ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Rankings To Date (CBS Sportsline)

Blitz Pakage

Sophomore
May 16, 2008
According to CBS Sportsline, here are the current Big Ten rankings and more!

Ohio State -#2
Michigan -#4
Wisconsin -#9
Nebraska -#14
Michigan State -#23
Iowa -#27
Minnesota -#46
Maryland -#49
Indiana -#58
Penn State -#62
Purdue -#82
Northwestern -#85
Rutgers -#104
Illinois -#108

Other teams of interest.

Notre Dame -#50
Pittsburgh -#51
Army _#53
Temple -#73
Boston College -#79
U Conn -#91
Syracuse -#95

What do you think?

Last edited:
According to CBS Sportsline, here are the current Big Ten rankings and more!

Ohio State -#2
Michigan -#4
Wisconsin -#9
Nebraska -#14
Michigan State -#23
Iowa -#27
Minnesota -#46
Maryland -#49
Indiana -#58
Penn State -#62
Purdue -#82
Northwestern -#85
Rutgers -#104
Illinois -#108

Other teams of interest.

Notre Dame -#50
Pittsburgh -#51
Army _#53
Temple -#73
Boston College -#79
U Conn -#91
Syracuse -#95

What do you think?
We have to beat Purdue & Northwestern to move up immediately. An impossible task to say the least.

Reactions: FanuSanu52
Well they have Notre Dame at #50 and Syracuse at #95. That seems about right to me. N.D was ranked 10th in the Nation to begin the year. They play tomorrow so somebody's dropping down even further. I believe it will be the CUSE.

Reactions: Bamm Bamm Rubble
We almost beat Iowa and we are ranked that low compared to indiana? Bullcrap!!!!
Oh come on. BIG difference between "almost" and winning. Big, big difference. Besides, rankings like this don't mean much anyway. We win this weekend, will you care? We lose by 50, would it make it better?

giveadamnprogress5795tg4.gif

So according to those rankings 77 teams would lose to Iowa at home by less than 7 points.

Got it.

Sagarin

OSU 1
Mich 3
Wisc 15
Neb 22
Iowa 25
MSU 46
PSU 55
NW 57
Minn 58
Ind 66
MD 70
Ill 86
Pur 94
RU 98

ND 35
UConn 99

Well they have Notre Dame at #50 and Syracuse at #95. That seems about right to me. N.D was ranked 10th in the Nation to begin the year. They play tomorrow so somebody's dropping down even further. I believe it will be the CUSE.

The one constant in college football is ND will be overrated in every year's pre season poll.

It's reality .....it sucks....must be fixed. ...or we will be in the same rankings next session too.
I think it's more a reflection of the difficult schedule thus far. Maryland and Purdue have played no one close to a Washington or Iowa. It's just too early to say that the Indiana, Purdue and Marylands of the world are all that much better than RU.

Reactions: shields
If you go by the rankings we should have a 3 or 4 win season, which is what a lot of us predicted in the first year of the Ash regime given what was here when he arrived. Some posters are in denial that this will be a 4 or 5 year process if everything works to plan before we can compete week-in and week-out in the B1G. Yes, we can win on any given Saturday, but in the B1G to string 4 or 5 wins in a row you need depth all the way to the third string. B1G conference play is a war of attrition, it is not good enough to have just a few great players.

By the way, the UConn ranking is way to high, that is a bad team.

I think it's more a reflection of the difficult schedule thus far. Maryland and Purdue have played no one close to a Washington or Iowa. It's just too early to say that the Indiana, Purdue and Marylands of the world are all that much better than RU.

I'm a Maryland guy and I agree with this. You guys seem to have a black cloud over your heads...

If you go by the rankings we should have a 3 or 4 win season, which is what a lot of us predicted in the first year of the Ash regime given what was here when he arrived. Some posters are in denial that this will be a 4 or 5 year process if everything works to plan before we can compete week-in and week-out in the B1G. Yes, we can win on any given Saturday, but in the B1G to string 4 or 5 wins in a row you need depth all the way to the third string. B1G conference play is a war of attrition, it is not good enough to have just a few great players.

By the way, the UConn ranking is way to high, that is a bad team.

As a life-long B1G fan, I think you're spot on. Chris Ash is going to be really good for RU, but he's going to need some time to get his own recruits under him that fit his style. So 4-5 years sounds about right. The good news is that there are tons of great recruits right under his nose in your part of the US, so if he can even turn a few into decent NFL draft choices in the next couple of years, it makes RU much more interesting for overlooked 3 star recruits that could immediately make an impact.

Reactions: zazoo2002
I always figured 4 to 5 years to completely turn a program around and be solid week in and week out on the field. You should see a major difference in year 3 though. The only way to speed up the process is if you can get good JUCO transfers in key positions for the next couple of years until Ash has all his recruits in place. But are they out there to get?

Reactions: MoobyCow
As a life-long B1G fan, I think you're spot on. Chris Ash is going to be really good for RU, but he's going to need some time to get his own recruits under him that fit his style. So 4-5 years sounds about right. The good news is that there are tons of great recruits right under his nose in your part of the US, so if he can even turn a few into decent NFL draft choices in the next couple of years, it makes RU much more interesting for overlooked 3 star recruits that could immediately make an impact.

I mean, do you think we were getting a bunch of 2-star recruits the past few years? Our recruiting was far from great under Flood, but we were getting "overlooked 3-star recruits" back then. I would hope that if things start improving on the field, Ash would be getting 4-star and high 3-star recruits. Heck, our CURRENT commit list for 2017 already has three 4-stars and multiple 3-stars with multiple P5 offers, and that's his first year.

I mean, do you think we were getting a bunch of 2-star recruits the past few years? Our recruiting was far from great under Flood, but we were getting "overlooked 3-star recruits" back then. I would hope that if things start improving on the field, Ash would be getting 4-star and high 3-star recruits. Heck, our CURRENT commit list for 2017 already has three 4-stars and multiple 3-stars with multiple P5 offers, and that's his first year.

I don't mean any offense, but in fact you were getting a lot of 2-star recruits over the past several years. And just because you're getting 3-star recruits, it doesn't mean that they are the ones that you want. Ohio State's classes have plenty of 3-star recruits every year too. The reality is that if you look at recruiting class ranks over the last several years, RU has typically been somewhere between 10-12 in the B1G. It's hard to compete week-in and week-out when you don't have much depth. Grant is a perfect example. With him out, it is going to hurt: A lot. There just isn't the depth on the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT