ADVERTISEMENT

BigTen Tournament Thread

I am growing soft as i get old
I root for LEE, Marinelli & Kemmerer.

Cant wait until they graduate so i can go back to rooting against all Iowa Wrestlers.
I had no problem with Starocci until I heard him say that about Labriola. You just won in a hard fought sudden victory 3-1 and you're really going to disrespect your opponent like that? Come on. So I became a big Kremmerer fan.

The comments from Iowa Staff was just comical during Brands loss to Poz...You can hear everything so clear from Dad Terry and Uncle Tommy...Classic!
Yup. At the end I think they yelled ”ref interference” in the last few seconds. Then, when they were squaring off, time had already expired and you could hear Donnie screaming at the ref, “What are you doing? The match is over.”

Considering the issues of this season this was a very good tournament by the team and a lot to be excited for at nationals and next year. I am so impressed with Poz overall as a freshman at an upper weight. Sky is the limit. Turley has one bad moment getting caught but holy sh!t is that guy gonna sell tickets next year.

I had no problem with Starocci until I heard him say that about Labriola. You just won in a hard fought sudden victory 3-1 and you're really going to disrespect your opponent like that? Come on. So I became a big Kremmerer fan.
Maybe a hot take but I wish more wrestlers talked shit. It’s a combat sport, be combative.

Maybe a hot take but I wish more wrestlers talked shit. It’s a combat sport, be combative.
Nah, I was never taught to disrespect my opponent so I'll never understand it. Must be a young kid thing, too me it shows immaturity, this isn't the WWF. But then again I could see why you want it, bring more young fans to the sport which in turn brings their parents.

when i see how poz was dominated by brooks. it reminded me of shnaulty
getting a beat down by steiber as a rs freshman. i believe the score was 9-1...look how it turned out for the greatest wrestler in state, and ru history.....i'm really impressed by poz because he's at an upper weight....he will only get stronger....they were talking about brooks possibly being the first five time big ten champ.....not so fast
fellas....i wouldn't count out the "pozitive pole.

As a side note spencer lee might be the most dominant wrestler I have ever seen in college. I always had Sanderson number one but what lee is doing to opponents is jaw dropping. Forget even being challenged for the victory they can’t even get to the third period.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Few thoughts and then some responses. First and foremost is a HUUGEEEE shout out to MVB. A tourney not many would have predicted. Unfortunately after beating #2, #3, and #5, he will probably only be ranked #15. Just kidding. What an effort. Poz, close 1b as a TF. He looked great and is such an slick guy. Seabass? Very good effort and oh so close to making the final. The seeds held rank. Seabass revenge in the NCAAs I hope.

Don't want that kid any where near our wrestlers. He's simply barbaric and an asshole(like father/uncle, like son) with the biting and scratching.

You didnt get your wish, but Poz and the RU supporters got one better. A win and 3rd place as a true freshman. Outstanding effort by Poz the entire weekend..

What the fvck is this ref doing? At some point Blockhaus has to get him to the mat. Mike was up at 22 sec. mark and isn't awarded the escape till 2 secs. left. That whole time they're standing.

I was perplexed. I thought it was 15 seconds and he didnt do diddly squat..and no call. The TV felt my wrath.

in other news..watching the Big 12 finals on espn 2 and AJ Ferrari is in the finals coming up next at 197. Damn would have been a great get for RU.

Reactions: njsportsphan
Nah, I was never taught to disrespect my opponent so I'll never understand it. Must be a young kid thing, too me it shows immaturity, this isn't the WWF. But then again I could see why you want it, bring more young fans to the sport which in turn brings their parents.
I don’t think wrestlers should flex over their opponents after losses or anything like that, but I like a little bit of fire. Suriano and DeSanto don’t like each other, and their matches are must see. To a certain extent it’s good for the sport.

Steveson is a bad MF.
He's the most obnoxious college wrestler I have ever watched. That being said, he's probably majoring in drama with a business minor, which will put him in position to make millions in the WWF. $$$$

As a side note spencer lee might be the most dominant wrestler I have ever seen in college. I always had Sanderson number one but what lee is doing to opponents is jaw dropping. Forget even being challenged for the victory they can’t even get to the third period.
Except for losing twice to Sebastian Rivera two years ago.

Reactions: DUForever
I hope he does
Me too. I considered MVB a weak point until this year. Off the whistle in his first match, I saw a different wrestler. I consider MVB to be the star of the Rutgers contingent at the B1G. I have to wonder where he would have finished if it were not for that slow start. I hope he can come out ready to go at nationals. He's had close matches but that's all that's needed. He can AA if he can wrestle the entire tournament with no brain farts.

I like Turley too. Same deal, he needs to be more careful but his style may not allow for it. He can surprise... or disappoint. I was asking for him before the season started.

Poz wrestled to what I've expected from him. He has great potential. I think he will close the gap if given another opportunity to wrestle Brooks. He'll have to defend his legs better against that caliber wrestler.

Seabass proved that he is right up there. I don't think those tangled scrambles will work well with Eirmann and he can't look past Red.

Pretty much no surprises from the other guys, save the upset by Shawver. Would have rather seen Boone in there.

ADVERTISEMENT