ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA ANALYSIS 3/7......NEW UPDATE 3/12 1PM PAGE 37

FNv9lbWWQAkYXZ2
Sign me up. Whose bracket?

Based on how conference tourny season has gone I think where we stand is:

A committee with the full spectrum of selection ideologies spread throughout it would probably keep us out.

We need a committee biased to quantity of mid tier Q1 wins above all else.
Wrong again.

I hope you and Lunardi are right BAC but I’m not seeing how the committe would put us ahead of a 22-12 A&M (took out the D2 win) that won 10 games away from home and checks enough boxes with top quality wins. They will not be penalized for losing today. I see a 10 seed for them.

Hoping we can be ahead of ND, Wyoming, etc.

Saw someone say this and think it’s a fair judgement, either Rutgers was fairly safe before today or they were not in at all, so that game doesn’t necessarily mean our bubble has popped.

my response to that is when was the last 4th place team in the B1G who had 12 losses?

I think we are in a very unique situation here because we have had a season of polar opposites.
Nebraska was left out 1 year based on what I read on here BUT they didn’t have the same quality wins we have had

One team not discussed a lot on here with a similarly weird resume to ours is - Alabama.

They are in of course - but how the committee views them is relevant for where bubblers like Memphis and Davidson will be placed.

Maybe there could be a system like old Olympic judging where the best and worst individual scores were thrown out. Bottom line then, no individual win or loss gets you in or knocks you out in the rankings/evaluation.

Should not be punished for wtf losses in November and early December. That’s BS
We should be penalized 100%. Those games happened. However, I think our 8 wins against teams in the field should have us in. It’s bizarre that 4 shots determined our season though.

Lafayette guard hits a 3 for the win.
UMass guard hit 3 at buzzer.
Harper hits half court shot vs Purdue
Harper misses shot Vs Northwestern.

any of those 4 go a different way, we are either way in or way out.

We should be penalized 100%. Those games happened. However, I think our 8 wins against teams in the field should have us in. It’s bizarre that 4 shots determined our season though.

Lafayette guard hits a 3 for the win.
UMass guard hit 3 at buzzer.
Harper hits half court shot vs Purdue
Harper misses shot Vs Northwestern.

any of those 4 go a different way, we are either way in or way out.

We don't play like trash against Lafayette
We don't collapse and blow a 15 point lead in the final 9 minutes (and an 8 point lead in the final 5 min) @UMass
We don't play like trash for half the game @ Northwestern

We had a handful of cold spells throughout the season that put us in the position we are now.

Only problem I have with that is I’d flip us and Indiana based on the head to head win in the past two weeks.
That’ll be considered if we are next to Indiana in seeding. Worry is they built enough of a cushion against us that we wouldn’t be compared in a scrub

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT