ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor is a Cesspool

Baylor being Baylor...art briles is a nasty individual and Kenneth Starr could not care less...just win...

Every program has its rotten fruit...they've turned it into an art...pun intended

Reactions: RU22
The lengths a place will go to prop up their football program. I want a winning program as much as any other, but the stink coming out of Waco for the last few years as they 'upgraded' their football and basketball programs is too much.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...-violence-allegations-baylor-football-players
That is what angered me so much about Flood. He took away the thing that I was most proud of about the program; its reputation. We may not have won be we had a clean rep. He let discipline slip and destroyed that.

14e0mh.jpg

It is a good thing that it got worse. If we didn't do as badly as we did maybe he would still be here.

Have to imagine he was likely gone regardless, but if bottoming out last year is what it took, then it was worth it. So happy to have a real coach in place.

Babers probably have plans to leave already due to the difficulty in recruiting up North. Syracuse is next to last in recruiting for the ACC

RU didn't do too great for the 2016 class either, but Ash got a later start than Babers. Recruiting up there is a challenge no doubt. My nephew is a 2018 QB prospect from Ohio and went on a visit to Syracuse last week and spent all day w their staff and over an hour with Babers 1 on 1, and liked the staff a lot, but their concern is Babers hasn't stayed for more than 2 seasons at any HC job he has had (Bowling Green and E.Ill.). Babers grew up in Hawaii and played college FB there, so the very cold climate probably not his favorite, lol

It is a good thing that it got worse. If we didn't do as badly as we did maybe he would still be here.
I agree 110%. Part of me says if he won the last game and went to a bowl the admin may have kept him. He would have been 5-7 but we would have gotten to a bowl like Nebraska did.

...and that seems to be all that matters down there.

Don't know what matters , but do know what matters most in college sports is winning .
Winning isn't everything , it's the only thing . I wish it was that way at Rutgers , obviously save for felonies and a Sandusky .
The worst thing Baylor basketball did recently was lose to Yale on college sports biggest stage

And to rub salt in the wound, despite all that, we only proceeded to get worse on the field.

The difference is that down there, there may be no discipline off the field, but on the field, the players knew who was in control.

Is Baylor any worse than FSU?
or PSU?
or Tennessee?
or any of the other big football programs and the cities they are in that continually try to protect their football team (or other athletes) at any cost including the sexual assault and physical abuse of women and children and, in the case of Tennessee, their own players who speak up?

Nothing will change until the schools stop treating athletics and athletes as gods.

Folks while Baylor is getting destroyed for this, please remember that the sexual Assault issue has because really bad issue nationwide on college campuses.

This is not necessarily a football problem, or and athletics department problem, but an overall societal problem.

I implore you to watch a documentary called The Hunting Ground to see how bad it has actually become. The documentary is absolutely chilling

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Folks while Baylor is getting destroyed for this, please remember that the sexual Assault issue has because really bad issue nationwide on college campuses.

This is not necessarily a football problem, or and athletics department problem, but an overall societal problem.

I implore you to watch a documentary called The Hunting Ground to see how bad it has actually become. The documentary is absolutely chilling
Agreed that it's not just a Baylor thing. But it's disgusting that the players were not disciplined. If you don't discipline the players now, they grow up and continue to do stuff like this. See Aaron Hernandez. He had not clue what he did was completely idiotic. These guys are given a golden opportunity to get a degree. These coaches need to get them to understand how big of an opportunity it is. even if they don't make it to the NFL, they should at least graduate from school as a mature adult. It's sad that so many of them don't understand how bad some of their decisions are.

How about the football coach!? Oh wait, no...he wins games so that's off the table!! As long as briles is there, it will continue...period!

True, but by dumping the University President the NCAA will now be able to say that Baylor has done it's due diligence and leave them alone.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
Nice -- but still waiting for a shoe to drop in Chapel Hill. Don't hold your breath.

Reactions: Dpgru
If this happened at RU the coach and AD would be gone and there would be cries to shut the program down. At schools like Baylor, Louisville, etc. it's "just win baby."

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Only in state with the twisted values of Texas would a school that holds itself out as being founded on and operated on religious principles would a football coach survive while the University president does not. Wow.

Last edited:

I hope it was more accurate than Rolling Stone's expose on Uva's frat scene.

True, but by dumping the University President the NCAA will now be able to say that Baylor has done it's due diligence and leave them alone.

Due diligence my ass...it is tantamount to very little very late...but I do understand what you are saying...

If this happened at RU the coach and AD would be gone and there would be cries to shut the program down. At schools like Baylor, Louisville, etc. it's "just win baby."

Quite frankly I wouldn't want it any other way. I have said this before: as much as many of us have serious issues with THE SL, and NL.COM, they would never allow this type of thing to happen. Imagine the field day they would have if this sort of thing went on here. Think about PSU and the "emeritus" status given to Sandusky. Do you think the ledger would be quite about that? They would be asking why? Constantly exposing what it costs to keep a do nothing assistant coach in an office somewhere. They may go overboard but they also have a way of keeping RU on the strait and narrow. It is actually a good thing.

Due diligence my ass...it is tantamount to very little very late...but I do understand what you are saying...

I didn't say that they were doing their due diligence I was saying that the NCAA would interpret it that way so they wouldn't have to discipline them.

ADVERTISEMENT