ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball loses 6-3 to St. Peter's.

knights1212

Heisman Winner
Sep 9, 2003
RU Baseball lost today 6-3 to St. Peter's.This is really hard to believe. St. Peter's was 0-11 before the came losing 3 times to the Citadel. The only major team they lost to was Georgia Tech. These are the games we should be winning if we want to reach .500. This is an embarrassment. I am sure Coach Owens is really shocked and upset. The mid week games we have really struggled with the last few years. They count on the record as well. I am glad i didn't attend today as I would have been really upset.

We should not lose to St Peter’s in anything ... eve

Its baseball anyone can beat anyone. Still no we should not be losing to them and cannot afford loses like this if we are going to have a winning record. I cant dismiss the equipment issue having some impact. Our bullpen is a concern. And belissimo should be considered being replaced if he cant get better than that., Also seems they are going super conservative pitch counts. Starters have to go longer.

We are just not going to be very good this year. It is what it is. Owens needs a couple years to put a team together.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
We should not lose to St Peter’s in anything ... eve
Years ago St. Peter’s had some seriously good men’s basketball teams. One of their great players, Elnardo Webster, had a son who was a heck of a football player here at Rutgers.
If I’m not mistaken, St. Peter’s men’s hoops beat us the last two times we played (2014, 2012), not too long ago.

Last edited:
When our men's hoops team went to the Sweet Sixteen in 1979, we lost to St Peter's during the regular season. The Peacocks leading scorer in that game was some guy named Kevin Bannon

What does 2014 or better yet 2012 Basketball have to do with baseball... if you said St.John’s I could see Rutgers losing but St.Peters U ...nope not gonna fly.

Losing to St. Peter's which is now 1-12 is way beyond embarrassing.Here are their scores.

Georgia Tech L 6-0
Kennesaw St. L 15-7
Georgia State L9-7
FDU L13-1
Murray State L12-0, L 10-3, L 13-3
Citadel L 14-7, L 13-0, L 9-0
Rutgers W 6-3
LIU L 6-0

They have given up 123 runs in 13 games and only scored 34. That loss should have NEVER happened. It is unimaginable.

What does 2014 or better yet 2012 Basketball have to do with baseball... if you said St.John’s I could see Rutgers losing but St.Peters U ...nope not gonna fly.
I was responding to ...
“We should not lose to St Peter’s in anything ... ever”.
St. Peter’s, if you ask Shaheen Holloway, still competes in hoops.

Losing to St. Peter's which is now 1-12 is way beyond embarrassing.Here are their scores.

Georgia Tech L 6-0
Kennesaw St. L 15-7
Georgia State L9-7
FDU L13-1
Murray State L12-0, L 10-3, L 13-3
Citadel L 14-7, L 13-0, L 9-0
Rutgers W 6-3
LIU L 6-0

They have given up 123 runs in 13 games and only scored 34. That loss should have NEVER happened. It is unimaginable.
Your are right, it shouldn't happen. But to quote a famous broadcaster "that's baseball Susan".

ADVERTISEMENT