ADVERTISEMENT

Black Rutgers Hat with NJ outline

Randal, just give them a call. I did that a couple years ago when I was trying to get a Rutgers sofa cover and everyone was out. I actually called the manufacturer directly and they could not have been more helpful. They told me when they would be ready for their retailers so I knew ahead of time when I could buy. Sorry, I can’t find that hat you mentioned. I did find something a little different than you usually see out there-onestopfanshop.com has a Rutgers hat with a red and white flag with an R on it.

I have no idea whos manufacturing that hat. Is it Adidas? Do our coaches only wear Adidas stuff?

did you try emailing them? My guess is that they made one production...it sold out and they decided not to make any more. stupid not to take it down off of the website though.

Good idea. As you can see, I have many built up frustrations w/ rutgers apparel... I especially like classic varsity-sweater looks. Every B1G team has that stuff out there to buy...except for one school...you guessed it. RU RAH RAH...

Randal, I know this is not what you mentioned, but there is a store in the Monmouth Mall that sells red and black hats with an N and a J logo that looks like the Yankees logo. I like it myself. Can’t say 100 percent if they still have them since I don’t get up that way often.

I've been having the ADK outlet in Lake Placid make me custom RU stuff for a couple years now... That's the only way to satiate this need....Place is great.

adk-outlet-full_1.jpg

adkoutletstore1.jpg

Randal, as for the hat you want, check the staff directory at scarlet knights.com. They have phone numbers and emails for everyone in Rutgers athletics from admins to marketing to coaches.

For those who want to make their own Rutgers stuff, the Rutgers Bookstore in New Brunswick sells Rutgers embroidered R s for about $5. As far as I know they still sell them. I had a shirt made up once. Local cleaners sewed it on for only $5 or 6 dollars.

I've got one at home i'll take a picture of and send to you...it's a nice piece of clothing. Definitely more comfortable than most other Rutgers stuff I've bought.
I have a few Shepshirts and agree. Very comfy. But if it’s Rutgers apparel I want people to notice that first before the brand.

Steve at Scarlet Fever said earlier in Month..

SF88Senior
Gold Member

New

Any insight on where to get a hat with a NJ State outline and a block R on it?

The R is not permitted to be placed over the state. Can't make that up...unfortunately

28 SF88, Aug 6, 2019
I saw stuff advertised on Kohl’s site with NJ and Block R. It was on T-shirt’s.

Kudos, that's very close. Just offensive to the senses, is the only problem. But very close from a nuts and bolts perspective
Are those responsible for the web site color blind? That looks like peach or salmon. Not scarlet. Does anyone have any pull to just get a black or grey hat with this logo please.

Reactions: Randal7
Are those responsible for the web site color blind? That looks like peach or salmon. Not scarlet. Does anyone have any pull to just get a black or grey hat with this logo please.

clearly not. Your best bet, and that of @Randal7 is to go online to the multitude of custom baseball caps and have one custom made. they cost about $20

Reactions: Randal7
That hat looks embroidered - you could probably just bring a blank black hat to an embroidery place and they could run it through a computer program and produce the same design with little effort. Don't think it's really that expensive since its a small design. You would need a clear photo of the design.

That hat looks embroidered - you could probably just bring a blank black hat to an embroidery place and they could run it through a computer program and produce the same design with little effort. Don't think it's really that expensive since its a small design. You would need a clear photo of the design.
Similar patch here (says it is 2.5 inches) for $1.79:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/209397...MIiYL778WD5AIVc__jBx3JZgKgEAQYASABEgI2R_D_BwE
il_794xN.675841299_mig2.jpg

Plain black baseball cap from Amazon: $9.94
Amazon product ASIN B00MU4098C
Grand total under $12.

Someone needs to sew it on.

Could be a heat press patch - doesn't really say. All you would need to do is find a t-shirt store with a hat press to put it on for you. Or just buy one and start a hat business.

Reactions: Knight Shift

As you can see from the pic, it’s a coach wearing that hat. Often times, as others have stated, the athletic department or coaching staffs will have items that aren’t available to the general public. As someone else stated, there’s nothing Rutgers about the hat as shown. I could make an Adidas hat just like that with a NJ embroidered logo.

Fire away with RU gear questions. It’s usually related to simple supply/demand issue. Licensing works in strange ways sometimes too

As you can see from the pic, it’s a coach wearing that hat. Often times, as others have stated, the athletic department or coaching staffs will have items that aren’t available to the general public. As someone else stated, there’s nothing Rutgers about the hat as shown. I could make an Adidas hat just like that with a NJ embroidered logo.

Fire away with RU gear questions. It’s usually related to simple supply/demand issue. Licensing works in strange ways sometimes too

Ok can u make it for me please?

Scarlet Fever in New Brunswick— phone is 732-247-4678 and website is rutgersfever.com . Some items in the store are not on their website.

yup, I'll do a handful. Should have by next week!
awesome! will they be in the store next week Steve?
alledgedly Mike Greengarten was the guy behind the hats,from what I heard.

Reactions: rucoe89
About 3or 4 years ago I was at a street fair at one of the Jersey shore towns. Young man there who was selling various items like ties, tees hats etc. thing is he made them and there were some wit college logo’s on them. Asked if he had any RU stuff and he said no because they,RU, would t give him permission to sell. Had something to do with licensing

About 3or 4 years ago I was at a street fair at one of the Jersey shore towns. Young man there who was selling various items like ties, tees hats etc. thing is he made them and there were some wit college logo’s on them. Asked if he had any RU stuff and he said no because they,RU, would t give him permission to sell. Had something to do with licensing

I encountered the same thing earlier this year at a street fair. Guy said Rutgers licensing is so restrictive that he stopped even trying . I emailed marketing about it because someone brought it to their attention but I'm going to take a wild guess and say nothing came of it despite the fact that they asked me for the guys contact info

I encountered the same thing earlier this year at a street fair. Guy said Rutgers licensing is so restrictive that he stopped even trying . I emailed marketing about it because someone brought it to their attention but I'm going to take a wild guess and say nothing came of it despite the fact that they asked me for the guys contact info
what I don't understand is why would they restrict someone who is willing to promote the brand. I would think they would want that our there.

ADVERTISEMENT