ADVERTISEMENT

Football Best, worse cases and record predictions for 2020

If this season actually happens.... Hard to see us beating any team with a good/very good offense. An experienced returning QB is worth even more in this environment. OSU with Fields should be favored by double digits practically all season. I can't see us scoring many points with a new coordinator, new QB, and a line in transition and - oh yeah - no practices.

Schiano will need to have his d and specials contribute with points. Maybe that gets us a couple of wins against Purdue or similar.

Honestly 2-8. Without a spring to put in the new schemes on both sides of the ball and with the fall practice time most likely limited due to Covid, I just do not think there will be enough reps for the schemes to take hold.

Nalwasky’s 3-7 prediction seems overly optimistic. Hope it comes true, but think odds are against a season. If a season plays, how many guys will declare redshirt to avoid risk of Covid? Might be a smart thing to do. Oh the hypocrisy of college sports being all about “student athletes”.

If Purdue, Illinois, and Indiana were on the front end of the schedule, I think 4-6 would be a real possibility, but because the team has to run the gauntlet of Nebraska, Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State right off the bat by the time it gets to the weaker teams it might be pretty beat up, therefore, predicting 2-8.

If the season goes ahead, I would not necessarily chalk Nebraska up as a loss.

Reactions: Yeah Baby
We could easily lose the first 5 - Nebraska OSU PSU Maryland Michigan. We could also win 2 (Maryland Nebraska). In which case it sets us up for a good second half. We could win the next 4 - Purdue Illinois Indiana MSU. So 6-4 best case. 1-9 worst case (Schiano won’t lose to all of Indiana, Illinois, Maryland and Purdue)

We have lost 21 straight B1G games dating back to October 2018.
With less than 4 weeks to the start of the season and the Rutgers Football Team still in quarantine don’t see how we can start in a good place. Maybe a win against Maryland. If not looking at maybe 29 B1G losses in a row and a chance for a win vs. Illinois.

For those that are confident that there will college football in the Big Ten this fall, on time are delusional.

We could easily lose the first 5 - Nebraska OSU PSU Maryland Michigan. We could also win 2 (Maryland Nebraska). In which case it sets us up for a good second half. We could win the next 4 - Purdue Illinois Indiana MSU. So 6-4 best case. 1-9 worst case (Schiano won’t lose to all of Indiana, Illinois, Maryland and Purdue)
I like your optimism. 0-10 worst case and 5-5 best case is my more realistic opinion.

If this season actually happens.... Hard to see us beating any team with a good/very good offense. An experienced returning QB is worth even more in this environment. OSU with Fields should be favored by double digits practically all season. I can't see us scoring many points with a new coordinator, new QB, and a line in transition and - oh yeah - no practices.

Schiano will need to have his d and specials contribute with points. Maybe that gets us a couple of wins against Purdue or similar.
I don’t think this team is a bad as many think. They showed signs of life the last two season just to fall short several times. Their is a rebuild in order, but not to the extent of GS’s first tenure IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT