ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS 3/10

Harvard is 21-8 and beat Yale twice.
West Coast Conference getting three teams in and six teams with 20 + wins.
Underrated.

One more thought, I think we are higher seeded. I don't think our road record hurts us very much.

Turn on West Coast final and educate yourself.

I didn't.. but I already knew that Gonzaga was good anyway. And you'll get no argument from me about Saint Mary's being a tournament team.

San Francisco? Not so much.

NC State with a big one today. If they lose to Pitt they're really in trouble. If they beat Pitt then lose to Duke they're sweating it out. If they beat Pitt and beat Duke they're safely in.

Same thing for Xavier with DePaul, and Xavier will be playing without Paul Scruggs. They could still get in with a loss but they'd need to root hard against NC State, Texas, UCLA, Stanford, and Mississippi State.

Stanford is Last Four In right now and can't afford a loss to Cal.

Indiana absolutely, positively cannot lose to Nebraska and make the tournament... but they'll be favored by 15.

Arkansas is probably dead anyway even with a run to the SEC title game but they're playing Vanderbilt today if you want to keep an eye on that.

Arizona is safe even with a loss to Washington.

NC State with a big one today. If they lose to Pitt they're really in trouble. If they beat Pitt then lose to Duke they're sweating it out. If they beat Pitt and beat Duke they're safely in.

Same thing for Xavier with DePaul, and Xavier will be playing without Paul Scruggs. They could still get in with a loss but they'd need to root hard against NC State, Texas, UCLA, Stanford, and Mississippi State.

Stanford is Last Four In right now and can't afford a loss to Cal.

Indiana absolutely, positively cannot lose to Nebraska and make the tournament... but they'll be favored by 15.

Arkansas is probably dead anyway even with a run to the SEC title game but they're playing Vanderbilt today if you want to keep an eye on that.

Arizona is safe even with a loss to Washington.

agree with everything. I do not like NC State's profile at all even as I have them as last team in, would like to see them go down today and even with a win still need to beat Duke tomorrow.

Reactions: kcg88
chatter about the possiblity that schools will be kept closer to home, if this is true that sort of screws up seeding projections a bit and possibly gives disadvantages to some higher seeded schools. RU of course would benefit by being sent to Albany. We shall see what happens.

chatter about the possiblity that schools will be kept closer to home, if this is true that sort of screws up seeding projections a bit and possibly gives disadvantages to some higher seeded schools. RU of course would benefit by being sent to Albany. We shall see what happens.

I really feel like things are looking up for the odds of playing in Albany. Who else are they going to send there if geography plays in? Providence is the only other team in the area and SHU and Nova play in their conference.

The only hope for the tournament would be for NBA to announce a 7 day or 14 day suspension period. Kind of like the businesses are doing when there is an incident reported. I don’t think the NBA will shut down for the season. That’s not what the articles actually say though some of the headlines spin it that way.

even still, they’d probably have to postpone a few weeks to organize and get all the players tested . There’s too much liability for the NCAA if anyone gets sick. They’d have to be so careful. I don’t think they are playing the tourney without screening all the players.

Colorado also lost again..this time to awful Washington State. I believe 5 straight losses. Still in field but look headed to 8/9 game now and the overall of this mediocre conference taking a big hit

LAST 4 BYES: OKLAHOMA, INDIANA, TEXAS TECH, ARIZONA STATE

LAST 4 IN: XAVIER, RICHMOND, UCLA, NORTH CAROLINA STATE

FIRST 4 OUT: TEXAS, WICHITA STATE, NORTHERN IOWA, STANFORD

NEXT 4 OUT: ARKANSAS, PURDUE, MISSISSIPPI STATE, MEMPHIS

if there is some sort of tourney or selection show, the tournament results from last night will be wiped away. Meaning that Stanford and Xavier's damaging losses will not be considered on their team sheet

if there is some sort of tourney or selection show, the tournament results from last night will be wiped away. Meaning that Stanford and Xavier's damaging losses will not be considered on their team sheet
Seriously? So the games never happened? They should be treated like any other game.

Seriously? So the games never happened? They should be treated like any other game.

you cannot count those games if the tourneys went one day and it didnt get finished. Not fair to all schools involved especially on the bubble...what if Richmond lost in the A10 quarters, how is it fair to Xavier and Stanford that they played a game and Richmond didnt

As good as you are with the brackets both were by no means definite.

I think any games that were finished should count but I expect this all to be moot.

IF they end up postponing the NCAA tournament instead of cancelling it, they should give a week for conferences to finish their tournaments if they so choose.

Actually saw the other thread. If they do go ahead with selection sunday and THEN postpone the tournament, I think the completed games should count.

I think it's basically unfair either way, but you might as well use all the information on teams that you have. It was an official game.

It's also unfair to just gift the autobids to the regular season winners but we are going to see that as well, assuming a field is selected.

Also, I think the logic that would allow you to ignore these games would also obligate you to ignore the conference tournaments that have already been completed. If it is unfair to count some games when others are cancelled, then it is unfair to count some tournaments when other are cancelled. Options imo are (a) roll everything back to the end of the regular season or (b) just count everything that actually happened.

I favor (b). Obviously it sucks either way.

OR!

When they have the tournament in two months, have an opening round that just finishes the current conference tournaments, THEN select who gets to the next round (i.e. the real tournament) and then continue from there. I know this won't happen :(

I think it's basically unfair either way, but you might as well use all the information on teams that you have. It was an official game.

It's also unfair to just gift the autobids to the regular season winners but we are going to see that as well, assuming a field is selected.

Also, I think the logic that would allow you to ignore these games would also obligate you to ignore the conference tournaments that have already been completed. If it is unfair to count some games when others are cancelled, then it is unfair to count some tournaments when other are cancelled. Options imo are (a) roll everything back to the end of the regular season or (b) just count everything that actually happened.

I favor (b). Obviously it sucks either way.

Well those tourneys finished and they are one bid leagues..the only quibbke of note is Northern Iowa who by the way are moving closer to being in

The annoying caveat is that we’ll never know for sure there wouldn’t have been any bid stealers. Hopefully if they do the bracket RU be at least a 10 seed so we could say with confidence that even if a few teams like Syracuse stole bids we still would’ve made it in.

Indiana yes

If they had lost to Nebraska with two football players absolutely not.

All bittersweet now as we finally “made it.”

Outstanding job per usual and look forward to your brackets next year. I think we will pressure you to start 11/15 if not sooner when the pre-season magazines come out.
Gonna miss it!

ADVERTISEMENT