ADVERTISEMENT

BK IN 118

I just said in bac's thread that I had no tears, only huge grins...well, you just ruined it - just got all misty thinking about how great a fan BK has been and what this probably means to him.
Oh come on numbers. I was misty as all hell when the clock went to 0, and then a big grin came across my face. LOL.

I have an image of BK as an old man with a long beard and a staff, standing on Mount Nebo looking across the River Jordan at the land of milk and brackets.

As someone whose been an RU fan since joining the faculty in 1976 (another good year), I'm metaphorically standing right next to BK and the rest of the RU fans.

It's a good day here in New Zealand. Congrats to all!

Last edited:
I have an image of BK as an old man with a long beard and a staff, standing on Mount Nebo looking across the River Jordan at the land of milk and brackets.

As someone whose been an RU since joining the faculty in 1976 (another good year), I'm metaphorically standing right next to BK and the rest of the RU fans.

Actually, I think he's at the top of Frelinghuysen overlooking the Raritan with a fat cat in his hand...

As someone whose been an RU since joining the faculty in 1976 (another good year), I'm metaphorically standing right next to BK and the rest of the RU fans.

We all are as he represents all of us.

First the players. Peter Kiss and the walk ons contributes more than all the fans making all the noise the RAC can contain.
Then the coaches.
Then the managers and trainers.
Then the families of the players, coaches, managers and trainers.
Then BK!
Then the RU administrators and Board members that support RU athletics.
Then former players and coaches.
Then the students.
Then the alumni who support RU - not the ones who don't.
Then the fans.
Then the people who hear the Rutgers story and wish us well.
Then the people who pick RU in bracket because they have a hunch.

Reactions: BKIn118
Been following RU MBB since Bill Foster was HC. Loved the 76 team and the image they built for RU BB.

And then RU fans got little to nothing for a very long time, especially the last 30 years. I honestly thought getting to the tourney was unrealistic for us until last year.

Today’s win at Purdue is one of my favorite RU BB wins of all time. Big underdogs, needing a W on senior day in their building and needing a W to get into the tourney. Delivered as a team on the rise. Congratulations to the team and go RU!

Been following RU MBB since Bill Foster was HC. Loved the 76 team and the image they built for RU BB.

And then RU fans got little to nothing for a very long time, especially the last 30 years. I honestly thought getting to the tourney was unrealistic for us until last year.

Today’s win at Purdue is one of my favorite RU BB wins of all time. Big underdogs, needing a W on senior day in their building and needing a W to get into the tourney. Delivered as a team on the rise. Congratulations to the team and go RU!
Me too.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Absolutely. He deserves it - as do all fans who make it to the games. He’s the craziest - but still hope he really enjoys planning the trip!!

I'm BK's honor I just drove by Desert Financial Arena where ASU will be facing off against a mediocre Washington squad. The Jewlucya, which is the semitic version of the molucya was dropped on the arena. All is well. Go Huskies!!!!

Upon further review go Cougars. ASU playing Wash State not Washington. Either way anything to elevate us and downgrade them for Cliff O

Thanks for all the kind words!

My life has changed quite a bit in the past few years...new job, father passing away after an extended illness, buying a new home, etc.

When I stepped away from the Court Club to help care for my Dad, it signaled a priority change. As such my days of making every away game came to an end (we couldn't make it to Purdue today, settled for Princeton's senior night at Jadwin) Still, we've made more than our fair share...and most likely have seen more live Rutgers Basketball since 2001 than anyone else, with the possible exception of Randi Larsen.

We followed Rutgers basketball so vigilantly during these past 2 decades because we enjoyed it. The losing never mattered because it was always about more than W and L...it was about supporting the kids wearing the R.

I won't bore you guys with the gory details any further. Maybe somebody will write another story about it at some point. It's mind blowing that we could be thought of so fondly just from following our hearts and being the best fans of this program we know how.

We aren't planning on stopping anytime soon. On to Indy on Tuesday night!

My life has changed quite a bit in the past few years...new job, father passing away after an extended illness, buying a new home, etc.

When I stepped away from the Court Club to help care for my Dad, it signaled a priority change. As such my days of making every away game came to an end (we couldn't make it to Purdue today, settled for Princeton's senior night at Jadwin) Still, we've made more than our fair share...and most likely have seen more live Rutgers Basketball since 2001 than anyone else, with the possible exception of Randi Larsen.

We followed Rutgers basketball so vigilantly during these past 2 decades because we enjoyed it. The losing never mattered because it was always about more than W and L...it was about supporting the kids wearing the R.

I won't bore you guys with the gory details any further. Maybe somebody will write another story about it at some point. It's mind blowing that we could be thought of so fondly just from following our hearts and being the best fans of this program we know how.

How often have we been told Athletics reads the Boards.

Well, someone better have read this one.

BK and Janet are the best!

Yesterday was a glorious day for them and for all of Rutgers Nation!

We’ll cya in Indy!

Hey, BK? Randi perhaps. But, what about me?

Paul.

My bad! My memory isn't what it used to be! Couldn't remember when you started on the radio broadcasts!

So...to correct...

Randi and Paul

:Wink:
That’s OK. Randi has a much more vital role with the team and is just, in general, a much nicer person.

ADVERTISEMENT