Big Ten Wrestling Standings 1/27/15 w/estimated NCAA bids for each

Leonard23

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Big Ten Wrestling Standings 1/27/15

Excerpt from 141:

Estimated NCAA Bids: 6

But that TruCoat: Logan Stieber's wrestled just over 19 minutes in his last 7 matches. That's 1 forfeit, 1 tech, and 5 falls, coming against 6 Big Ten foes and Mizzou. So, yeah. In other news, Nebraska's Abidin scrambled past Ashnault on Friday for a big victory. And that's bad news for Ashnault - the guy I think is 2nd most talented here - because a 4-seed not only gives him a much stiffer quarterfinal match, but it also puts him on LogieBear's side of the bracket.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Actually he might be better off as the 4 seed right now. He would probably have Dzeiwa in quarter who he beat. If Ashnault is the 3 seed he would have Rodriguez in quarterfinal who beat him.

If you win your quarterfinal you are guaranteed top 6 and an AQ ( if 6 is #). Lose your QF and you would need to win 2 matches in consolation round to finish top 6.
This post was edited on 1/29 11:47 AM by LetsGoRUwrestling

Ashnault lost 2-0 to Rodrigues & I think he will avenge that loss & beat him next time. I'd rather Ashnault gets the 3 seed & not wrestle Stieber until the finals.

Originally posted by Leonard23:
Ashnault lost 2-0 to Rodrigues & I think he will avenge that loss & beat him next time. I'd rather Ashnault gets the 3 seed & not wrestle Stieber until the finals.
+1

not too worried about Anthony's seed. only one guy is unbeatable, thats future Hodge winner Logan Bear. Ash can beat everyone else.

I been saying it for weeks. I really want Ash in the bottom side. Anything is possible after that. Honestly dont want him to wrestke Logan anymore then he has to. He is deff go to Nationals even if he doesnt wrestle in B10. He has had enough good wins to do so. However a good seed makes all the diff in end of the year AA run or a tough draw lets get em next year ending.

I just want to see Ash be more aggressive period. I wonder if the grind of the past month is getting to him ? He seems less agressive shooting, seems content to quickly release his opponent when on top thus no riding time and no chance at back points, and appears to be running out of gas in the 3rd period against the good competition lately.

Also looks like Camp is not in the lineup for Navy that RU released on its official site. Ugh.

Theobold however appears to be turning it on, and getting better as the season goes on.

And I looked at the Perrotti - Green match 3 times now, and have come away more impressed each time I see it. Perrotti was actually pretty agressive in that match, and held up well against Green , although the final score may not seem like it. If his knee holds out, I'm expecting good things from Perrotti going forward down the stretch.

Originally posted by Abro1975:
I just want to see Ash be more aggressive period. I wonder if the grind of the past month is getting to him ? He seems less agressive shooting, seems content to quickly release his opponent when on top thus no riding time and no chance at back points, and appears to be running out of gas in the 3rd period against the good competition lately.

Also looks like Camp is not in the lineup for Navy that RU released on its official site. Ugh.

Theobold however appears to be turning it on, and getting better as the season goes on.

And I looked at the Perrotti - Green match 3 times now, and have come away more impressed each time I see it. Perrotti was actually pretty agressive in that match, and held up well against Green , although the final score may not seem like it. If his knee holds out, I'm expecting good things from Perrotti going forward down the stretch.
I Love how Theobold's been improving as season goes on. Great observations on Perrotti and Ash. Very disappointed that Camp is not in the lineup vs Navy.

not quite sure how the the author figured the estimated number of B1G NCAA qualifying spots. last year the Big Ten earned 74 spots. this article only expects 73. Maybe he's just being conservative but i'm expecting more.

also its worth remembering that its the conference that gets the qualifying spots. the individual wrestlers still have to earn their ticket to the tournament by placing in the conference tournament. every NQ spot is up for grabs and every wrestling that enters the conference tournament has a shot at one.

ADVERTISEMENT