ADVERTISEMENT

BC Fans Hem and Haw Over Hafley (Rutgers Content)

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
The loss to RU hurt them. Familiar problems at BC, or ominous parallels? Maybe hiring former Ohio State DCs is the problem?😫 Et tu Ash?

@NickRU714 :

"Curtis: I think we’re probably all in agreement that OL Coach Guge needs to go. Do we think OC John McNulty deserves another shot after only being at the helm for 1 season?

Bailin: Nope. The offense looked absolutely lost all year, there needs to be a change. Not to mention Jurk appeared to have some pretty massive regression.

Curran: Yea, I think McNulty needs to go. Clearly he doesn’t have the experience or coaching skills to adequately covet Hafley. I don’t see how keeping him around for another year would help the program."

"Hafley has bungled his staff hirings and roster construction, two of the most important aspects of being a college head coach."

Interesting comment:

"At BC, it's losing to Rutgers, UConn and Syracuse in the same season. Win those three, possible this year with this flawed team, you're 6-6. Nobody is particularly happy, perhaps questioning if Hafley is any better than the last guy."

The loss to RU hurt them. Familiar problems at BC, or ominous parallels? Maybe hiring former Ohio State DCs is the problem?😫 Et tu Ash?

@NickRU714 :

"Curtis: I think we’re probably all in agreement that OL Coach Guge needs to go. Do we think OC John McNulty deserves another shot after only being at the helm for 1 season?

Bailin: Nope. The offense looked absolutely lost all year, there needs to be a change. Not to mention Jurk appeared to have some pretty massive regression.

Curran: Yea, I think McNulty needs to go. Clearly he doesn’t have the experience or coaching skills to adequately covet Hafley. I don’t see how keeping him around for another year would help the program."

"Hafley has bungled his staff hirings and roster construction, two of the most important aspects of being a college head coach."

Interesting comment:

"At BC, it's losing to Rutgers, UConn and Syracuse in the same season. Win those three, possible this year with this flawed team, you're 6-6. Nobody is particularly happy, perhaps questioning if Hafley is any better than the last guy."

Change the names around and it's just like reading TKR.

BC had a better conference record than us and have a freshman QB who is better than anyone we have. They also won at #16 NC State late in the season.

I always root against them, and I hate to say it, but we are in a deeper hole than them when it comes to rebuilding.

Last edited:
BC had a better conference record than us and have a freshman QB who is better than anyone we have. They also won at #16 NC State late in the season.

I always root against them but we are in a deeper hole than them when it comes to rebuilding.
Other than when we beat them at BC with their graduated senior QB with our backup QB, they are in a much better position than we are.

North Carolina State lost because their freshman QB was horrible in 2nd half. 3 turnovers and BC scored with like 15 seconds left.

I always root against them, and I hate to say it, but we are in a deeper hole than them when it comes to rebuilding.
They can have the better conference record (against a weaker league for sure) and we will keep the head to head victory.

We may be in a deeper hole, but mainly because we have stronger competition.

@NickRU714 :

Interesting comment:

shocked philip j fry GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift

@NickRU714 :

Interesting comment:

Do they have troglodytes who say things like "hats off to Hafley" or is that only here?

• Haha
No, not even a "Shoes off to Schiano" or anything like that. They accept their reality that their school does not have the appetite for another firing and buyout.
You mean they don’t understand if they hired the coach they can’t afford, money will just magically appear.

• Haha
Hey the only bowl they're going to is toilet-- remember that quote, and their deceit about leaving the bigeast--they have womens lax and little else and their ego is as bad as uconn-- no sympathy here unless its forNJ parents paying exorbitant tuition for a notre dame wanna be

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT