ADVERTISEMENT

Black Rutgers Hat with NJ outline

Randal7

All American
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2009
Does any retailer sell this *gal darned* thing? Ive been looking for a year. Apparently i either suck at epurchasing or Rutgers didnt feel the need to license this great product for sale...

9363966.png

Is it really that hard to get this stuff right????

Also can we please get some $hit up on tommy bahama? Every school worth mentioning has items up there

Hate to complain but, frankly, its very annoying.

I had a conversation with someone from Athletics on Saturday at the practice. Rutgers has signed on with a few new vendors and there should be product for sale come September. For the life of me I can't remember the companies she mentioned (Tommy Bahama was not one...I'd remember that one). The same way Vineyard Vines stuff was sold in the shop on the lower concourse these other companies will be selling their stuff there as well.

More annoying to me is that adidas is our official athletic brand yet there is next to nothing Rutgers on their website and there is zero.....seriously zero items for women.

the age old problem of no one wants to make stuff that they are not going to sell is at hand here. Rutgers fans aren't buying stuff because the team is not doing well. Once we start winning (God, please, let us start winning) there will be stuff. Doreen Ash went so far as to email a jewelry company 2 years ago asking for RU stuff. She got the "we don't think there is a market" reply.

EDIT: Peter Millar clothing is one of the lines I was told would be carrying RU stuff. Based on the list of Colleges they currently carry it seems that Rutgers might be the only one they are missing.

https://www.petermillar.com/c/c/school-finder.html

Last edited:
I had a conversation with someone from Athletics on Saturday at the practice. Rutgers has signed on with a few new vendors and there should be product for sale come September. For the life of me I can't remember the companies she mentioned (Tommy Bahama was not one...I'd remember that one). The same way Vineyard Vines stuff was sold in the shop on the lower concourse these other companies will be selling their stuff there as well.

More annoying to me is that adidas is our official athletic brand yet there is next to nothing Rutgers on their website and there is zero.....seriously zero items for women.

the age old problem of no one wants to make stuff that they are not going to sell is at hand here. Rutgers fans aren't buying stuff because the team is not doing well. Once we start winning (God, please, let us start winning) there will be stuff. Doreen Ash went so far as to email a jewelry company 2 years ago asking for RU stuff. She got the "we don't think there is a market" reply.

Woof.

Love Vineyard Vines but will never buy any of their Rutgers themed apparel as their logo is much more prominent than anything Rutgers on it.

Maybe that will change some day but until it does Scarlet Fever will do.

Love Vineyard Vines but will never buy any of their Rutgers themed apparel as their logo is much more prominent than anything Rutgers on it.

Maybe that will change some day but until it does Scarlet Fever will do.

Agree. I bought some vineyard vines stuff anyway to support the relationship but you are right...the logo is small. The womens white vest is real nice. My wife loves it

Bring Greg back, see a big spike in merchandise sales

EDIT: Peter Millar clothing is one of the lines I was told would be carrying RU stuff. Based on the list of Colleges they currently carry it seems that Rutgers might be the only one they are missing.

Interesting you mention Peter Millar. I spoke with one of their sales directors/ strategic partners guys last year Ben at an event. Mentioned Rutgers was the only team in a major conference that is not included within their line. He said he would look into it and would get back to me. Contacted me within a week and said he would get the ball rolling. The issue once again was a Rutgers licensing issue not a provider/vendor issue.

Been saying for decades how small time the thinking in the marketing/licensing department has been.

Does any retailer sell this *gal darned* thing? Ive been looking for a year. Apparently i either suck at epurchasing or Rutgers didnt feel the need to license this great product for sale...

9363966.png
Same. Why is this so hard to find?//

Reactions: Randal7
Reactions: Knight Shift

Vineyard Vines sells Rutgers stuff? I like their slim fit performance shirts. Great on the course.

Steve at Scarlet Fever said earlier in Month..

SF88Senior
Gold Member

New

Any insight on where to get a hat with a NJ State outline and a block R on it?

The R is not permitted to be placed over the state. Can't make that up...unfortunately

28 SF88, Aug 6, 2019

Steve at Scarlet Fever said earlier in Month..

SF88Senior
Gold Member

New

Any insight on where to get a hat with a NJ State outline and a block R on it?

The R is not permitted to be placed over the state. Can't make that up...unfortunately

28 SF88, Aug 6, 2019

What about a seperate state outline? Even if you don't put the R over it, put the R on the side and the state on the front. Can you do that?

Can people quit acting like Adidas is 'giving us special attention' with the tier one BS? It's all just a false bill of goods. It was an opportunity for them to steal a school from Nike on the cheap. And that contract was cheap. So they can save their nickels and turn around and pay Pitino under the table.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
The number of places to get Rutgers gear is probably in the hundreds and there are thousands of Rutgers items out there now. It is like night and day compared to 2006. Randal, check on page four on a thread titled “Buying Rutgers Gear.” I posted a list with tons of companies. There are plenty of others out there that I have forgotten or that I don’t know about.

Can people quit acting like Adidas is 'giving us special attention' with the tier one BS? It's all just a false bill of goods. It was an opportunity for them to steal a school from Nike on the cheap. And that contract was cheap. So they can save their nickels and turn around and pay Pitino under the table.

actually, adidas makes a lot of Rutgers stuff that the athletic staff gets to wear .....male and female. A lot of it is very nice. Unfortunately it's not for sale to the general public.

Vineyard Vines sells Rutgers stuff? I like their slim fit performance shirts. Great on the course.

yep, started last year I believe. They were selling it in that shop on the lower concourse but you can get it online too

https://www.vineyardvines.com/rutgers/

Reactions: Jm0513
+1

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
yep, started last year I believe. They were selling it in that shop on the lower concourse but you can get it online too

https://www.vineyardvines.com/rutgers/
Interesting link.

Unless things have changed some of those pictured have the Vineyard Vines labels on them already?

I know the men’s Shepshirt usually does and their logo is much bigger than the R you get put on it.

Would be nice if I’m wrong here.

Interesting link.

Unless things have changed some of those pictured have the Vineyard Vines labels on them already?

I know the men’s Shepshirt usually does and their logo is much bigger than the R you get put on it.

Would be nice if I’m wrong here.

they all have Vineyard Vines labels on them. I looked at the products when they were at the stadium but didn't buy anything. A friend of mine bought one of everything. Not sure about size of the R vs. the VV logo, but I would swear I read somewhere that the VV was more prominent than the R

they all have Vineyard Vines labels on them. I looked at the products when they were at the stadium but didn't buy anything. A friend of mine bought one of everything. Not sure about size of the R vs. the VV logo, but I would swear I read somewhere that the VV was more prominent than the R

The VV logo is very prominent, yes, especially on the Shep Shirt. But the Shep Shirt is such a great item you can sort of look past it or forgive them for that transgression...

The women's vest is pretty good, not a big VV logo there.

The number of places to get Rutgers gear is probably in the hundreds and there are thousands of Rutgers items out there now. It is like night and day compared to 2006. Randal, check on page four on a thread titled “Buying Rutgers Gear.” I posted a list with tons of companies. There are plenty of others out there that I have forgotten or that I don’t know about.

I get that... And I buy Rutgers stuff from all over the place. The original question was regarding that hat. Do they sell it or not?

That’s what I thought too. But in the link the men’s one don’t show it.

At my Son’s school they sell them as well but their label is much bigger than his school’s logo.

Again, would love to be wrong but seems to be a little false internet advertising by the VV people here.

That’s what I thought too. But in the link the men’s one don’t show it.

At my Son’s school they sell them as well but their label is much bigger than his school’s logo.

Again, would love to be wrong but seems to be a little false internet advertising by the VV people here.

I've got one at home i'll take a picture of and send to you...it's a nice piece of clothing. Definitely more comfortable than most other Rutgers stuff I've bought.

The Colleseum line of rutgers stuff is pretty comfortable too, but aesthetically sometimes can leave something to be desired...

Randal, just give them a call. I did that a couple years ago when I was trying to get a Rutgers sofa cover and everyone was out. I actually called the manufacturer directly and they could not have been more helpful. They told me when they would be ready for their retailers so I knew ahead of time when I could buy. Sorry, I can’t find that hat you mentioned. I did find something a little different than you usually see out there-onestopfanshop.com has a Rutgers hat with a red and white flag with an R on it.

ADVERTISEMENT