our 14th year in the conference. And no that's not a joke. B1G seems to use a sliding scale, the more the conference makes the more Rutgers owes. Now that's a joke.

Reactions: HeywoodGiant
I thought it was 22MM?

Nah we advanced the money and I think it’s something like $26mil last year, $29mil this year, and I think it bounces up to like $38mil or something next year.

This is all off memory so I could be off.

Nah we advanced the money and I think it’s something like $26mil last year, $29mil this year, and I think it bounces up to like $38mil or something next year.

This is all off memory so I could be off.
You're real close. We were do to receive $16.4 mil. in our last year of the buy in. Took an $11 mil. loan from B1G to receive $27.4 mil. instead. Next year we receive in the $41 mil. range with no loan and start to payback all the loans we took during the buy in period from the B1G.

https://scarletknights.com/documents/2019/1/31/CSS_Rutgers_Final_Report.pdf

x498Tj0.jpg

Reactions: Wolv RU and RUnTeX
You're real close. We were do to receive $16.4 mil. in our last year of the buy in. Took an $11 mil. loan from B1G to receive $27.4 mil. instead. Next year we receive in the $41 mil. range with no loan and start to payback all the loans we took during the buy in period from the B1G.
Payback,payback? Don't need no stinking payback.Just a lot of suitcases and a fast bus out of town.We're already wearing mask no?

2027. We'll celebrate our 14th year in the conference. And no that's not a joke. B1G seems to use a sliding scale, the more the conference makes the more Rutgers owes. Now that's a joke.
While a joke.. it is also true if you think about how the cost to join should have been set in stone... X million dollars.. and the difference between the share they paid us vs what we would have gotten as a full member should represent a payment toward that fixed amount.

Instead.. as the Big revenues increase, the shares to full members increase.. and the amount we will have paid to enter is becoming larger and larger.

I think what we will find is that Nebraska will have paid X to join and we will have pain 10*X to join.

While a joke.. it is also true if you think about how the cost to join should have been set in stone... X million dollars.. and the difference between the share they paid us vs what we would have gotten as a full member should represent a payment toward that fixed amount.

Instead.. as the Big revenues increase, the shares to full members increase.. and the amount we will have paid to enter is becoming larger and larger.

I think what we will find is that Nebraska will have paid X to join and we will have pain 10*X to join.
We'll we're a full member now. I think that started at midnight on July 1st. So any increase in pay we receive an equal share. I said it from the start Nebraska got credited for bringing the B1G a championship game. Rutgers/Maryland got zero credit for adding to the negotiations for a new TV deal. They treated these schools as if they added no value whatsoever.

Nebraska entered the B1G almost 4 yrs. to the day before Rutgers did. If you ran the rough number we will pay 35% more to enter the B1G. So the B1G told Rutgers in those 4 yrs. our value increased as a conference 35%? That was a crock of sh*t, the existing members knew they had us over a barrel and took full advantage of it.

Reactions: bigmatt718
The sad part is that was probably a NJ poster who goes to PSU

ADVERTISEMENT