ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Basketball on Nov. 25

It seems we can only have between 5 and 7 OOC games. I assume we will play Baylor in Orlando and SHU at the PRU Center. If we don't play our RU Tourney with Miami (Ohio), Holy Cross and Central Connecticut we might only get 5 OOC games. I wonder if there will be no Gavitt game or BIG-ACC Challenge this season. We shall know soon.

Yep in theory this no-fan deal hurts us the most out of anyone in the country (since we had the most home-wins in literally all of the NCAA last year). So of course this would happen. Rutgers breaks the NCAA tourney streak: Tournament Cancelled !!. Rutgers literally #1 in home wins/home court advantage, so next year: no fans allowed !! Wouldn’t expect anything else

As much as I love our '20-21 roster, one would think the possibility of playing to a relatively empty RAC would have to negate our huge home court advantage this season.
I said this in another thread but I don’t think it will be as neutralized as you think as this team is focused and much more experienced overall with great leadership (Geo) who are driven. This could counteract the empty gym. Also don’t forget that our opponents will have the same disadvantage against us at home so we will win some away games that we may not have. My guess is it’s neutral.

This is going to be a weird season.
Don’t care what anyone says OOC games matter. You learn a lot about a conference. Fortunately for the B1G, we have a reputation of being a tough league. But hypothetically what if our teams don’t perform well in their 5-7 ooc games. Not really nervous, but you have limited opportunities to make your resume look good. Better get it done.

Yep in theory this no-fan deal hurts us the most out of anyone in the country (since we had the most home-wins in literally all of the NCAA last year). So of course this would happen. Rutgers breaks the NCAA tourney streak: Tournament Cancelled !!. Rutgers literally #1 in home wins/home court advantage, so next year: no fans allowed !! Wouldn’t expect anything else

Yes, it sucks, but it’s also time to get tough and win some road games. Remember, they won’t have visiting fans on top of them in road games either and now they are a more veteran team, it should work to our advantage. It will be less about feeding off a home crowd and more about guts and maturity this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: ILikePike
As much as I love our '20-21 roster, one would think the possibility of playing to a relatively empty RAC would have to negate our huge home court advantage this season.
Craig Littlepage era crowds.

I'm getting the sense that this year's team would play in an empty parking lot with the other team and still kick some major a$$.. It's been a long time since I've seen such a hungry bunch of Knights!

I pity our opponents.

I can see all big ten teams opting for the max 7 non conf games. Also, the Big Ten ACC challenge and Gavitt games go on bc of TV revenue deals and interest. If so, I think RU will be looking at a non conf schedule of Baylor, SHU, Syracuse, St. John’s, and 3 NJ Locals, say NJIT, FDU, and Monmouth.

Losing the potentially ranked number 1 Baylor at MSG game hurts the most, that was going to be so fun.

I agree but IMO most non conference games this season will be bus ride opponents for most Power 5 schools.

ADVERTISEMENT