ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA TOURNAMENT ANALYSIS 3/3/2020

I see we’ve dropped a spot in that clown Palm’s bracket. We were one spot behind Cincy in the first four out yesterday. Now we are also behind Cincy and Wichita and the third team out.

Reactions: shields
I see we’ve dropped a spot in that clown Palm’s bracket. We were one spot behind Cincy in the first four out yesterday. Now we are also behind Cincy and Wichita and the third team out.

yes because he finally put Tulsa in the field as the AAC projected tourney winner and removed Wichita State

Reactions: Mr Magoo
The last 3 days have been great for RU....

generally yes....the only thing we didnt get last night was Utah State..thats a biggie, I do not see Wyoming pulling the miracle again tonight but we can hope. It does not really help their metrics probably hits them a bit even in a win. I favor the A10 and AAC getting a bid over a 2nd MWC but the committee can say otherwise.

Hoping to get one of NC State/Richmond off the bubble tonight.

there is a decent chance that even with a win tonight, NC State gets seeded 7th or 8th in the ACC tourney....they could get as high as 5th. If they are 7th/8th that means they have to take a ACC titan down of course if they get through their first round game.

I have thought Utah State would make it in as a 12 seed....we are competing against more established teams for spots and seeding IMO....wait until some of these Pac 12 teams start falling off the cliff....

USC win over UCLA will knock the Bruins down toward last in/last out. The interesting thing is Stanford..they play at Oregon this weekend and may end up playing Oregon or UCLA in the Pac 12 quarters....if its the latter its winner in/loser out...there is likely a similar scenerio taking place in the Big 12. Need Kansas to stick to their task at Texas Tech and it makes 3 Big 12 schools fighting for 2 spots

He’s going to die on that hill

Reactions: Scangg
I would have Northern Iowa as the last team in if the season ended right now, but I don't expect it to stay that way.

How could you justify them over Richmond or Wichita? Just trying to pick your brain over this

To be fair I haven't thought that hard about it today.

But I would have Wichita in as well. Richmond, eh, their schedules aren't that different and UNI has a better record obviously.

Only 2 Q1 games but both are Q1-A and @Colorado is a very solid win. 4-3 Q1/2 vs. 4-6.

Obviously the downside being the 3 Q3 losses.

Also I've got 2 extra spots because I'm using highest ranked team for the autobid. So I don't have Tulsa or UCLA in my bracket.

Boise up early. How ironic, if Boise and Utah State both win, we will all be big Utah State fans tomorrow.

SDSU stinks. Man would i love to get in their region

If sd state loses think we have to root for Utah state , so they don’t get possibly get 3 teams in

Well no upset. SDSU will struggle against a team that can play defense and has a good big man.

Northern Iowa in done dropped from 36 to 47, and only 1 Q1 win although impressive @Colorado, won't be enough. 55 NC St 19-12 with a win last night is in the first four now, Q1 4-5, vs Duke, Vs. Wisc, @ Virginia, @Syracuse, Q2 4-5, as long as they win 1 ACC tournament game. With Georgia Tech playing better winning 8 of 11 with a strong SOS, GT is helping ACC getting 5 in now. Virginia's seed has been shooting way up, winning 11 of 12.

a bit of reshuffling after 3 bubbles in action and reevaluating their profiles. Richmond moves into the field and NC State moves out. Utah State moves to last team out. Northern Iowa now out of the field as the MVC autobid winner and Bradley now projected in as a 14 seed

8: MARQUETTE, PROVIDENCE, FLORIDA, LSU

9: HOUSTON, SAINT MARY'S, RUTGERS, INDIANA

10: USC, EAST TENNESSEE STATE, TEXAS TECH, XAVIER

11: OKLAHOMA, ARIZONA STATE, UCLA/TEXAS, STANFORD/RICHMOND

12: TULSA, STEPHEN F AUSTIN, LIBERTY, VERMONT

FIRST 4 BYES: TEXAS TECH, XAVIER, OKLAHOMA, ARIZONA STATE

LAST 4 IN: RICHMOND, STANFORD, TEXAS, UCLA

FIRST 4 OUT: UTAH STATE, NORTH CAROLINA STATE, PURDUE, CINCINNATI

NEXT 4 OUT: ARKANSAS, WICHITA STATE, MEMPHIS, NORTHERN IOWA

THE REST: TENNESSEE, SOUTH CAROLINA, MISSISSIPPI STATE, RHODE ISLAND, CONNECTICUT

a bit of reshuffling after 3 bubbles in action and reevaluating their profiles. Richmond moves into the field and NC State moves out. Utah State moves to last team out. Northern Iowa now out of the field as the MVC autobid winner and Bradley now projected in as a 14 seed

