ADVERTISEMENT

BigTen Network Football Broadcast Announcer Pairings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reactions: cicero grimes
I didn’t understand that press release . It says nebraska opens the season on sept 4? I thought they play Illinois Saturday ?
It also says the first BTN primetime game of the season is Illinois -UTSA on September 4th . Does our game against temple not qualify as primetime ? It also didn’t say who is announcing our game . Terrible

I didn’t understand that press release . It says nebraska opens the season on sept 4? I thought they play Illinois Saturday ?
It also says the first BTN primetime game of the season is Illinois -UTSA on September 4th . Does our game against temple not qualify as primetime ? It also didn’t say who is announcing our game . Terrible
It says Nebraska’s season opener is Sept. 4 against Fordham. That’s accurate as they’re on the road in Champaign this Saturday.

It says Nebraska’s season opener is Sept. 4 against Fordham. That’s accurate as they’re on the road in Champaign this Saturday.
No, Nebraska’s “season opener” is this week at Illinois . That is when their season actually opens . The September 4th is their “home opener “.
it’s a terrible job there.

No, Nebraska’s “season opener” is this week at Illinois . That is when their season actually opens . The September 4th is their “home opener “.
No. A school’s season opener is a home game.

Season Opener and Home Opener used interchangeably many times by media. For Nebraska fans season opening game is Sept. 4.
No , season opener and home opener are only used interchangeably when it is the same game . Like Thursday is our season opener and home opener . For temple , it is their season opener and not home opener.

Season Opener and Home Opener used interchangeably many times by media. For Nebraska fans season opening game is Sept. 4.
What the heck are you talking about.? For nebraska fans the season opening game is September 4? I guess they won’t be paying attention this Saturday against Illinois.

What the heck are you talking about.? For nebraska fans the season opening game is September 4? I guess they won’t be paying attention this Saturday against Illinois.
You're using the words "season opener" literally and sometimes the media uses the words interchangeably with "home opener", even if the home opener is played after a road game(s). When you look up the definition of "season opener" you get:

Whats a season opener?

A home opener is a team's first game of the season on their home field.

You're using the words "season opener" literally and sometimes the media uses the words interchangeably with "home opener", even if the home opener is played after a road game(s). When you look up the definition of "season opener" you get:

Whats a season opener?

A home opener is a team's first game of the season on their home field.
You defined home opener, not season opener . Temple’s season opener is when ?

You defined home opener, not season opener . Temple’s season opener is when ?
Temple's season opener at home is Sept. 18 against Boston College.

Do you think BTN doesn't know about the Nebraska - Illinois game, or that it counts?

Temple's season opener at home is Sept. 18 against Boston College.

Do you think BTN doesn't know about the Nebraska - Illinois game, or that it counts?
Yes, but when is temple’s “season opener” ?

The dunce that wrote that presser obviously doesn’t know.

Yes, but when is temple’s “season opener” ?

The dunce that wrote that presser obviously doesn’t know.
I already answered your question about Temple's season opener. You're using the definitions literally and sometimes the media doesn't. The BTN writer is fully aware.

I already answered your question about Temple's season opener. You're using the definitions literally and sometimes the media doesn't. The BTN writer is fully aware.
Ugh!!! For the last time the season opener is when the season opens ! If you can’t understand that, I can’t help you!

Reactions: RUScrew85

One of these crews:

Additional Play-by-Play Announcers: Chris Vosters and Joe Beninati
Additional Analysts: J Leman, Stanley Jackson, and Matt McGloin

Additional Reporters: Krystle Rich and Michelle McMahon

One of these crews:

Additional Play-by-Play Announcers: Chris Vosters and Joe Beninati
Additional Analysts: J Leman, Stanley Jackson, and Matt McGloin

Additional Reporters: Krystle Rich and Michelle McMahon
Ok. Still not sure why they don’t consider the game to be in primetime.

Somewhat related, now that CBS no longer has the SEC, do you see them jumping in with Fox in the next round of TV deals. If not, what Conference does CBS end up with ?

Somewhat related, now that CBS no longer has the SEC, do you see them jumping in with Fox in the next round of TV deals. If not, what Conference does CBS end up with ?
Good question . CBS already has other college inventory . I think conference usa and maybe mountain west. They also have the army-navy game . I love CBS college football production and their theme music is the best in sports.

Until reading this thread, I have never heard anyone claim that a team's "season opener" is the first home game of the season. That's nonsense. The season opener is the first game of the season, whether that is home, away, or neutral.

Plum, I think almost all those games are on the CBS Sports Network. I meant the main CBS. If they want to go cheap, they could go with what’s left of the Big 12 plus whoever they add (if the Big 12 survives).

Plum, you are 100% correct. Apparently, according to rurm85 we open the season on sept 2, but Temple doesn’t. So I guess the game doesn’t count on temple’s schedule. it would be a shame for Temple if they win and the game doesn’t count because they haven’t opened the season yet.

Last edited:
Who would you say is BTN's no. 1 broadcast team? Also, the opener debate is one of the oddest exchanges I have witnessed on this board.
I would say it’s gaudin-Lauranitis. Although, Lauranitis has an odd take on offensive PI as we saw in the Michigan game. . Lehman is the best and most prepared analyst on that station. They should use him more.

Where do you fall on the opener debate ?

Reactions: RUPete
I would say it’s gaudin-Lauranitis. Although, Lauranitis has an odd take on offensive PI as we saw in the Michigan game. . Lehman is the best and most prepared analyst on that station. They should use him more.

Where do you fall on the opener debate ?
You really have not had your opener until you win a game. So in 1997, we never opened at all. That said, I'm open to further discussion on this issue.

• Haha
Reactions: RUonBrain
You really have not had your opener until you win a game. So in 1997, we never opened at all. That said, I'm open to further discussion on this issue.
But if you can’t open , how can you close the season ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT