ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten discussing 20-game conference schedule

How about splitting the difference and copy The football model by having two divisions. Play the six division games twice and the other division once each and settle on 19 games.
That makes too much sense. :sunglasses:

Reactions: Dpgru
The more the better.....I want maximum competition for my bucks.....Also given that the ACC is going to a 20 game conference schedule in 2019 - you can bet that the Big 10 will follow suit. I like it; I want it; I wish the old BE had it - however I do feel sorry for mid majors as it will certainly hurt their scheduling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet Shack
Then you get in a situation where you have an uneven amount of home and road conference games. No good.

Then why do they do it in football where home games are essential for money and it is harder to make it up on the schedule. They alternate each year.

Reactions: RU_DIO
Then why do they do it in football where home games are essential for money and it is harder to make it up on the schedule. They alternate each year.

Ummm ... yeah. The nine-game schedule is here. Nine, as far as I recall, is an odd number. So why not do it in basketball? At least you KNOW who you will play twice every year without looking it up. (I know it's been the best thing that ever happened to us, but these oversized conferences still suck to me.)

Wasn't it awesome when you played every team in your conference 2x? Nobody had a weak or strong conference schedule back in those days.

I'm going to go yell at a cloud now.

Conferences should have only 10 teams AND all games should be a bus ride. These are kids that are in college.

Greenie is right but that dynamic ended a long time ago .

I'm not seeing where a 20 game conference schedule helps teams in the 2nd division of any Power type conference

I don't like the 20 game schedule and I don't like the 9 game schedule in football. It only helps the top teams if the league is top heavy, and if the league is not top heavy there will come a time when the league beats itself up and it will kill us come playoff time.

Last edited:
they should just go to divisions since that is basically happening.

B10 East - play twice (12 games)
B10 West - play once
20th game - rotate B10 west (Purdue would play Indiana each year as rest rotate)

ADVERTISEMENT