ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS 2/25

Texas now a legit bubble after winning at Texas Tech. Not in yet, will probably need an additional Q1 win regular season or a trip to the finals of B12 tourney.

Texas Tech now is become more bubblicious,this loss will hurt their overall net become its a Q2 home loss. Here is their problem...at Baylor and Kansas still to come,if they lose both they almost certainly will be in serious trouble and assuredly somewhere on that last 8 in line

Good thing Texas with a 75NET a week ago is no threat.... Oh wait...

they still are not... just 2 quality wins vs 2 fading schools in the Big12. They will have to win at Oklahoma and at Oklahoma State to position themselves to get a bid. Are they a bubble team..yes? Are they a threat? no

they still are not... just 2 quality wins vs 2 fading schools in the Big12. They will have to win at Oklahoma and at Oklahoma State to position themselves to get a bid. Are they a bubble team..yes? Are they a threat? no

Not to mention if they win at Oklahoma, that might knock Oklahoma out.

NC State avoids the bad loss to defeat Pitt.

Providence wins at Nova. They are firmly now moving to a 10 seed knocking Stanford down to last 4 in line and knocking RU down from a 10 seed to an 11 seed

Not to mention if they win at Oklahoma, that might knock Oklahoma out.

correct..OK would be in trouble with a loss there, especially if they lose at WVU today.

, TT needs to worry because of their next 2. Its likely that these 3 schools may match up vs each other along with WVU in the Big12 tourney. TT losing to Baylor, Kansas, and say Texas in the Big 12 tourney might be enough to knock them out at 18-14

Last edited:
Texas is Q1 4-7 Q2 2-4, can't have losing record in both Q1 and Q2. No at-large team made it in the first year of NET with those stats.
55 Notre Dame shouldn't be bubble at Q1 1-6 Q2 2-3 1 Q1, 1 Q2, 1Q3 left
If you had a losing Q1, Q2 winning record was a must.
Last four in and 4 play-in teams had all losing record Q1, winning Q2 records.

Closest last year was Syracuse 20-13 Q1 3-9 Q2 3-2.
Rest were NIT, CIT, CBI teams.

We have a legit shot because we have a 4-1 Q2 record with Q1 3-9, 2 Q1 left. Any team with both losing records eliminate them.
Providence Q1 8-8 Q2 3-0, 2 Q3L 2 Q4L In

30 Stanford is Q1 3-5 Q2 3-3 3 Q1 left
37 Utah St Q1 2-4 Q2 2-2 1 Q3 left
3-5 Q1 win, losing record, .500 Q2 didn't see any, will change b4 selection.

41 Arkansas Q1 2-6 Q2 3-4 has 3 Q2 left, 2-1 otherwise out
51 Richmond Q1 3-4 Q2 1-2 has 2 Q2, 1Q3 3-0 otherwise out
56 Indiana 18-10 Q1 6-8 Q2 2-2, 1Q1, 2 Q2 left, they have to avoid 0-3.
Last year 17-15 Q1 6-9 Q2 3-6, no bad losses, NIT
75 UCLA Q1 5-6 Q2 3-3 2 Q1 left, UCLA and Stanford might be battling for a spot UCLA with the better resume right now.

Last edited:
Costly loss for Arky...not done yet but easily out

Duke loses to Virginia..2 seed gone for them...now they straddle 3/4

Virginia has now locked up a bid no question. 8 seed that could get to 7

41 Arkansas 18-11 is done, 13-0 Q3/4
Q1 2-6 Q2 3-5 2 Q2 left

Q1 wins @ 39 Alabama 15-13 (1 Q1 win), @ 56 Indiana 18-10 (6 Q1 wins). Next best win Q2s are @ 78 Ga Tech 13-14(2), vs 69 Tennessee 16-13(1) and @ 95 Ole Miss 14-15(1)

33 LSU(4) would become their best win even though it's Q2, has won 3 on the road against Tenn Tex and S.Carolina.

119 Texas A&M(10-6 Home) is a weak Q2 road game, has won @ Alabama and home Miss St. recently.

They aren't winning both and have no impressive wins other than they are 4-6 on the road. They would have to make a major run in SEC tourny.

Last edited:
ER_KBHlX0AAvtP4

USC not a lock but looking safer after completing two game sweep of Arizona schools. I think ASU better take care of business vs the Washington schools or else

Reactions: G- RUnit
Richmond has a weak resume(Q1 3-4), best win N Wisconsin, 2 more Q1 @ 40 URI, @ 74 Davidson about to be Q2, lost to vs Dayton, N Auburn, @alabama and @ VCU, and only Q2 win(1-2) vs 60 VCU, Q2 losses vs 67 St Louis, @ 113 SBA

I like Richmond over URI but the two will likely meet in A10 semis to settle things

How you...do me a favor. Shoot me a PM, reply here, or drop a note on the women's board to calarify. I actually looked but the crap out there didn't make it simple. Please do.

QUESTION: Is the Women's selection excactly like the men's or do they use a slightly different older school method? I thought they did and today I heard RPI discussed but not NET. Had a discuss with some Rutgers insiders that said it was the exact same. I didn't think so. What's the answer Swami? (thanks)

How you...do me a favor. Shoot me a PM, reply here, or drop a note on the women's board to calarify. I actually looked but the crap out there didn't make it simple. Please do.

QUESTION: Is the Women's selection excactly like the men's or do they use a slightly different older school method? I thought they did and today I heard RPI discussed but not NET. Had a discuss with some Rutgers insiders that said it was the exact same. I didn't think so. What's the answer Swami? (thanks)

They are still using rpi. I also think the selection committee for women cannot be trusted. Women need to beat Iowa. Their SOS isnt that good and light on quality wins

They are still using rpi. I also think the selection committee for women cannot be trusted. Women need to beat Iowa. Their SOS isnt that good and light on quality wins
Thanks, exactly what I thought but he was right about quality wins and today. Thanks. :ThumbsUp

New Mexico wins 66-64.

Utah State now moves to the last 2 in/first 2 out vicinity. Likely will need to reach Mountain West tourney finals to stay in.

I think UCLA is in as of today.

And actually technically become the projected Pac 12 auto bid winner

Last edited:
Close right now but for my bracket, its between Xavier and Rutgers for who gets moved from last bye to first team on first four games line

USC not a lock but looking safer after completing two game sweep of Arizona schools. I think ASU better take care of business vs the Washington schools or else

Wow ! Your not kidding just looked at ASU out of conference. They beat absolutely nobody. Guess their best win would be St John's.

With USC and UCLA rising, the ASU profile looking less impressive..still have some cushion

the Pac 12 is not impressive, but 3 schools safely in with Oregon, Colorado, and Arizona. USC, UCLA, ASU, and Stanford are all on various degrees of bubble watch depending on how it shakes out. I'd suspect 2 of them get in but hard to see all 4 getting in.

UCLA plays USC next weekend

Stanford goes to Oregon State and Oregon. Best case is a split...

Washington and WSU go to the Arizona schools, ASU will be heavily favored in both games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT