• GRAMBLING STATE*
  • TEXAS A & M CORPUS CHRISTI*
  • SOUTHESAST MISSOURI STATE*
  • HOWARD*
  • FDU*

LAST 4 BYES: MISSISSIPPI STATE, UTAH STATE, RUTGERS, BOISE STATE
LAST 4 IN: NORTH CAROLINA STATE, PITTSBURGH, ARIZONA STATE, PROVIDENCE

FIRST 4 OUT: NEVADA, VANDERBILT, OKLAHOMA STATE, CLEMSON
NEXT 6 OUT: WISCONSIN, NEW MEXICO, OREGON, NORTH CAROLINA, MICHIGAN, NORTH TEXAS

This is just how I see things today on 3/11 and 12:30 PM. The entire field and seeds will be scrubbed and alot of numbers crunching overnight and tomorrow morning that could change things

With Rutgers, I believe Rutgers is 90% locked in the field. I think its 60/40 that we avoid Dayton. Rutgers has a shot at 10 here but its tenuous for sure. Do not necessarily expect that. 11 might be more correct. Rutgers fans should sweat less than last year. Right now 101 of 105 brackets on the Matrix have RU in the field, although right now in Dayton. The big thing for me is 7 wins vs schools in the field and the high end over a projected one seed is glorious.

I feel North Carolina State has the weakest profile of any of the teams in the field and could easily be passed up for ANY of my projected first 4 out. I do not think any of the next 6 out can get into the field.

Vanderbilt is coming with a rush. I made a post last night that i need to apologize for. I said that they needed to win the SEC tourney to get in. That was just wrong and reactionary and I should have known better. If Vandy wins today I will put them in the field. If they do not they still have a shot to get in but probably less than 50/50. They are 10-10 in Q1/2. 7 wins vs schools in the field including 2 high level Q1 wins over Tennessee and at Arkansas. The other 5 wins are Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Auburn and last 2 in Pitt. It is interesting their Q4 loss was to Grambling State who is the projected AQ from the SWAC and could actually move into Q3 today. 2 Q3 loss,, the Southern Miss one not all that bad and truly the only bad one was LSU which is their only loss in their last 11 games. SOS is a fine 22. Remember a late run by Texas A&M in this same SEC tourney was rejected in favor of a flimsy resume from Notre Dame. So let us test that.

Utah State is getting in because the metrics are great. 18 in the NET in the 5th rated conference. Yes only two wins in Q1 and in field vs Boise 2-4. But Q2 is 9-1 giving them 11-5 in Q1/2. Q3 they have a whopping 13 wins and the 24-5 mark in Q1/2/3 is why their NET is 18. Now they have 2 Q4 losses and their fans in bracketology seem to be ignoring them. I do not say I like having them in and in general think the Mountain West is overrated. Beating San Diego State probably moves them to the 9 line. Whether a full scrub can put them over RU or into the first four is yet to be determined.

Pittsburgh's saving grace might be a win over Northwestern and knocking off North Carolina State in their only meeting but as said above they also lost to Vanderbilt

Last edited:
ONE SEEDS
  • KANSAS*
  • ALABAMA*
  • HOUSTON*
  • PURDUE*

TWO SEEDS
  • UCLA*
  • TEXAS
  • BAYLOR
  • ARIZONA

THREE SEEDS
  • GONZAGA*
  • MARQUETTE*
  • KANSAS STATE
  • CONNECTICUT

FOUR SEEDS
  • TENNESSEE
  • XAVIER
  • INDIANA
  • VIRGINIA*

FIVE SEEDS
  • SAN DIEGO STATE*
  • IOWA STATE
  • DUKE
  • TCU

SIX SEEDS
  • MIAMI
  • TEXAS A & M
  • SAINT MARY'S
  • MISSOURI

7 SEEDS
  • KENTUCKY
  • NORTHWESTERN
  • CREIGHTON
  • MICHIGAN STATE

8 SEEDS
  • FLORIDA ATLANTIC*
  • IOWA
  • ARKANSAS
  • MARYLAND

9 SEEDS
  • ILLINOIS
  • MEMPHIS
  • WEST VIRGINIA
  • PENN STATE

10 SEEDS
  • USC
  • AUBURN
  • BOISE STATE
  • RUTGERS

11 SEEDS
  • UTAH STATE
  • MISSISSIPPI STATE
  • PROVIDENCE
  • ARIZONA STATE
  • PITTSBURGH
  • NORTH CAROLINA STATE

TWELVE SEEDS
  • (42) ORAL ROBERTS*
  • CHARLESTON*
  • VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH*
  • DRAKE*

THIRTEEN SEEDS
  • IONA*
  • TOLEDO*
  • YALE*
  • LOUISIANA*

FOURTEEN SEEDS
  • FURMAN*
  • SOUTHERN UTAH*
  • CAL-SANTA BARBARA
  • KENNESAW STATE*

FIFTEEN SEEDS
  • COLGATE*
  • MONTANA STATE*
  • VERMONT*
  • UNC ASHEVILLE*

SIXTEEN SEEDS
  • NORTHERN KENTUCKY*
  • GRAMBLING STATE*
  • TEXAS A & M CORPUS CHRISTI*
  • SOUTHESAST MISSOURI STATE*
  • HOWARD*
  • FDU*