8: MARQUETTE, PROVIDENCE, FLORIDA, LSU

9: HOUSTON, SAINT MARY'S, RUTGERS, INDIANA

10: USC, EAST TENNESSEE STATE, TEXAS TECH, XAVIER

11: OKLAHOMA, ARIZONA STATE, UCLA/TEXAS, STANFORD/RICHMOND

12: TULSA, STEPHEN F AUSTIN, LIBERTY, VERMONT

FIRST 4 BYES: TEXAS TECH, XAVIER, OKLAHOMA, ARIZONA STATE

LAST 4 IN: RICHMOND, STANFORD, TEXAS, UCLA

FIRST 4 OUT: UTAH STATE, NORTH CAROLINA STATE, PURDUE, CINCINNATI

NEXT 4 OUT: ARKANSAS, WICHITA STATE, MEMPHIS, NORTHERN IOWA

THE REST: TENNESSEE, SOUTH CAROLINA, MISSISSIPPI STATE, RHODE ISLAND, CONNECTICUT
Great discussion on BIg 10 radio with host Matt Schick having Joe Lunardi on. He played him a clip of his question to Joe about 10 days ago when we had At Penn State , Maryland, and at Purdue left and what they needed to do to be safely in and Joe said win 1of 3 . He asked him now that they beat Maryland is that his opinion. He said yes. They have a ton of great wins and although the road record is one issue , common sense has to take over and not just look at history . He then played him a tape of Palm saying Rutgers not only had to win at Purdue but 2 Big 10 games in the tourney. Joe said history is one thing but there never was a sub 500 conference record in and that happened, so new scenarios happen all the time . Then Joe said in this year’s Big 10 , 10-10 or 11-9 has to trump all other issues in priorities. He also said Palm is wrong about analyzing the road record as they have played well on the road and a bunch of close losses , including the one at Penn State. If Dread’s shot doesn’t go in, they win and to decide a team’s fate on such a random shot doesn’t make common sense . He said there always can be multiple bid stealers but Rutgers will be a 10 or at worst an 11 seed.

That is a reasonable approach that any member of the committee doing their job, will find overwhelming. Feel good about our position now I would like to make a run in the Big 10 tourney to continue this really fun season before we Dance.

recap thus far

Rutgers 71 Purdue 68 OT...nuff said...Rutgers moves to lock. Purdue moves to season done

Auburn 85 Tennessee 63.....Vols are done

USC 54 UCLA 52...USC would appear to be a lock now, UCLA in serious trouble will need one or possible two wins in the Pac 12 tourney

Vanderbilt 83 South Carolina 74.....South Carolina done

LSU 94 Georgia 64....LSU absolute lock

Kentucky 71 Florida 70...tough loss for Florida but realistically they are basically a lock

Kansas 66 Texas Tech 62...Red Raiders absolutely need a win in the Big 12 tourney

They never were in the first 4 despite any prognostication from bracketologists. Their lowest seed was 11 seed non first four before Maryland win. Purdue win we are solid 8 seed maybe even seven with a few of the losses today, top 30 NET and Ken Pom.

If we can get into and stay in the top 30, we also give another home Q1 win to several teams in the conference. That could help all boats rise.

Did we drop even more after today ...

Bac, if we lose first round B1G what seed do you think we end up with compared to if we win?

Preferably want to avoid the 8/9 seed personally

Reactions: ILikePike
wow Texas gets clobbered at home by Oklahoma State 81-59.....may knock them out of the field but will likely need 2 Big 12 tourney wins to feel any safety.

Arkansas trailing Texas A&M 65-60 with less than 4 to go, a loss here would send the Razorbacks to flickering status

Bac, if we lose first round B1G what seed do you think we end up with compared to if we win?

Preferably want to avoid the 8/9 seed personally

have not done a deep dig taking into consideration todays results yet but I think we are a 9 right now....at worst a 10 if they penalize for road mark....I would think at worst we are 11 but above first 4

if we beat Michigan, I think straddling the 8/9, if we win vs the top seed in the Big 10, then we open it up for a 8, 7 if we reach finals

ADVERTISEMENT