ADVERTISEMENT

Big10 Wrestling Tourny seeding predictions&brackets

welcome to the B1G leagues!! lol.. This conference is the mecca of college wrestling and to be a part of it is soooo awesome!! I think our guys will be ready for the challenge.. hopefully we can steal an extra bid or two by guys stepping up!!

For the most part this tourn is tougher the Nationals. At least there u have a better chance to run into guys who are not as battle tested as u. And dont see the studs until round 2 or 3. I still think our best shot at AA is Ashnault. He needs to get very lucky with his placement at Nationals. Im sure he will get a top 12 seed as long as he places at B10. From there the lower the better ofcoarse but if he can fight-kick-scratch his first 2 matches. He will be in Qtrs. And from here u just need 1 more W. Its not the end of the world if he doesnt but just think how good that would feel for us as a team and him moving forward as a freshman AA. You would think that would have to help with recruits. (Big guys)

Don't like our spot in the 141, 149 & 157 brackets. Virtually no shot to make the finals.
This post was edited on 2/20 12:37 PM by Leonard23

Originally posted by Passe24:
For the most part this tourn is tougher the Nationals. At least there u have a better chance to run into guys who are not as battle tested as u. And dont see the studs until round 2 or 3.
eh, not to nit pick but i dont think the B1G tourney is quite NCAA level toughness top to bottom. Everyone at the NCAAs is tournament caliber (except for the one or two conf champs who otherwise wouldn't qualify). at the B1Gs between 1/2 and 2/3 are. a ridiculous amount to be sure but that still leaves a good chunk who are not NCAA level studs.

still, the B1G is rather nutso with talent. over half of the top 3 placers last year were B1G members. a did a breakdown by conference of last year's results, you can see it here.

Originally posted by Jaroslav Hasek:

For the most part this tourn is tougher the Nationals. At least there u have a better chance to run into guys who are not as battle tested as u. And dont see the studs until round 2 or 3.
eh, not to nit pick but i dont think the B1G tourney is quite NCAA level toughness top to bottom. Everyone at the NCAAs is tournament caliber (except for the one or two conf champs who otherwise wouldn't qualify). at the B1Gs between 1/2 and 2/3 are. a ridiculous amount to be sure but that still leaves a good chunk who are not NCAA level studs.

still, the B1G is rather nutso with talent. over half of the top 3 placers last year were B1G members. a did a breakdown by conference of last year's results, you can see it here.
I was watching Penn State vs Iowa match on BTN, and the announcer/analyst stated the Big Ten Tournament is 1 round behind NCAA as far as level of competition. For example the BIG Semi's would be equivalent to NCAA Quarters.

I guess its a case by case. 174 and Hwt very tough in the Big 10. 133 is ridiculous the talent in our conf. 11 spots maybe. Insane.

For the most part this tourn is tougher the Nationals. At least there u have a better chance to run into guys who are not as battle tested as u. And dont see the studs until round 2 or 3. I still think our best shot at AA is Ashnault. He needs to get very lucky with his placement at Nationals. Im sure he will get a top 12 seed as long as he places at B10. From there the lower the better ofcoarse but if he can fight-kick-scratch his first 2 matches. He will be in Qtrs. And from here u just need 1 more W. Its not the end of the world if he doesnt but just think how good that would feel for us as a team and him moving forward as a freshman AA. You would think that would have to help with recruits. (Big guys)
I actually enjoy the BIG Tournament more than Nationals,Wisky did a fabulous job last year.Unfortunately wont be able to make it this year.

ADVERTISEMENT