ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball this weekend

RU72

All American
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
By all accounts Kur Teng and Gavin had great visits. There was a kid in from California but I didn't get his name

Rutgers is in very tight with Tyler Betsey, definitely a finalist

I don't feel it on Kante,but Rutgers is still in it

Simpson has really impressed in practice to date and will see a lot of time

I have no true handle on who plays back-up at the 5

It would appear that in 2023-2024 construction will be taking place and Rutgers could well be at a combo of Prudential and Trenton,with Jadwin a possibility as well,but nothing definitive has been decided.

Caleb is far improved offensively

Inroads in the New England Preps continue unabated.

By all accounts Kur Teng and Gavin had great visits. There was a kid in from California but I didn't get his name

It would appear that in 2023-2024 construction will be taking place and Rutgers could well be at a combo of Prudential and Trenton,with Jadwin a possibility as well,but nothing definitive has been decided.

Thank you for the info!

I am absolutely shocked that Pike and Hobbs are willing to play an entire season away from Jersey Mike’s and give up our humongous home court advantage. With planning, it is entirely possible to do this kind of renovation/construction AND play home games at Jersey Mike’s. Other teams (Indiana) have done this.

Richard, Do you have any idea why this is not being considered?

Last edited:

Any chance the kid from California was tall? They recently offered Juslin Bodo out of SoCal Academy, who is a C.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
They're going to ruin the RAC aren't they. Also would be incredibly dumb to have a whole season away from it.

My guess is they nail this. From a distance away admittedly, it appears like Rutgers has done a fine job with major projects. Rodkin Center, the Business School, the Yard, the Honors College, the Chem Building, the Hoops Practice faculty, etc.

My guess is they nail this. From a distance away admittedly, it appears like Rutgers has done a fine job with major projects. Rodkin Center, the Business School, the Yard, the Honors College, the Chem Building, the Hoops Practice faculty, etc.
Worried they're going to kill the noise factor by expanding.

Not sure I understand. Dylan is 2024. If renovation is 23-24, Dylan and classmates would get to play in updated arena as freshmen.
Mulcahy may not to want to play a fifth season under this arrangement. Then again he may not want to anyway.

I’m going to guess this is Paul’s last season and very likely Cliff too if things go well. Might be the best year to play away from the RAC would be next season.

Instead of celebrating the fact that the RAC is finally getting some major renovations we’re handwringing about having to play one year away from home.
True, but it still sucks for those who go to the games and contribute to our home court advantage. It will definitely be more difficult to make the weekday games. I hope they have exhausted all other options before deciding on this.

Instead of celebrating the fact that the RAC is finally getting some major renovations we’re handwringing about having to play one year away from home.
It might mean 2 steps backward for a program finally headed in the right direction.

not that it means anything……I am going on record to say this is a colossal mistake.

we lose Cliff (probably) and Paul and may need portal. Who is coming here to play in Jadwin gym.

Last edited:

They should play a game or two at the Garden and the Barclay’s Center.

For some reason, I thought CURE Arena in Trenton was smaller. Its website says it can seat up to 9,000 for basketball, so it makes sense. Not too convenient for me, but I can't look at it selfishly.

It might mean 2 steps backward for a program finally headed in the right direction.

not that it means anything……I am going on record to say this is a colossal mistake.

we lose Cliff (probably) and Paul and may need portal. Who is coming here to play in Jaden gym.

Recruits also like shiny things so when the renderings/plans are released that will help with 24 recruiting and beyond.

No Barclays or UBS. Why don't we just go on the road all year like the Globetrotters?
When people complain that NYC doesn’t support the program, and you have a chance to do something about it by bringing a couple of games to NYC fans and don’t bother to do it, then people shouldn’t complain about the lack of support or lack of funds coming into the program from people who have the money to make a difference.

When people complain that NYC doesn’t support the program, and you have a chance to do something about it by bringing a couple of games to NYC fans and don’t bother to do it, then people shouldn’t complain about the lack of support or lack of funds coming into the program from people who have the money to make a difference.
MSG would be the choice in NYC by far. Have no issue with MSG and it's easier to get to for most.

I’m going to guess this is Paul’s last season and very likely Cliff too if things go well. Might be the best year to play away from the RAC would be next season.
Why would this be Paul's last year? If he wants to to try to play professionally he could use more development.

ADVERTISEMENT