ADVERTISEMENT

B1G lax tourney attendance rules

SF88

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2001
I just spoke with a Penn State ticket rep. Currently, only player family or guests are allowed to attend an athletic event at PS. As it stands now, the public can not attend the lax tournament. Texas Rangers can have 40,000 folks at a game, but PSU not allowing what would be several hundred for a RU-OSU semi final matchup???? Why have a tourney at at location that doesn't allow fans??? I'm glad my hotel room is cancelable, but a shame to not be allowed to go to the B1G tourney

Reactions: Caliknight
I agree that it is a shame that fans are not permitted, especially for the players. But, given who is running Texas these days, I don't think using that state as a "good example" is the best idea.

PSU is a nice lacrosse stadium, but very small...similar to Michigan....sure it would have been great to pivot and move it to Maryland or RU or OSU and allow a % of capacity...which would have allowed for some non family fans...but PSU has been in line for this for a couple years now, it's their turn in the rotation...I guess they wanted to keep it at PSU...easy for me to say since I get to go...but I get it, it sucks...only good thing is it's on real BTN so you get national TV coverage...

Kudos to RU for letting general public fans in...same for Navy and others...it's the right thing to do at this point...people are still wearing masks...even though it's outside...people are following them"rules"...I've been to a bunch of games this year...zero issues

Sorry you can't go...

PSU is a nice lacrosse stadium, but very small...similar to Michigan....sure it would have been great to pivot and move it to Maryland or RU or OSU and allow a % of capacity...which would have allowed for some non family fans...but PSU has been in line for this for a couple years now, it's their turn in the rotation...I guess they wanted to keep it at PSU...easy for me to say since I get to go...but I get it, it sucks...only good thing is it's on real BTN so you get national TV coverage...

Kudos to RU for letting general public fans in...same for Navy and others...it's the right thing to do at this point...people are still wearing masks...even though it's outside...people are following them"rules"...I've been to a bunch of games this year...zero issues

Sorry you can't go...

Unless it's a Commonwealth executive order there's no excuse for keeping it on the PSU campus but moving it to the football stadium.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Seating is limited, but not limited to 4 per player for family. I think it's 1500 or 2000.
Yeah, for our home games this year the cap was 2k including players/coaches family tix allocation. Seems so arbitrary for a 55k seat stadium but it is what it is and I was happy to get outside and watch a live game ! They really should open up both sides of the stadium if we host in round 1 to increase capacity. If they allow 4K in that’s still less than 10% of the stadium.

I agree that it is a shame that fans are not permitted, especially for the players. But, given who is running Texas these days, I don't think using that state as a "good example" is the best idea.

If my business wasn’t in New Jersey I’d move to Texas and have him as my governor in a nanosecond.

Last edited:
Somewhere between Ohio St. letting in roughly 320 people (4 per player) into a 102,000 seat stadium last month and fully reopening there has to be a happy, and rational, medium.

Reactions: SF88 and AreYouNUTS
Somewhere between Ohio St. letting in roughly 320 people (4 per player) into a 102,000 seat stadium last month and fully reopening there has to be a happy, and rational, medium.
You would think, but some states are run by liberal jackasses who love the power over their people that this has afforded them, unfortunately.

Yeah, for our home games this year the cap was 2k including players/coaches family tix allocation. Seems so arbitrary for a 55k seat stadium but it is what it is and I was happy to get outside and watch a live game ! They really should open up both sides of the stadium if we host in round 1 to increase capacity. If they allow 4K in that’s still less than 10% of the stadium.
You're being logical Red Sail....that's not how things roll with covid thinking these days...after all, the games are outside 😏

With that said, Rutgers is one of a few letting general public in...so kudos to Rutgers for at least opening up a little...I would never wear a mask outside...but to watch my kids, I'll make an exception and keep my mouth shut...

Go RU! Beat Hop!

Reactions: red sail
You're being logical Red Sail....that's not how things roll with covid thinking these days...after all, the games are outside 😏

With that said, Rutgers is one of a few letting general public in...so kudos to Rutgers for at least opening up a little...I would never wear a mask outside...but to watch my kids, I'll make an exception and keep my mouth shut...

Go RU! Beat Hop!
Would have definitely made the trip out to see the boys in the semis of the B1G tourney at PSU too but crazy inconsistent rules prevail

Reactions: Golfer2019
If my business wasn’t in New Jersey I’d move to Texas and have him as my governor in a nanosecond.
Me too. They are doing what America should be doing great. Living their life freely.Texas is a great state evidenced by all the companies and people that have moved there. Zero issues from Texas having a full capacity.

This is the best team we’ve had in a long time. It’s sad politicos keeps them from being supported in person. Fans are missing out. Seeing this show live is much different than on tv.

Reactions: Golfer2019
Me too. They are doing what America should be doing great. Living their life freely.Texas is a great state evidenced by all the companies and people that have moved there. Zero issues from Texas having a full capacity.

This is the best team we’ve had in a long time. It’s sad politicos keeps them from being supported in person. Fans are missing out. Seeing this show live is much different than on tv.

I’m in Nashville this weekend. 100% back to normal. Such a relief to not have to deal with liberal idiocy....and I’ve never seen anything like this city my LORD!

ADVERTISEMENT