LAST 4 BYES: MISSISSIPPI STATE, UTAH STATE, RUTGERS, BOISE STATE
LAST 4 IN: NORTH CAROLINA STATE, PITTSBURGH, ARIZONA STATE, PROVIDENCE

FIRST 4 OUT: NEVADA, VANDERBILT, OKLAHOMA STATE, CLEMSON
NEXT 6 OUT: WISCONSIN, NEW MEXICO, OREGON, NORTH CAROLINA, MICHIGAN, NORTH TEXAS

This is just how I see things today on 3/11 and 12:30 PM. The entire field and seeds will be scrubbed and alot of numbers crunching overnight and tomorrow morning that could change things

With Rutgers, I believe Rutgers is 90% locked in the field. I think its 60/40 that we avoid Dayton. Rutgers has a shot at 10 here but its tenuous for sure. Do not necessarily expect that. 11 might be more correct. Rutgers fans should sweat less than last year. Right now 101 of 105 brackets on the Matrix have RU in the field, although right now in Dayton (I assume you don't mean they all have us in Dayton) The big thing for me is 7 wins vs schools in the field and the high end over a projected one seed is glorious.

I feel North Carolina State has the weakest profile of any of the teams in the field and could easily be passed up for ANY of my projected last 4 out (I assume you mean first 4 out). I do not think any of the next 6 out can get into the field.

Vanderbilt is coming with a rush. I made a post last night that i need to apologize for. I said that they needed to win the SEC tourney to get in. That was just wrong and reactionary and I should have known better. If Vandy wins today I will put them in the field. If they do not they still have a shot to get in but probably less than 50/50. They are 10-10 in Q1/2. 7 wins vs schools in the field including 2 high level Q1 wins over Tennessee and at Arkansas. The other 5 wins are Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Auburn and last 2 in Pitt. It is interesting their Q4 loss was to Grambling State who is the projected AQ from the SWAC and could actually move into Q3 today. 2 Q3 loss,, the Southern Miss one not all that bad and truly the only bad one was LSU which is their only loss in their last 11 games. SOS is a fine 22. Remember a late run by Texas A&M in this same SEC tourney was rejected in favor of a flimsy resume from Notre Dame. So let us test that.

Utah State is getting in because the metrics are great. 18 in the NET in the 5th rated conference. Yes only two wins in Q1 and in field vs Boise 2-4. But Q2 is 9-1 giving them 11-5 in Q1/2. Q3 they have a whopping 13 wins and the 24-5 mark in Q1/2/3 is why their NET is 18. Now they have 2 Q4 losses and their fans in bracketology seem to be ignoring them. I do not say I like having them in and in general think the Mountain West is overrated. Beating San Diego State probably moves them to the 9 line. Whether a full scrub can put them over RU or into the first four is yet to be determined.

Pittsburgh's saving grace might be a win over Northwestern and knocking off North Carolina State in their only meeting but as said above they also lost to Vanderbilt
Highlighted what I think are a couple of typos in bold. Nice work, as usual - what are your thoughts on the chances of the last 4 in (the Dayton teams, NCS, Pitt, ASU, Prov) to pass us? As I've said, I agree we're in and not in Dayton.

Albany

3 UConn v 14 Vermont
6 St Mary’s v 11 Rutgers

Reward ….winner gets to go to the regionals in Madison square garden
Yeah, hope that UConn is a 3. The fact the Top 16 reveal didn't even feature them doesn't bode well though. Hopefully they made up enough ground

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Highlighted what I think are a couple of typos in bold. Nice work, as usual - what are your thoughts on the chances of the last 4 in (the Dayton teams, NCS, Pitt, ASU, Prov) to pass us? As I've said, I agree we're in and not in Dayton.
A bud stealer can put us in Dayton very easily. If Ohio state gets in, I think we are probably locked for Dayton

Good job here . You put a lot of work into this and well done

I think you got a Duke as a 5. I see them as a 5 too and don’t think we would get them . They’re dangerous

they could drop to 6....borderline right now matrix has them at 6. if they win tonight, I think a 5

Providence can easily be ahead of us as a 10. Three high end wins in Q1 but nothing else. Could go either way on that. I see us ahead of those other 3 although the committee might feel different.

again it all comes down to how they treat the 4 Q3 losses....and the supposed advantage from the osu loss

the matrix has us 3 team in...so that would be Dayton

Providence can easily be ahead of us as a 10. Three high end wins in Q1 but nothing else. Could go either way on that. I see us ahead of those other 3 although the committee might feel different.

again it all comes down to how they treat the 4 Q3 losses....and the supposed advantage from the osu loss
If we lost to Michigan , would we be out? That really felt like a play in

Ohio State playing very well and look they can beat anyone in the league….and they are doing this without Key and I think Sensabaugh (arguably their two best players). Purdue has been overrated all year. Their early wins vs. Duke, Gonzaga, etc. would be a different story now. Their excessive seeding will probably get them to the sweet 16 but that might be it.
And we beat them twice

I have 4 Big 10s in the 8/9s...that may not hold due to rules There is a provision where conference schools can meet in a 2nd round game but only if they have played once. Purdue played Iowa and Illinois only once so they could meet in a second round matchup. Happened a few years back with 2 Seed Michigan State and 10 seed Minnesota. Also one of the 9s could be adjusted downward a notch to 10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT