ADVERTISEMENT

Big10 schedule...

Aug 14, 2010
Reactions: dollarbill
Northwestern, Michigan, Michigan state, Penn state @ home.
Indiana, OSU, Maryland, Nebraska away.

4 great home dual meets.

Rutgers Wrestling Unveils 2023 Big Ten Dual Schedule

PISCATAWAY, N.J. – Rutgers wrestling unveiled its 2023 Big Ten dual schedule, announced today in conjunction with the conference. The Scarlet Knights host four programs – No. 1 Penn State, No. 3 Michigan, No. 15 Michigan State and No. 20 Northwestern – who finished ranked in the final NWCA Coaches Poll last season. The Scarlet Knights will also wrestle at No. 6 Ohio State and No. 11 Nebraska to make it six ranked foes on the docket for the 2023 conference dual slate.

Season tickets for the 2022-23 season can be purchased here. All times and television designations for all Big Ten duals will be announced later. Rutgers’ full 2022-23 competition schedule will also be announced in the coming weeks, with the program’s participation in the 2022 Garden State Grapple against UPenn and Drexel already announced for Sunday, Dec..4 at the Prudential Center.

RU opens Big Ten dual action on Friday, Jan. 13 with a trip to Bloomington to face Indiana, followed by a Sunday dual in Columbus on Jan. 15 against the Buckeyes. Rutgers then returns home for its next three duals with matchups against Michigan State (Friday, Jan. 20), Michigan (Sunday, Jan. 22) and Northwestern (Sunday, Jan. 29).

The Scarlet Knights begin February action with a trip down I-95 to face Maryland on Saturday, Feb. 4 in College Park. RU closes out its home Big Ten dual schedule with Penn State on Friday, Feb. 10 before traveling halfway across the country to face Nebraska on Sunday, Feb. 12 in Lincoln. The Big Ten Wrestling Championships, hosted by Michigan, will take place March 4-5 in Ann Arbor.

Rutgers returns three All-Americans – Sammy Alvarez, John Poznanski and Jackson Turley – as well as eight NCAA qualifiers to this season's team. Under head coach Scott Goodale, the Scarlet Knights finished the 2021-22 season with its most dual wins (16) since 2012-13 and its highest final ranking in the NWCA Coaches Poll (14) since 2017. RU qualified seven to the 2022 NCAA Championships – the most since 2017 – and had all participants score at the national tournament. Greg Bulsak (197) and Sebastian Rivera (141) added All-America honors to make it seven consecutive seasons with multiple All-Americans at NCAAs. With his bronze medal, Rivera became the fourth individual to secure a top-three finish at nationals in program history.

2023 Rutgers Wrestling Big Ten Dual Schedule

Date Home/Away Opponent Time Location
Friday, Jan. 13 AWAY at Indiana TBD Bloomington, Ind.
Sunday, Jan. 15 AWAY at Ohio State TBD Columbus, Ohio
Friday, Jan. 20 HOME MICHIGAN STATE TBD JERSEY MIKE'S ARENA
Sunday, Jan. 22 HOME MICHIGAN TBD JERSEY MIKE'S ARENA
Sunday, Jan. 29 HOME NORTHWESTERN TBD JERSEY MIKE'S ARENA
Saturday, Feb. 4 AWAY at Maryland TBD College Park, Md.
Friday, Feb. 10 HOME PENN STATE TBD JERSEY MIKE'S ARENA
Sunday, Feb. 12 AWAY at Nebraska TBD Lincoln, Neb.
Saturday, March 4-Sunday, March 5 AWAY 2023 Big Ten Wrestling Championships ALL DAY Ann Arbor, Mich.

Why is this such a ridiculous process? I’m sure it’s not the teams fault but the schedule has seemingly been done for a month. What are we doing?
I like to see the schedule too but for context, Iowa only released their big ten schedule today too. Not sure where other big ten teams are at.

We’re an estimated 40 days out from the start of the season and still no schedule. Considering buying season tickets but I have to see the dates for home matches as I have a few weddings to attend during the season.

Still think this whole schedule release process is completely unacceptable, and that’s the sports fault not Rutgers. Basketball schedule was finalized 3 weeks ago.

