ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Build Fund Progress

eceres

Junior
Jun 24, 2013
Edit: updated as of 9/7. Page slowed down, hopefully will pick up now that we are in season.

Updated as of yesterday 71 new donors and 124k in past month.

I used data mentioned in this forum, if anyone has numbers for other dates let me know and I can update the spreadsheet. Average donation and donations a day are pretty good.

In order to hit the 100M goals and 10,000 donor goals the pace needs to pick up a lot. Looking at the average from 5/10 through 7/29 it will take 4.8 years to get to the donor goal and 6.5 years to get to the money goal.
--> Don't shoot the messanger / numbers guy

Last edited:
The small donors have been doing great, every bit help. We just have to keep it up.

Dobbs will go after the bigger donors again in September.
Bobdobbs.png

What is the goal for this fundraising campaign in terms of dollars? Just curious. As a frame of reference, PSU started a For the Future campaign in 2007 that generated more than $2.15 billion in donations over seven years.

What is the goal for this fundraising campaign in terms of dollars? Just curious. As a frame of reference, PSU started a For the Future campaign in 2007 that generated more than $2.15 billion in donations over seven years.
What a dweeb, seriously.
Hey neighbor, nice new honda accord you got ... have I shown you the Lamborghini I recently bought!!!

That was not for athletics. RU had a similar fund raiser for academics and raised I believe 1 billion in a few years. Your not comparing apples to apples and you know it. Try not being so dense.

I really wasn't trying to troll you guys. Rather, was just providing a comp to one of your peers. PSU doesn't really push for athletics donations outside of the Nittany Lion Club, so I couldn't provide an apples-to-apples example. I hope you guys raise the money you need to compete in the B1G. Also, what is the RU goal? If I saw it I don't recall.

I really wasn't trying to troll you guys. Rather, was just providing a comp to one of your peers. PSU doesn't really push for athletics donations outside of the Nittany Lion Club, so I couldn't provide an apples-to-apples example. I hope you guys raise the money you need to compete in the B1G. Also, what is the RU goal? If I saw it I don't recall.
$100 million. We're at over $55.7 million right now.

Reactions: Cheesesteak Vegas

to answer the question, the athletics build fund is in the $100M range, and we have raised more than half, per the OP.

We recently had a campus goal to raise $1B ("our Rutgers, our future") which exceeded the $1B goal and ended at the end of 2014. I would imagine this is conceptually in line with PSU's "for the future campaign". Given that 2014 was our first year in the Big Ten ( and we joined 7/1/2014), I imagine we can do even more fund raising in the future with a more positive academic and athletic outlook for the school.

http://news.rutgers.edu/news-releas...illion-fundraising-goal/20150122#.V51LCTVOySA

71 people and $124k in a month? That's embarrassing.
It's still July, how about you donate and make it 72 for the month. Instead of bitching. And before you go there yes my family already donated to this fund.

Edit: Sorry didn't mean to pick on you, but people need to start realizing they can become the solution. Instead of constantly bemoaning the problem.

Last edited:
I'm surprised it is not more. My credit card account was charged TWICE for the same donation to that fund. Watch your account statements carefully. I never thought my alma mater was a gonef.

It's still July, how about you donate and make it 72 for the month. Instead of bitching. And before you go there yes my family already donated to this fund.

Edit: Sorry didn't mean to pick on you, but people need to start realizing they can become the solution. Instead of constantly bemoaning the problem.
Most just ignore the problem or make believe it does not exist proof is the less than 1200 hundred people who have donated.

Rutgers alum just don't give to the school, it's going to be tough to change that culture around. In the end it's the big time donors who accomplish these monetary goals anyway. I don't think you can get any better than Hobbs and Baumgarter in terms of competence. They're trying everything in the book here.

Our wealthy alum just aren't Rutgers sports fans. They went to the school at a time when we were playing Lehigh and Colgate and had a 10,000 seat stadium. You WOULD think that David Stern would be interested in our basketball program though...

That's why your school can pay 4 million a year for a coach and 1 million a year for an offensive coordinator. Your stadium was packed 20 min before kickoff and it was really impressive last fall when I was there to watch RU play you guys. Night and day the difference between our programs when it comes to financial support. as a whole we don't care but want to win and compete at the same time. Instead of giving to the fund they get mad and throw insults but do nothing to help the school where it counts. IMO less than 1300 is the proof.

Wrong guy. Not sure why you would assume I would NOT have donated. I did go with a fairly modest donation ($25,000 spread over five years). I have been less passionate about RU football lately, but I did feel obligated to donate something. Part of my challenge is that I am pretty heavily involved in my son's college football program (he plays FCS) and I am donating much more significantly there (plus a few thousand a year donation on top of tuition to my other son's college, plus a few thousand to the Y and a couple to my son's HS). So, I do get a bit of "donation fatigue" at some point.

However, I do prefer to be part of the solution.

Wrong guy.

However, I do prefer to be part of the solution.

I apologize, yes you are definitely part of the solution. But as you know most people who bitch and moan are usually those who never do. You however, definitely don't fall into that category. I can see where you have donation fatigue, we only donate to our Church and RU(wife's school) mainly. Also my old school, but not much(where I played). You have a slew more on your plate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet1984
We, the fund captains, have our monthly progress conference call tomorrow night. Pat Hobbs will be a part of the call.

If you recall there were so many excuses by many about waiting___I guess they continue to wait

A lot of my Rutgers based cynicism will be erased once they start actually building. Until then, I'll believe it when I see it.

A lot of my Rutgers based cynicism will be erased once they start actually building. Until then, I'll believe it when I see it.

This is on us (alumni /sports fans) not admin, although a shovel in the ground may be a big boost to people's willingness to give.

Julie for the baseball/softball going, Hobbs already got a weight room done so there is noticeable progress.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT