ADVERTISEMENT

Big Opportunity For Women's Crew This Weekend

It wouldn't shock me if RU Women's Crew ends up winning that elusive B1G Championship as a team. So far RU has won 6 out of 8 races and placed 2nd to Michigan in the 2 races the team didn't win. The 1V8 boat for RU has the best overall time as of now as well.

It wouldn't shock me if RU Women's Crew ends up winning that elusive B1G Championship as a team. So far RU has won 6 out of 8 races and placed 2nd to Michigan in the 2 races the team didn't win. The 1V8 boat for RU has the best overall time as of now as well.

I’ve been saying this fir a few weeks now!!!

Reactions: RUTrack94
This looks like quite a regatta! Does the B1G have a rowing championship competition?

What I have seen from the results is the top tier teams are Virginia, Michigan and Rutgers. My take is Virginia is the best and Rutgers and Michigan are neck and neck, maybe Michigan slightly ahead. Though head to head Michigan has beat Virginia. There are more races tomorrow but my take is we should pass a few schools and be a solid top 10 school when new rankings come out. Pass tOSU, Alabama and Tennessee. We are very close to Virginia who is ranked 3rd. We have a very impressive program

Last edited:
Reactions: RUTrack94
What I have seen from the results is the top tier teams are Virginia, Michigan and Rutgers. My take is Virginia is the best and Rutgers and Michigan are neck and neck, maybe Michigan slightly ahead. Though head to head Michigan has beat Virginia. There are more races tomorrow but my take is we should pass a few schools and be a solid top 10 school when new rankings come out. Pass tOSU, Alabama and Tennessee. We are very close to Virginia who is ranked 3rd. We have a very impressive program
I think we might end up Top 5...Washington, Texas and UVA will be Top 3, then either combo of RU and Michigan will be 4/5. I definitely think we are at worst dead even with Michigan for Top Dog in the B1G.

Is the competition over for the day? Will they declare a team "winner" at the end?

Thanks.

three really big races to start the day. Non Rutgers. Michigan, Virginia and tOSU going up against each other in all 3 races. We're up at 9...Good luck RU ladies

Reactions: fredRU93
looking at the results our 1V and 2V eights are top tier. We barley lost to Virginia yesterday 1V.. 10's of a second. Beat everyone else including Michigan. Looks like our 1V four is competitive but about 15-17 seconds behind the best. We do have some strong depth as well

Talk about a coach & a coaching hire. Price in his 3rd year has taken a program from nowhere to what I would argue is elite status.

So what you’re saying is NEW HC’s can make a difference??? Remember this when making your argument about O’Neill next time my friend.

BTW - completely agree

looking at the results our 1V and 2V eights are top tier. We barley lost to Virginia yesterday 1V.. 10's of a second. Beat everyone else including Michigan. Looks like our 1V four is competitive but about 15-17 seconds behind the best. We do have some strong depth as well

Let’s get the B1G title in 2 weeks!!!

So what you’re saying is NEW HC’s can make a difference??? Remember this when making your argument about O’Neill next time my friend.

BTW - completely agree
Yes, of course, coaches make a huge difference. Situations are, of course not analogous, O'Neil did not take a program that was nowhere. He took over a solid program & has continued to have very good success with it, albeit not to the elite level that many of us would like to see. Really need to give the drum a rest my friend, & try not to become a one trick pony turning everything into a condemnation of O'Neill.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Yes, of course, coaches make a huge difference. Situations are, of course not analogous, O'Neil did not take a program that was nowhere. He took over a solid program & has continued to have very good success with it, albeit not to the elite level that many of us would like to see. Really need to give the drum a rest my friend, & try not to become a one trick pony turning everything into a condemnation of O'Neill.
Just having some fun with you buddy all good.

RU beats ND and Iowa decisively in the 3V4 race. We have 1 race left...the last one of the Tourney between Minnesota, ND, and MSU.

At this point, I think we are either #4 or #5 in the nation depending on if we are ranked ahead or behind Michigan. Washington #1, Texas #2, UVA #3, RU #4, Michigan #5 in my biased opinion. Margin between RU and Michigan is so razor thin.

The B1G Championship will be a nail biter. Our 1V 2V 8s will lead the way, but it will be up to our depth to bring it home. Covid will be a wild card. Not sure if OSU was impacted by it but they were not a factor in this event.

If this invitation were just RU v. Mich, I have it scored 183 RU vs. 177 Mich. I am truly shocked by this. I can't wait to see the next poll.

Big Ten Championships Team Scoring​

SCORING SYSTEM

RACE:1st2nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th
I Varsity Eight726354453627189
II Varsity Eight484236302418126
I Varsity Four2421181512963
II Varsity Four161412108642
I Novice Eight161412108642
II Novice Eight87654321
III Varsity Four87654321

ADVERTISEMENT