ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest impact from a new player?

Which new player will have the biggest splash?

• DEREK SIMPSON

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • CAM SPENCER

Votes: 127 87.0%
  • ANTWONE WOOLFOLK

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • ANTONIO CHOL

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters

Good-Knight

All Conference
Jul 21, 2008
I could make a strong argument for any of these four. I think they represent a PT threat to Jalen Miller, Dean Reiber, and Aundre Hyatt. I think one of these guys will be a bonafide star, one will be an eventual starter and two will be lost in the shuffle.

I agree on sentiment above about Spencer. It absolutely HAS to be him and it shouldn’t be close (barring injury).
Who of the other 3 is an interesting question…biggest splash or biggest contribution this year? I don’t think any of the 3 contribute much this year unless somebody above them gets injured. We have pretty solid returning pieces that are going to eat up most of the available minutes, but I hope Simpson at least flashes (splashes?) some near JY quickness during ooc piece of the schedule.

If it’s not Spencer we could have big problems this year.
Was going to post essentially the same thing. Cam is being brought in to be a starter and a scorer. If he doesn't make the biggest impact, that means he didn't live up to expectations.

I guess there is a small percent chance Simpson is just a star immediately. I love Simpson, but that is asking a lot. If Cam is a bust, the answer will be Simpson

I think that several other players can potentially step it up several notches. Caleb is a perfect example of such a rise in offensive capabilities. His games against ND in the NCAA or against the Illini when Geo was out in 2019 show glimpses of his offensive skills. I also think Derek will surprise with his overall speed and hoops IQ. HE WAS A STEAL. Then there is the possibility that Mawat or Aundrey will finally have the opportunity to not look over their respective shoulders and play at a much higher level.

I love when we put expectations on players and are already calling them out for not meeting expectations put on them by our message board junkies.

Having said that I think the expectations should be highest for Spencer since he is an experienced guy albeit against lower competition. Looking back even Geo didn’t shine until the tournament his Freshman year. RHJ only averaged 7.8 ppg his Freshman year. I would take that from any of these guys and hopefully more than 1 of these guys as long as they play D and team ball.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Biggest contributor will likely be Cam.

As far as biggest surprise of the season, I see some real potential with Woolfolk, assuming he doesn’t redshirt.

I also believe Simpson will be solid from the get-go, ala Geo.

I have Caleb at the 2 spot and Cam off the bench. But I think Cam will make the biggest splash of those mentioned because he can hit the three, it seems. I'd need to see how he defends before I'd put him at the starting 2. Just hoping he's closer to Geo than to Kiss. But Geo's high on him, so I'm probably wrong, lol.

Biggest contributor will likely be Cam.

As far as biggest surprise of the season, I see some real potential with Woolfolk, assuming he doesn’t redshirt.

I also believe Simpson will be solid from the get-go, ala Geo.
Woolfolk looked to have nice touch and finishing ability around the rim. He can pass too. Looks like he may have dropped some weight focusing on bball and it will help him be more explosive. Love 2 sport athletes, and now that he's focusing on bball only, he may reach a new level

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT