ADVERTISEMENT

Big Opportunity For Women's Crew This Weekend

The B1G title would be real nice feather in their cap in what is turning out to be a stellar season. But this weekend's performances have been great - they're not just beating up on the Little Sisters of the Poor out in Ohio this weekend. They're winning over well-established athletic programs. Are there any B1G teams in this event that RU hasn't defeated?

The B1G Championship will be a nail biter. Our 1V 2V 8s will lead the way, but it will be up to our depth to bring it home. Covid will be a wild card. Not sure if OSU was impacted by it but they were not a factor in this event.

If this invitation were just RU v. Mich, I have it scored 183 RU vs. 177 Mich. I am truly shocked by this. I can't wait to see the next poll.

Big Ten Championships Team Scoring​

SCORING SYSTEM

RACE:1st2nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th
I Varsity Eight726354453627189
II Varsity Eight484236302418126
I Varsity Four2421181512963
II Varsity Four161412108642
I Novice Eight161412108642
II Novice Eight87654321
III Varsity Four87654321
Thanks for posting this. I had no idea how they do the scoring to determine where each team finishes.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Thanks for posting this. I had no idea how they do the scoring to determine where each team finishes.
I consider our 3 biggest B1G rivals in all sports, Money sports plus Olympic sports, to be PSU, Maryland, and Michigan. I feel like no matter what sport, we have to get past 1 of the 3 to get some hardware.

At this point, I think we are either #4 or #5 in the nation depending on if we are ranked ahead or behind Michigan. Washington #1, Texas #2, UVA #3, RU #4, Michigan #5 in my biased opinion. Margin between RU and Michigan is so razor thin.
We raced head to head against all the top programs in this event except for Tennessee. Would have liked to see how we would have done. Based on times we would beat them. Beat everyone except UVA. Michigan and us neck and neck. The group should leave this event feeling really good. I like your logic but if we are ranked 7-8 in the next polls we should be happy at this point. Clearly a very strong showing.

I consider our 3 biggest B1G rivals in all sports, Money sports plus Olympic sports, to be PSU, Maryland, and Michigan. I feel like no matter what sport, we have to get past 1 of the 3 to get some hardware.
Maryland.

In some sports, yeah. Not in all sports. Terps don't have crew for example.

Understood but I’d say top-to-bottom, right now, they’re our biggest PITA and a department we CAN equate this decade. They’re in our sights, no question, but what happened with FH this weekend was a crusher and they do it to us in a lot of sports.

I would add OSU to that list. RU now has good rivalries with them in a number of sports and this year, football and men's bball aside, did quite well against them, winning more often than losing against one of the two richest athletic programs in the country. Maybe GS can get us to the point where even in football, we can have a great rivalry.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I like the fact that it's an inaugural race, meaning it'll take place every year. Good for the team to prepare for the B1Gs/NCAAs.

Will there be a new poll out sometime this week? Sure will be nice to see how far RU moves up after such a great weekend of competition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT