ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Baker/Young on NBA Draft early entree list

G-League announced 40 prospects for their pre-combine camp.
A select few who perform well will be invited to the full Draft Combine afterwards.

Neither Geo, Young or Harper invited.
Would assume this is the final nail for Geo. Harper maybe has a shot at a real Combine invite.

Some interesting names here:
McClung, Marcus Carr, Dickinson, Cockburn, Liddell, Eugene

Both will be back back. I dont thnk Ron will get the actual combine nod. Surprised he wasnt on this list actually.

Reactions: RutgHoops
If you’re not in either you are taking a blind leap.

I think we will see both back in scarlet this upcoming year

Counted approx 70, plus the 40 invited to the G League Elite Camp makes 110 total draft prospects for 60 total draft slots.

This pretty much guarantees both Baker and Harper withdraw their names.

They are both no where near NBA talent as of today. I hope they get there, but that remains to be seen. J. Young is much closer. Nothing wrong with honing your skills with another year in New Brunswick and Big 10 basketball.

No inside information at all but Geo’s latest posts on the NIL sound to me like maybe he’s leaning towards not coming back. I’ve been expecting him back all along but he’s referenced the NIL as if he won’t be a part of it “can’t wait to see what ideas athletes come up with”.

No inside information at all but Geo’s latest posts on the NIL sound to me like maybe he’s leaning towards not coming back. I’ve been expecting him back all along but he’s referenced the NIL as if he won’t be a part of it “can’t wait to see what ideas athletes come up with”.

As a counterpoint, with the offset to 2025, he definitely wouldn't be part of it. I doubt a revised bill would be immediately effective, either, for players this year. Also, it's easier to argue from a position of "this is the right thing to do" when you yourself aren't going to benefit from it.

Time will tell what his decision will be.

As a counterpoint, with the offset to 2025, he definitely wouldn't be part of it. I doubt a revised bill would be immediately effective, either, for players this year. Also, it's easier to argue from a position of "this is the right thing to do" when you yourself aren't going to benefit from it.

Time will tell what his decision will be.

Maybe I’m reading into it but the post sounds third person vs. other NIL posts that have been first. I think it’s in his best interest to return for a wide host of reasons and it would honestly be head scratching for him to have dragged on this long to go pro without hiring an agent.

ADVERTISEMENT