ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Ten East Power Rankings

rivals1982

Freshman
Jul 1, 2016
Here is how I see the current B1G Ten East Power Rankings:

Tier 1
Michigan (elite defense, above average offense, easy schedule)

Tier 2
OSU (looked great against Oklahoma and average the rest of the year)
Maryland (beat MSU and has looked tough most of the year)

Tier 3
PSU (one lucky win and mediocre talent overall with a huge blowout loss to Michigan)
Rutgers (played Iowa, Illinois and Minnesota very close; virtual wins. Only real B1G losses to OSU and Michigan)
Indiana (good defense and needs to keep up the quick offense)

Tier 4
MSU (terrible season; needs to just hang it up and reboot during the offseason)

Thoughts?

I was shocked to see Maryland beat MSU. I thought that Maryland was the worst team we played all season.

Oh yeah. Penn State also beat them senseless a few weeks ago. You may want to adjust your power rankings.

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3
PSU (one lucky win and mediocre talent overall with a huge blowout loss to Michigan)
Rutgers (played Iowa, Illinois and Minnesota very close; virtual wins. Only real B1G losses to OSU and Michigan)

Tier 4

Thoughts?
Really...do you really see us better than MSU? I honestly think we could lose by 14 against MSU.

Tier 1
-UM
-OSU

Tier 2
-PSU

Tier 3
- Indiana (possibly tier 2)
- RU
- MSU

I think this (^) is probably right (for now) despite the MD ommission. I could also make an argument that it should be this (in order):

UM

OSU
PSU

IU
MD
MSU
RU

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Tier 4

Thoughts?

Virtual wins? Are you for real? Why don't you give virtual wins to MSU, they played IND, NW and MD pretty close, lol.

Tier 1
Mich
OSU (not dropping them unless they lose to Mich)

Tier 2
PSU
IND

Tier 3
MD

Tier 4
MSU
RU (although I think it's unlikely RU beats MSU, I'll keep them out of Tier 5 for now)

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Tier 4

Thoughts?

Tier 1
Michigan
OSU (Sorry PSU got lucky, you have to be good to get lucky, but OSU is still awesome)

Tier 2
PSU (Even a blind squirrel finds a nut, it was OSU's nut though)
Indiana (hard to tell how good, beat MSU when we thought MSU was good)
Maryland (Really only bad games against PSU and Minnesota where true freshman played at QB, bad rushing defense)

Tier 3
Whoever loses vs. Indiana/Maryland goes here.

Tier 4
MSU (terrible season; but still not as bad as Rutgers, I do not see them losing 78-0 to Michigan this week)
Rutgers (WTF is a virtual win?)

Virtual wins? Are you for real? Why don't you give virtual wins to MSU, they played IND, NW and MD pretty close, lol.

Tier 1
Mich
OSU (not dropping them unless they lose to Mich)

Tier 2
PSU
IND

Tier 3
MD

Tier 4
MSU
RU (although I think it's unlikely RU beats MSU, I'll keep them out of Tier 5 for now)

Exactly how I see it. If Sparty gets their head out their ass they could jump a tier or 2. And y'all with a new QB and some spark could join tier 3 but I think that's your ceiling this year. UMD is still TBD for me mostly because Sparty has been so bad. Living in DC and having an away game on the 12th I've decided to go to the OSU@UMD game. We'll know more about UMD then.

Sorry maryland played one of the worst OOC schedules I have seen and should not be ranked that high.

Michigan
OSU
PSU

MD
IU

MSU
RU

For right now at least, this is how it probably breaks down. You can put PSU in its own Tier 2 probably and create a fourth, but they did just beat OSU (obviously not saying that they are better than them).

Tier 1
Michigan
OSU (Sorry PSU got lucky, you have to be good to get lucky, but OSU is still awesome)

Tier 2
PSU (Even a blind squirrel finds a nut, it was OSU's nut though)
Indiana (hard to tell how good, beat MSU when we thought MSU was good)
Maryland (Really only bad games against PSU and Minnesota where true freshman played at QB, bad rushing defense)

Tier 3
Whoever loses vs. Indiana/Maryland goes here.

Tier 4
MSU (terrible season; but still not as bad as Rutgers, I do not see them losing 78-0 to Michigan this week)
Rutgers (WTF is a virtual win?)

Dude, stop making excuses for your QB. You sound like a moro.

Michigan
Ohio State

Penn State
Indiana
Maryland
Sparty
Rutgers

I would love to see Rutgers knock off a couple of teams and move up the ranks. But as of today, it is what it is.

I think the whole point of a "power ranking" is how you are doing lately, not how you have done all together this season (that's what the regular rankings are for). In that case, I would put Rutgers above MSU because we are 6 seconds away from having a Big Ten win, and a fumble at our own 20 yard line away from possibly having 2. MSU has no wins also, but they were only close against Indiana, who they needed a last-second TD to bring the game to OT, and then lost. So I don't see how they are a better team in the "power" rankings. Overall we are worse because we played the first half the season with Laviano. But in a power ranking, with Gio, the future of this season is going up right now.

Dude, stop making excuses for your QB. You sound like a moro.

Who knows if Maryland would have beat PSU or Minnesota with Hills but there's no doubt that Maryland's offense looks completely different with him under center as opposed to true freshman Tyrell Pigrome...and that's to be expected.

Not sure I would call that an excuse.

Just a fact.

You are what your record says you are. We are the bottom feeder of the eastern division until the team proves otherwise on the field.

Reactions: RuRoman
Who knows if Maryland would have beat PSU or Minnesota with Hills but there's no doubt that Maryland's offense looks completely different with him under center as opposed to true freshman Tyrell Pigrome...and that's to be expected.

Not sure I would call that an excuse.

Just a fact.

I could say the same thing about us not having our LBs. No one cares. You either win or lose.

BTW, any QB who allows himself to take a beating may be tough but he isn't very smart. Your body can only take so much.

Right now, we are in a tier all by ourselves. Although we have had some close games, we have not shown the ability to close.
Hoping that MSU just throws in the towel and we can beat them somehow.
If I were forced to bet, I would not put any money on us winning another game. Just hoping we can keep them close.

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Tier 4

Thoughts?

This list is really bad.

I like this idea of virtual wins. They are the result of virtual recruiting and virtual coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT