ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Attendance Rankings

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
No surprise here, except for Nebraska.

http://www.btpowerhouse.com/2016/6/...all-attendance-numbers-rankings-big-ten-first

In addition to Maryland, the Big Ten placed six other teams in the top 25: Wisconsin at sixth (17,287); Indiana at seventh (17,106); Nebraska at eleventh (15,429); Michigan State at thirteenth (14,797); Iowa at nineteenth (13,835); Purdue at twentieth (13,662).

Perhaps Nebraska is the biggest surprise on the list; the Cornhuskers finished eleventh in the Big Ten win-loss standings, but fourth in attendance. Although, Tim Miles does have the campus energized about the basketball program and its promising future. (Just watch this Tim Miles clip to get a glimpse of his personality and allure.) It also helps that Nebraska built a new arena that is quite the sight, with the new arena quickly becoming a fan favorite.
The NCAA only listed the top 100 Division I programs in attendance and only one program failed to make the top-100 (I'll give you one guess). Illinois (27th), Ohio State (28th), Michigan (33rd), Minnesota (38th), Northwestern (72nd) and Penn State (73rd) all made the top 100 in home attendance and you probably guessed it, but Rutgers didn't crack the list. In case you're curious, the Scarlet Knights averaged 4,653 fans over their 18 home games, by far the worst attendance in the conference.

Can you imagine how low we would be if Rutgers reported the actual average attendance number instead of this fictitious one?

Attendance for RU's terrible basketball product has been understandably awful. But, even if we become competitive and sell out the RAC on a regular basis, with a capacity of only 8,000 we will likely always be dead last in attendance in conference.

If we ever put together a season where we were .500 in league and got near the bubble we'd sell out most games the next year. I'm confident of that. It's just been so damn long.
There are approximately 9 million people in NJ and Rutgers mens basketball can't fill a 8 thousand seat arena.Twenty five years of futility will destroy a fan base along with non interest from prior athletic directors.Its about time for meaningful change in facility upgrades ,recruiting and marketing .

Reactions: Local Shill
Attendance for RU's terrible basketball product has been understandably awful. But, even if we become competitive and sell out the RAC on a regular basis, with a capacity of only 8,000 we will likely always be dead last in attendance in conference.
But they will sound like 16,000.[devil]

I believe that the B1G has led basketball attendance for 40 consecutive years now. Not too shabby for a conference with a football rep.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT