ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten medical subcommittee to present options for possible return of football in fall

Looks like only eight of the 14 presidents and chancellors involved

Initially, however, per the article if they believe it's a go, the 8 will bring the remaining 6 Presidents into the fold.

"If the subcommittee of presidents and chancellors approves the report, it can call a full board meeting for a second presentation to the entire group for a vote"

I admit that I haven't been following this very closely. If the B1G medical people think it's ok to play why wouldn't we play?
Why is the RU admin so against us playing? Forgive my ignorance but can someone please explain this to me. Is it a political thing? Murphy? What?
If other B1G schools play and we opt out that would be disastrous. Worse then going out and getting beat. We are recruiting against these other schools now, not ODU and UMass and Akron like we were with Ash. We have to take the field against them.

Rutgers not one of the eight? .... INFURIATING !!!!
TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE

Imagine the Zoom Meeting when Schiano has to explain to his players why the other eight teams are playing
I said it yesterday, kiss every one of our recruits with other P5 offers goodbye. It would be devastating to not have a season. The longer it takes for us to change the narrative on our program, the longer we will struggle. Not playing while other teams in our conference do will put us so far behind the 8 ball that I honestly don’t know that we can dig out of it

I admit that I haven't been following this very closely. If the B1G medical people think it's ok to play why wouldn't we play?
Why is the RU admin so against us playing? Forgive my ignorance but can someone please explain this to me. Is it a political thing? Murphy? What?
If other B1G schools play and we opt out that would be disastrous. Worse then going out and getting beat. We are recruiting against these other schools now, not ODU and UMass and Akron like we were with Ash. We have to take the field against them.
Short version is bc trump is in office and Holloway doesn’t understand that cfb plays a significant role in many small town’s overall economic health. If a democrat was in office, we would be playing football, it’s that simple. Holloway is full blown corrupt and a puppet of the dnc.

And I agree with you it is going to prove disasterous to not have a season. Especially the way we did it by Holloway being an Indian giver, being on board than backing off once trump got involved after Holloway got that nice check from Soros... but yea picture this next summer as Greg is visiting potential recruits houses next spring if we don’t play “Look I know we haven’t won a conference game since you were in middle school and our university president completely ignored the wants and desires of our players and coaches, but you are waaaaay better off coming here compared to Penn State or Wisconsin.”

yea....

Short version is bc trump is in office and Holloway doesn’t understand that cfb plays a significant role in many small town’s overall economic health. If a democrat was in office, we would be playing football, it’s that simple. Holloway is full blown corrupt and a puppet of the dnc.

And I agree with you it is going to prove disasterous to not have a season. Especially the way we did it by Holloway being an Indian giver, being on board than backing off once trump got involved after Holloway got that nice check from Soros... but yea picture this next summer as Greg is visiting potential recruits houses next spring if we don’t play “Look I know we haven’t won a conference game since you were in middle school and our university president completely ignored the wants and desires of our players and coaches, but you are waaaaay better off coming here compared to Penn State or Wisconsin.”

yea....

I didn't know that Hlloway had switched positions on this. That sure sends a terrible message.

I didn't know that Hlloway had switched positions on this. That sure sends a terrible message.
Rutgers was on board with their vote and Holloway changed course and made a comment about how trump was doing ‘cheap politics’. I’m genuinely so disappointed in my university at this point. The last 3 years of getting blown out every time we took the field didn’t waver me, but a new university president that only cares about playing politics is not going to fly for me. An absolute embarrassment and thus why rutgers and Holloway are once again being drug through the mud on a national level.
Teams will get vindictive bc of this, they will come after our recruits just to screw us

yea....
Did you make this conspiracy theory up yourself, or did you get it from the internets with a certification of authenticity?

Perhaps we shall. Let it play out.

The B1G medical people advise. They should be listened to, and they are. The presidents decide. The prior decision was 11-3 to postpone to spring. They are reconsidering that decision in light of new medical developments. Holloway has stated that unless his concerns are satisfied, his vote remains to postpone. Will his concerns be satisfied? We should know soon.

Also remember that if RU votes no and is overruled, that doesn't mean we don't play. That then becomes a separate decision.

In short, I would humbly suggest that y'all refrain from ripping the University President until you know you have a reason to rip him.

In all the years of my association with Rutgers, there has been nothing that has embarrassed me about anything related to the university. Including "issues" with our former basketball coaches, and monumental blowout losses in football. But if RU chooses to opt out of a season that other big Ten schools have decided it was safe enough to go forward with... along with many other D1 schools and professional leagues? It will be a complete and utter embarrassment. Horrified at the potential of this happening

Again, stop listening to all the BS. If the Big 10 decides to play, no matter who votes how, RU will be playing. Murphy said they could play and RU is not in a position to go against the grain.
Agree. Even our esteemed president isn't that stupid as to not understand that it would literally be a self-inflicted death penalty for the football program. Northwestern may be able to get away with it because they are on a different mission than the other universities within the conference, but not Rutgers.

Agree. Even our esteemed president isn't that stupid as to not understand that it would literally be a self-inflicted death penalty for the football program. Northwestern may be able to get away with it because they are on a different mission than the other universities within the conference, but not Rutgers.

Sure hope you are right.... but if Rutgers opts out while the others play.... EPIC DISASTER

IMO they will play. This talk the last few days is posturing against giving any perceived credit (deserved or not) to the president. They will say they are following the recommendations of science. It’s all to save face from the mistake they made voting too early at the start, thinking everyone would follow.

Again, stop listening to all the BS. If the Big 10 decides to play, no matter who votes how, RU will be playing. Murphy said they could play and RU is not in a position to go against the grain.
Not according to Holloway... Here’s what I truly hope happens... Rutgers is one of 3-4 teams who don’t play and have their “share” of tv monies drastically cut... this is not the fault of coaches , staffs or the student athletes... it is the failure of a major university president to properly plan along with his medical professionals and all the other conference members... Hell, I thought we had joined this great consortium of schools those on the cusp of great scientific research and development... a group with the ability to properly guide the schools in a safe, and managed way... Everyone wants for the safety of the players , students and the entire Rutgers Family but Holloway certainly did not plan for a season ... Don’t tell us about a Spring season either at this juncture ...this virus would still be around to infect and impact lives ...better yet explain why the Spring is different and likely for us to play?

Reactions: BoogieKnight
IMO they will play. This talk the last few days is posturing against giving any perceived credit (deserved or not) to the president. They will say they are following the recommendations of science. It’s all to save face from the mistake they made voting too early at the start, thinking everyone would follow.
Voting on "should we have a season" is different from voting on "we are having a season, do you want to opt out when all your peers/rivals are opting in?"

Assuming BIG votes to play I have to think we will play too.

Reactions: cicero grimes
I said it yesterday, kiss every one of our recruits with other P5 offers goodbye. It would be devastating to not have a season. The longer it takes for us to change the narrative on our program, the longer we will struggle. Not playing while other teams in our conference do will put us so far behind the 8 ball that I honestly don’t know that we can dig out of it
Naaa Schiano spins it as this is a special place that cares about our players more than just as football players. He was selling Rutgers National Championships in the early 2000s, he can do this too.

Voting on "should we have a season" is different from voting on "we are having a season, do you want to opt out when all your peers/rivals are opting in?"

Assuming BIG votes to play I have to think we will play too.
What a cluster F$&$&&&k and it seems our University is always on the forefront of negativity and stupidity and politics.

Naaa Schiano spins it as this is a special place that cares about our players more than just as football players. He was selling Rutgers National Championships in the early 2000s, he can do this too.
He wasn't trying to compete against OSU, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, and Maryland within his own division. How do you think the recruiting wars will play out against those schools for the top NJ talent if they are playing and we are not? Knute Rockne on his best day wouldn't be able to recover so quickly from that scenario.

People on this board will be very upset if we don’t play and others do... as much as Schiano will say all the right things it will be a kick in the gonads ...to the entire team and staff... He is a stickler to keep his players safe and successful... but we’ll see.

Reactions: cicero grimes
ADVERTISEMENT