ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball this weekend

He’s a 4th year who has already graduated and going to class for a graduate degree.
Yes, I believe I read that before but I would imagine he'd want to play another year to give himself a chance to make some money playing overseas. I may be wrong.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if Paul comes back for a 5th year. Like Geo, he seems like a Rutgers guy through and through and knows how to use this platform to gain exposure. Like MacConnell, I'm thinking he can get an NIL deal that is equal to, if not greater than, what he would get in Italy, Greece, etc.. Also, while Cliff oozes potential, I think some are really jumping the gun with him leaving after this season. I don't see him on any mock draft.

• Love
Reactions: MiloTalon13
I would not be surprised in the slightest if Paul comes back for a 5th year. Like Geo, he seems like a Rutgers guy through and through and knows how to use this platform to gain exposure. Like MacConnell, I'm thinking he can get an NIL deal that is equal to, if not greater than, what he would get in Italy, Greece, etc.. Also, while Cliff oozes potential, I think some are really jumping the gun with him leaving after this season. I don't see him on any mock draft.
I love love love Cliff, butt almost every player in the NBA has his athletic ability. He needs skill development so I thin 4 years at RU probably makes sense for him.

He is supposedly graduating early but he could come back for a post grad.

The draft boards now are based on the Cliff we have seen already not the Cliff we are going to see this year. If he starts taking and making 3's, he becomes much more attractive to the NBA

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Next year with the construction will be a big time challenge- for wins and for recruiting.
As I have communicated previously, I want nothing to do with Prudential Center and I hope scheduling becomes non practical given Devils and Seton Halls schedules
At least in Trenton, there are minimal scheduling conflicts and parking is easy. I’d also prefer
team to have 1 arena as it’s “home” for next year -not a rotation.
Having some marquis games at
MSG would be nice but I don’t see that happening given more scheduling conflicts with Rangers / Knicks / St John’s and other events.
Regardless it’s an “ugh” for 23/24.

Reactions: bac2therac
Anyone not in favor of upgrading the RAC because of an inconvenience for 1 season is crazy. Theres really no way around it. The prudential center makes the most sense and if there are conflicts, mix in MSG and Barclays. You can play non conference in jadwin as well.

Anyone seen an artist rendering of what the upgrade is supposed to look like on the outside and inside?

Perhaps we should hear what the plan is before the panic and ticket cancellations start?
I think you can read between the lines with some of the posts in this thread. I’m speculating that negotiations are taking place but Pru Center is twisting RU’s balls, so it’s looking more like Trenton.

I think you can read between the lines with some of the posts in this thread. I’m speculating that negotiations are taking place but Pru Center is twisting RU’s balls, so it’s looking more like Trenton.
I agree and I think that's the better outcome overall. At least for me since I'm like 20 minutes away. 👍

I agree and I think that's the better outcome overall. At least for me since I'm like 20 minutes away. 👍
Not great for me, but it’s good for many and I will do my best to make it work. Hopefully they can compromise on a combo between both venues. I think that would be best for most fans as the bulk of our season ticket base probably stretches from Monmouth to Bergen.

Anyone not in favor of upgrading the RAC because of an inconvenience for 1 season is crazy. Theres really no way around it. The prudential center makes the most sense and if there are conflicts, mix in MSG and Barclays. You can play non conference in jadwin as well.
Barclays is a beyond ridiculous thought. A brutal unpleasant journey from nearly all of New Jersey.

We'll see if the Big Ten-ACC challenge gets extended but if it does maybe Rutgers could request a road game for the 2023 edition.

But there is a way around doing the renovation AND playing our games at Jersey Mike’s. It has been done NUMEROUS times.

"If he starts taking and making 3's, he becomes much more attractive to the NBA"
Every year there are MANY players that this can be said about. I hope Cliff does this but why would he be different from all the other guys. If it was easy, a lot more guys would be doing it.

Brooklyn has 2.6 million people, including lots of basketball fans and Rutgers grads. It also has easy access from Manhattan. playing one game there would be a positive for the program.

Bro nobody from NJ is traveling to Brooklyn to watch Rutgers basketball, outside of maybe 1 premier game.

Also the Brooklyn locals aren’t gonna be lining up to watch us play lol.

Closing the RAC for a full season would suck and could really jeopardize the programs momentum.

Playing all games Newark or Trenton would make it a lot harder for a good amount fans to attend, especially on weeknights. If they really don’t play a season at the RAC they better find a way to split between these two locations otherwise there are gonna be a lot of pissed off season ticket holders.

I live in Hoboken and havent ever been to brooklyn. The goal should be to play games on campus. Playing a game or two in brooklyn isnt all of a sudden gonna make brooklyn people like RU imo
Expand your horizons and see the world, you might learn something.

"If he starts taking and making 3's, he becomes much more attractive to the NBA"
Every year there are MANY players that this can be said about. I hope Cliff does this but why would he be different from all the other guys. If it was easy, a lot more guys would be doing it.
He is supposedly doing it already in practice

ADVERTISEMENT