ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Bowl Matchups

Pitt - NW is a rough matchup, fan-wise, BUT should be a very exciting game.

Music City: Nebraska vs. Tennessee--Go Huskers!

Foster Farms: Indiana v. Utah (hope we get here someday)

Holiday: Minnesota v. Washington State (San Diego-great location)

Quick Lane: BC v. Maryland

Indiana vs Utah, that is funny I talked about road wins. Washington-PSU.

Music City: Nebraska vs. Tennessee--Go Huskers!

Foster Farms: Indiana v. Utah (hope we get here someday)

Holiday: Minnesota v. Washington State (San Diego-great location)

Quick Lane: BC v. Maryland

I have ZERO desire to play in Santa Clara. None. I'll go, sure, but don't see the "draw" at all.

Here's hoping the B1G goes 2-0 in the playoff and 8-1 in the bowls.

Gee Nuts - I can't figure out who the BIG team is that you want to lose. Now let me think.....(images of Flood saying TTFP, TTFP)

Gee Nuts - I can't figure out who the BIG team is that you want to lose. Now let me think.....(images of Flood saying TTFP, TTFP)

USC was also my first college football, let's say, "infatuation." Remember watching Anthony Davis destroy ND in a 35-point second half, the "song girls," and "Fight On" as a kid, absolutely loved it.

USC was also my first college football, let's say, "infatuation." Remember watching Anthony Davis destroy ND in a 35-point second half, the "song girls," and "Fight On" as a kid, absolutely loved it.

So, if it was UCLA and not USC for whom would you be rooting?

Okay, Northwestern is 6/6, I know why they are in the pinstripe. But why is an 8/4 Pitt team in that game?

I have ZERO desire to play in Santa Clara. None. I'll go, sure, but don't see the "draw" at all.
BC-MD seems weird, but just like old times. That would be something we could end up in if the rebuild gets in gear. Anything except the Pinstripe would now be enjoyable and a reward for the program.

Okay, Northwestern is 6/6, I know why they are in the pinstripe. But why is an 8/4 Pitt team in that game?

They travel awful. Nobody wants them. ACC probably figures they have a decent # of alumni in the NYC area.

Thousands of empty seats at the Pimp$tripe Bowl.

It will easily be the worst draw of all the games played there thus far which, much to your dismay, has been a lot more successful than you and others expected. This has 15-20K written all over it IMHO.

Pitt fans must be going crazy. They go 8/4 with a victory over the BIG champion and they get sent to the pinstripe to play a 6/6team. It is almost a punishment. For them it is a lose lose situation. Northwestern may not travel well although NYC at Christmas time could be a draw but the Pitt fans may stay away in protest. Attendance, as many have pointed out could be a problem.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Fredo will get theirs when they play Maryland.
That has got to be the worst P5 6-6 team I've ever seen maybe only rivaled by Wake Forest. Their strength of schedule must be in the 120's. Wins UMass/ 2-10, Wagner/ they suck, Buffalo/ 2-10, NC State/ 6-6, UConn/ 3-9, Wake Forest/ 6-6. And I thought Maryland scheduled lightly. Wow.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
I can root for all of the B1G teams in their bowl games except PSU.....even Michigan. The only time I would have to root against one is if they played my other alma mater Miami....unless Rutgers plays Miami then I root for RU.

No win for Wisconsin... win and they beat a G5 team that hasn't beaten anybody big, lose and it looks more embarrassing

That has got to be the worst P5 6-6 team I've ever seen maybe only rivaled by Wake Forest. Their strength of schedule must be in the 120's. Wins UMass/ 2-10, Wagner/ they suck, Buffalo/ 2-10, NC State/ 6-6, UConn/ 3-9, Wake Forest/ 6-6. And I thought Maryland scheduled lightly. Wow.

I think the worst 6-6 school was Rutgers in 2013 with Flood

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
It will easily be the worst draw of all the games played there thus far which, much to your dismay, has been a lot more successful than you and others expected. This has 15-20K written all over it IMHO.

we say this all the time but people keep showing up, was it Duke-Indiana last year or two years ago, what was the attendance, that seems like a poor matchup as well

we say this all the time but people keep showing up, was it Duke-Indiana last year or two years ago, what was the attendance, that seems like a poor matchup as well

They did a GREAT job with that matchup:

IU - 1st bowl game since 2007
Duke - large alumni base in region

...I also think they're doing a lot better each year with "local" sales. Due for some really bad weather, however, so let's see how this one plays out.

Pitt fans must be going crazy. They go 8/4 with a victory over the BIG champion and they get sent to the pinstripe to play a 6/6team. It is almost a punishment. For them it is a lose lose situation. Northwestern may not travel well although NYC at Christmas time could be a draw but the Pitt fans may stay away in protest. Attendance, as many have pointed out could be a problem.

They also beat Clemson which im sure you know

I actually think WMU might have a shot against Wisconsin and I'm not a big Fleck or WMU fan. Wisconsin can have a tendency to play close games against top teams and sometimes against teams you might not expect to linger. Wisconsin matchup might not be bad for them.

I'll be rooting for all the B10 teams. I usually like rooting for whatever conference we're a member of during bowl season and during early season OOC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT