ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA ANALYSIS 2/14 UPDATE 2/19 ON PAGE 17

Good bracket BAC - very good point about the NET (that it will be where it should be if RU wins the games it needs to) and RU in general (not being in a position to back into the field). Either we play our way in - or we don’t.

The question mark scenerio would be a 18-12 regular season finish landing us in the double bye slot in the BIG tourney. Honestly not sure if we’d need to win that first game, but we probably couldn’t afford to lay a complete egg.
Is that possible?

Florida was down 11 when I looked last, now tied 45-45.

yeah but even if they get this and for now it would be Q1 win but could easily change, no one is going to consider this is a good win, they are going to need a helluva lot more but yeah i want them to lose

Reactions: kcg88
The bracket should just be 64 teams. 68 teams in a single elimination bracket doesn’t make sense to anyone except for those counting the ad revenue.
Objectively true, but as a Rutgers fan I appreciate it.

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg
You can just take away AQ status from some conference tourney winners. Let the best play.
You could expand to like 80 and have the actual bottom 32 play the first round and give 48 byes. But if you start giving that many at large bids your are going to have to either
(a) give bids to some power conference teams with pretty bad records
Or
(b) pass those up in favor of worse mid major teams with better records

both of which are kinda bad in my opinion

Texas tied with the ball, but OU will have a possession after.

Florida loses at Texas A&M. Both teams looked putrid everytime I switched over.

I bet Texas fouls on this last possession. They've been sloppy defensively all night.

Say what you want about the Big 12vbut they know to schedule in the OOC to build great NET numbers though having 4 less schools helps

Is that possible?
It seems possible since right now we have the tie breaker against Purdue Wisconsin OSU MSU... also Iowa Michigan... the top 7 other schools outside us and Illinois. Wild.

If we finish top 4 and get a double bye in the B1G, the committee is not going to leave us out. They would look foolish. It would also mean they would be taking as many as 4 or 5 teams below us. The optics would be terrible and it would be disrespectful to the B1G as a conference to have the 4th place double bye team omitted.

I know none of this conference stuff is in the criteria, but it's still human beings making the decisions, and Rutgers would have enough to point to on their resume and say they desevrve to be in legitimately. Just like there will be warts to point to if you don’t think they should be in. The unique resume will only naturally make people think of the bigger picture when trying to decide if they deserve to be in

Last edited:
Reactions: scarlet night
What is with the guy counting down the shotclock every possession in Norman? Almost as distracting as the trees painted on the court at Oregon.
Yeah, like... isn't there a student section to do that for the home team?

ADVERTISEMENT