Reactions: Leonard23
We’re an estimated 40 days out from the start of the season and still no schedule. Considering buying season tickets but I have to see the dates for home matches as I have a few weddings to attend during the season.

Still think this whole schedule release process is completely unacceptable, and that’s the sports fault not Rutgers. Basketball schedule was finalized 3 weeks ago.
Iowa just released theirs today so maybe this week 🤷🏻‍♂️

Rumor has it that season ticket's sales are down. If true, I wonder if some fans are tired of a mediocre record. Should learn later if ticket sales are lower.

Rumor has it that season ticket's sales are down. If true, I wonder if some fans are tired of a mediocre record. Should learn later if ticket sales are lower.
Suriano, Ashnault, Rivera were the big draws. With them not around, I can see why there would be a drop in season ticket sales. Time to get Turley, Poz, Soldano, Alvararez (or future recruits) high on the podium and/or compete for national titles. Me? I'll still be there. Wrestling matches at the RAC are awesome. But only five home dates this year? WTH???

There's a few matches close as well. Princeton, rider, grapple, journeymen.
Not home matches but more matches to attend for Rutgers.

Good point. RU fans will still travel en masse to the Rock/Jadwin/Rider/Journeyman. I take it we're wrestling at Midlands over Christmas break, right?

They tried to schedule a 7 or 8 home match season. I guess Rutgers dates didn't work with the 12 plus teams they called. They tried to schedule Okie State.
This sucks to have so few home dates. We won't get many, if any, additional season ticket sales with that schedule. How does that happen? While it's nice there are a bunch of close away matches, I honestly have little interest in going to the Rock/Jadwin/Rider/Journeyman, and none of those environments are anywhere close to the RAC. What a clusterfuk...

This sucks to have so few home dates. We won't get many, if any, additional season ticket sales with that schedule. How does that happen? While it's nice there are a bunch of close away matches, I honestly have little interest in going to the Rock/Jadwin/Rider/Journeyman, and none of those environments are anywhere close to the RAC. What a clusterfuk...
Yeah the ball got dropped on this schedule. Surprised the Penn state fans haven’t claimed Rutgers season tickets, I would think the value of that one match is worth the price of entire set of tickets

Pretty disappointing honestly. Hopefully they put on a good showing this season. Not really sure what to expect. A lot of moving parts.

The four big 10 matches and…? I thought we had matches with Clarion, Penn, Drexel, and ASU
Yeah the ball got dropped on this schedule. Surprised the Penn state fans haven’t claimed Rutgers season tickets, I would think the value of that one match is worth the price of entire set of tickets
Not sure where the blame lies, but I know many OOC teams duck us and refuse to wrestle at The RAC which makes it harder 🤷🏻‍♂️.

We have Clarion 11/11, MSU 1/20, UM 1/22, NW 1/29, and PSU 2/10. Clarion will be empty, if that's the date, as that's teacher's convention and NJ schools are closed, so people go away (aside from being a weak opponent).

5 home meets sucks, that's quite disappointing, As far as season tickets, I lost two from my group this year. Don't think it had anything to do with our wrestlers. Just didn't like the whole Covid policy and after two years of not attending decided to give it up.

Some away match and tourney dates from SKWC newsletter:

- 11/6 Princeton Open (not sure who is going)
- 11/20 Roadrunner Open (not sure who is going)
- Midlands (returning but no date yet so I wonder if that's part of the hold up too...)
- 1/6 @ Bloomsburg (odd that this isn't at home)
- 1/8 @ Rider

Reactions: Jersey Boys

- Midlands (returning but no date yet so I wonder if that's part of the hold up too...)
- 1/8 @ Rider
Rider should be at the Cure Center in Trenton and not in their HS gym, but I digress.

- 1/8 @ Rider
Midlands is always 12/29 & 30.

Picture1.jpg

full schedule is finally out and there is over two months of no wrestling at the RAC, yikes. 11/11 vs Clarion and then nothing until 1/20

You mean no wrestling at the RAC period until 1/20/23.
Clarion in the barn and not part of season ticket plan.

• Angry
Clarion is at the College Avenue Gym. Only 4 RAC matches. Do season ticket holders get a refund? Disappointing home schedule except for the Big Ten.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Yup, my bad on that but either way it's a major disappointment in terms of wrestling at home.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT