ADVERTISEMENT

BigTen Network Football Broadcast Announcer Pairings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plum, you are 100% correct. Apparently, according to rutrumpet, we open the season on sept 2, but Temple doesn’t. So I guess the game doesn’t count on temple’s schedule. it would be a shame for Temple if they win and the game doesn’t count because they haven’t opened the season yet.
You have me confused with someone else. Temple's SEASON OPENER will be in one week at Rutgers, 6:30 PM.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Plum, you are 100% correct. Apparently, according to rurm85 we open the season on sept 2, but Temple doesn’t. So I guess the game doesn’t count on temple’s schedule. it would be a shame for Temple if they win and the game doesn’t count because they haven’t opened the season yet.
You’re correct if you narrowly define Temple’s season opener based on your perspective as first game on the schedule.

Guess that ticket scanners next Thursday will need to accept Temple tickets with Game No. 1 on them. You may find your seat occupied by a Temple fan.

Guess that BTN cast and crew responsible for working the game may find ESPN (or CBS personnel) already on the job. After all it’s Temple’s season opener and that’s the team they’re contracted to perform services for.

Temple’s 2021 season will have multiple openers depending on your perspective and definition.

You’re correct if you narrowly define Temple’s season opener based on your perspective as first game on the schedule.

Guess that ticket scanners next Thursday will need to accept Temple tickets with Game No. 1 on them. You may find your seat occupied by a Temple fan.

Guess that BTN cast and crew responsible for working the game may find ESPN (or CBS personnel) already on the job. After all it’s Temple’s season opener and that’s the team they’re contracted to perform services for.

Temple’s 2021 season will have multiple openers depending on your perspective and definition.
any tickets sold by Temple for their season opener, and I assume they were allotted a certain number, will be accepted because those tickets will be for the game at RU on Sept 2. Any tickets for their home opener will not be accepted because they will be for a different game. And yes, Temple, this year, has two openers. Their season opener at RU and their home opener which, I assume, will be the following week in Philly.

any tickets sold by Temple for their season opener, and I assume they were allotted a certain number, will be accepted because those tickets will be for the game at RU on Sept 2. Any tickets for their home opener will not be accepted because they will be for a different game. And yes, Temple, this year, has two openers. Their season opener at RU and their home opener which, I assume, will be the following week in Philly.
I didn't reference visitors allotment of tickets for a road game. Temple's 1st home game ticket is Game No. 1 at Lincoln.

Ok, Temple has multiple openers as we agree. You specifically define a difference between season opener (1st game on the a schedule) and home opener (1st home game of the season).

Some have a looser definition, and use the terms incorrectly or correctly depending upon one's perspective. For ESPN cast/crew they don't cover the Temple - Rutgers game. They may open up coverage for the first time during week No. 2. So for them, they may view the 2nd week's game as their opening game. For the home crowd the season's opening home game may be viewed as the opener.

I didn’t understand that press release . It says nebraska opens the season on sept 4? I thought they play Illinois Saturday ?
It also says the first BTN primetime game of the season is Illinois -UTSA on September 4th . Does our game against temple not qualify as primetime ? It also didn’t say who is announcing our game . Terrible
You are Right.

I didn't reference visitors allotment of tickets for a road game. Temple's 1st home game ticket is Game No. 1 at Lincoln.

Ok, Temple has multiple openers as we agree. You specifically define a difference between season opener (1st game on the a schedule) and home opener (1st home game of the season).

Some have a looser definition, and use the terms incorrectly or correctly depending upon one's perspective. For ESPN cast/crew they don't cover the Temple - Rutgers game. They may open up coverage for the first time during week No. 2. So for them, they may view the 2nd week's game as their opening game. For the home crowd the season's opening home game may be viewed as the opener.
Did you receive a blow to the head recently?

Season Opener and Home Opener used interchangeably many times by media. For Nebraska fans season opening game is Sept. 4.
So if a team opens the year with three straight home games and a bye week, their season doesn't open until October???? LOL!!

Reactions: Plum Street
So if a team opens the year with three straight home games and a bye week, their season doesn't open until October???? LOL!!
Team opens up with 3 straight home games? What are you talking about? Are you slow? If you meant opening up with 3 straight "road" games, then yes, the Season's Home Opener is in October.

BTN should have used "Nebraska's season home opener" instead of" Nebraska's season opener" and if you can't figure what they meant, not sure what to say. But then you don't know the difference between a home game and a road game, so I'm not surprised.

Another poster that's slow in the head and can't read. Hey RUScrew85, screw you.
You, who doesn’t know the difference between a home schedule and tickets issued for it and a season schedule that includes away games, accuses someone of being slow in the head. Please tell me you graduated from Seton Hall.

Another poster that's slow in the head and can't read. Hey RUScrew85, screw you.
Use the @ sign in front of the name of the user you mention in your posts. Nice job with the double quoting too.

And really, get that head wound looked at.

Last edited:
Nice job with the double quoting too.

Nice job with the double quoting too.

You, who doesn’t know the difference between a home schedule and tickets issued for it and a season schedule that includes away games, accuses someone of being slow in the head. Please tell me you graduated from Seton Hall.
No I graduated from Rutgers Engineering with my Bachelors then went on to Carnegie-Mellon for 2 Master Degrees - MBA and another Business Masters.

if you can't follow that the Home Opener of the season is Game 1 on your Rutgers ticket, not sure what to say. Go join the Slow Club.

No I graduated from Rutgers Engineering with my Bachelors then went on to Carnegie-Mellon for 2 Master Degrees - MBA and another Business Masters.

if you can't follow that the Home Opener of the season is Game 1 on your Rutgers ticket, not sure what to say. Go join the Slow Club.
Hey I updated my post with more help for you.

You know that cleaning the Engineering building doesn't actually convey an Engineering degree, right?

I'm skeptical because you don't even have a good handle on posting on the internet.

It is game 1 of your home schedule not necessarily the season. According to you every season of mlb and nfl and nba etc play it’s “season opener” and it doesn’t count for the road team. If you have season tickets to the Yankees they are numbered 1 - 81. But the mlb season is 162 games. The other 81 are part of the season.

I think we have gotten off track here. The most important point here is that , under no circumstances, can Matt Millen Announce our games.

Reactions: RUScrew85
It is game 1 of your home schedule not necessarily the season. According to you every season of mlb and nfl and nba etc play it’s “season opener” and it doesn’t count for the road team. If you have season tickets to the Yankees they are numbered 1 - 81. But the mlb season is 162 games. The other 81 are part of the season.
Never stated that. Stated some teams have multiple Openers in a season. If a team opens up on the road during a season, they have multiple openers 1 to start the season and another for their home opener.

Last edited:
Hey I updated my post with more help for you.

You know that cleaning the Engineering building doesn't actually convey an Engineering degree, right?

I'm skeptical because you don't even have a good handle on posting on the internet.
And your less than zero drivel that you've added to this thread constitutes a handling of posting on the internet?

• Haha
Reactions: RUScrew85
Never stated that. Stated some teams have multiple Openers in a season. If a team opens up on the road during a season, they have multiple openers 1 to start the season and another for their home opner.
Please just stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT