ADVERTISEMENT

Black Rutgers Hat with NJ outline

I predict some rocket scientist at RU marketing will attempt to stop Steve at Scarlet Fever from making these hats.
You would also think someone would wake up at Ru Marketing and sell the hats they made for coaches at Scarlet fever.
Then again we see at a smaller level why the Football program is at the level its at currently and why the Schiano approach of micro managing the program himself worked at RU.

Also, can I ask this question (rhetorically) -- why the hell has this Hillflint item been sold out in all sizes for 3 years? Can somebody please help me understand that?

https://hillflint.com/products/rutgers-letter-sweater-scarlet

c6e1de1ff41c5977106bb769eee2345c_1440x.progressive.jpg

They didn't anticipate selling more than four of them? LOL

Reactions: ManasquanMike
I encountered the same thing earlier this year at a street fair. Guy said Rutgers licensing is so restrictive that he stopped even trying . I emailed marketing about it because someone brought it to their attention but I'm going to take a wild guess and say nothing came of it despite the fact that they asked me for the guys contact info
I am sure nothing came of it. When I spoke with the guy from Peter Millar. There are no minimums that need to be sold to start the relationship. There is no inventory. Each piece is custom embroidered. All this had to do with was the "Rutgers licensing department did not respond to inquiry." His words not mine.

I am sure nothing came of it. When I spoke with the guy from Peter Millar. There are no minimums that need to be sold to start the relationship. There is no inventory. Each piece is custom embroidered. All this had to do with was the "Rutgers licensing department did not respond to inquiry." His words not mine.

not sure if you saw my earlier post but Peter Millar is on board with Rutgers this year. We should start seeing stuff soon.

not sure if you saw my earlier post but Peter Millar is on board with Rutgers this year. We should start seeing stuff soon.
Saw that. Was responding to the other post about the licensing department being restrictive. Peter Millar would have been happy to be supplying their merchandise years ago. The issue was on Rutgers side not demand for their product.

Reactions: MrsScrew

I have an image in my head of some "lifer" in RU Marketing reading through their emails every morning...
"...junk..." <delete>
"...junk..." <delete>
"...junk..." <delete>
"...junk..." <delete>
"So many spam emails, of people wanting to license our brand..."

Reactions: BlockR and MrsScrew
Does any retailer sell this *gal darned* thing? Ive been looking for a year. Apparently i either suck at epurchasing or Rutgers didnt feel the need to license this great product for sale...

9363966.png
So, I see this on Twitter, and wonder, where can I get such a hat? I searched Google black baseball cap with NJ logo, and I was directed to this thread. No stores selling this?

Reactions: Randal7
They are only team made hats. Meaning that adidas makes specific team issued hear for all the sports teams that are not sold to public.
only way you can get these is through a hookup within the athletic dept or a team meme er potentially.
They had some team specific gear at the court club auction on Sunday and that’s about it. Been searching for this hat for years now as I saw a grey one behind worn at the football game and it’s great

They are only team made hats. Meaning that adidas makes specific team issued hear for all the sports teams that are not sold to public.
only way you can get these is through a hookup within the athletic dept or a team meme er potentially.
They had some team specific gear at the court club auction on Sunday and that’s about it. Been searching for this hat for years now as I saw a grey one behind worn at the football game and it’s great

Also been searching for this hat for a couple years. Last month I was at Olive Branch and the bartender had one on - I got excited and asked him where he picked it up and he said a Rutgers golf outing :/

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
I had a conversation with someone from Athletics on Saturday at the practice. Rutgers has signed on with a few new vendors and there should be product for sale come September. For the life of me I can't remember the companies she mentioned (Tommy Bahama was not one...I'd remember that one). The same way Vineyard Vines stuff was sold in the shop on the lower concourse these other companies will be selling their stuff there as well.

More annoying to me is that adidas is our official athletic brand yet there is next to nothing Rutgers on their website and there is zero.....seriously zero items for women.

the age old problem of no one wants to make stuff that they are not going to sell is at hand here. Rutgers fans aren't buying stuff because the team is not doing well. Once we start winning (God, please, let us start winning) there will be stuff. Doreen Ash went so far as to email a jewelry company 2 years ago asking for RU stuff. She got the "we don't think there is a market" reply.

EDIT: Peter Millar clothing is one of the lines I was told would be carrying RU stuff. Based on the list of Colleges they currently carry it seems that Rutgers might be the only one they are missing.

https://www.petermillar.com/c/c/school-finder.html

Really want to stock up on those old school jerseys but can’t find them anywhere.

This is true.

My Sons play college hockey and the stuff I want is just made for them. I can get similar merchandise but not the real deal.

Which they both remind me constantly. LOL

Reactions: Knight Shift
Mrs Screw, Vael Designs (Rutgers grad), Rally House, and Boscovs has a bunch of Rutgers jewelry.

I had a conversation with someone from Athletics on Saturday at the practice. Rutgers has signed on with a few new vendors and there should be product for sale come September. For the life of me I can't remember the companies she mentioned (Tommy Bahama was not one...I'd remember that one). The same way Vineyard Vines stuff was sold in the shop on the lower concourse these other companies will be selling their stuff there as well.

More annoying to me is that adidas is our official athletic brand yet there is next to nothing Rutgers on their website and there is zero.....seriously zero items for women.

the age old problem of no one wants to make stuff that they are not going to sell is at hand here. Rutgers fans aren't buying stuff because the team is not doing well. Once we start winning (God, please, let us start winning) there will be stuff. Doreen Ash went so far as to email a jewelry company 2 years ago asking for RU stuff. She got the "we don't think there is a market" reply.

EDIT: Peter Millar clothing is one of the lines I was told would be carrying RU stuff. Based on the list of Colleges they currently carry it seems that Rutgers might be the only one they are missing.

Good news on Peter Millar. Their stuff rules.

For you guys and gals that like higher priced Rutgers gear—

I don't know who this guy is but he tags me (and 100 other people) in his Tweets every time he puts on a new hat (he had like a million Rutgers hats). At any rate, this might fit someone's bill....not sure where he got it though

I don't know who this guy is but he tags me (and 100 other people) in his Tweets every time he puts on a new hat (he had like a million Rutgers hats). At any rate, this might fit someone's bill....not sure where he got it though

i like that. Back in the day i had a tat designed that was very similar, but never pulled the trigger. Two times I went in and got tired of waiting so I figured it was a sign.

So, I see this on Twitter, and wonder, where can I get such a hat? I searched Google black baseball cap with NJ logo, and I was directed to this thread. No stores selling this?

@Randal7

I cracked the code. I had a contact in development ask to get me the hat above, which arrived today (sort of). The hat is white with the red NJ logo and the B1G logo on the left hand side.

But the hat had tags on it, and I found where I can order one (without the B1G logo), as the hat is specially made from Rutgers Athletics.

The maker of the hat is Imperial.

There are two small issues. The model of the hat I received X210P is not available in black, but you can put your name on the waitlist to be notified when it is available.

But you can order the same type of hat in red with the black NJ state outline or gray/heather with the red NJ state outline, or a visor with a red NJ state outline, or a white hat with an orange NJ State outline. However, you cannot add the B1G logo to the hat because of licensing rules.

The-New-Bruns.jpg

If you want a black hat with a red logo, you can design your own.

I selected the black X210SP cap, which is close to the X210P.

Once you add the cap you want to the cart, there is an option to add a logo, and you can select from tailgate icons, and add the NJ logo to your hat. When I did that, the logo looks smaller than the hat above, but I ordered a black hat with a red logo, which I should get by May 10.

xl210p-jxx-vf1.jpg
new-jersey-redblk-50x50.png

Hats are $30, and if you use a 20% coupon (Code WAGOLF21 ), $24 and free shipping. Happy Shopping.

@Randal7

I cracked the code. I had a contact in development ask to get me the hat above, which arrived today (sort of). The hat is white with the red NJ logo and the B1G logo on the left hand side.

But the hat had tags on it, and I found where I can order one (without the B1G logo), as the hat is specially made from Rutgers Athletics.

There are two small issues. The model of the hat I received X210P is not available in black, but you can put your name on the waitlist to be notified when it is available.

But you can order the same type of hat in red with the black NJ state outline or gray/heather with the red NJ state outline, or a visor with a red NJ state outline, or a white hat with an orange NJ State outline. However, you cannot add the B1G logo to the hat because of licensing rules.

The-New-Bruns.jpg

Once you add the cap you want to the cart, there is an option to add a logo, and you can select from tailgate icons, and add the NJ logo to your hat. When I did that, the logo looks smaller than the hat above, but I ordered a black hat with a red logo, which I should get by May 10.

xl210p-jxx-vf1.jpg

Hats are $30, and if you use a 20% coupon (Code WAGOLF21 ), $24 and free shipping. Happy Shopping.
Outstanding!! You da' fan!

On it!

Update to an old post....Peter Millar now carries RU stuff: https://www.petermillar.com/c/c/big-ten-schools/rutgers-apparel.html

Reactions: Knight Shift
@Randal7

The-New-Bruns.jpg

xl210p-jxx-vf1.jpg

Outstanding!! You da' fan!

On it!
Hats are in, and they exceeded my expectations. Got a red one and a black one (custom made as detailed above.

Here's what they look like, and forgive my photography "skills". And yes, I'm going to walk around with the stickers on the cap 🥳 :

7xANkdZ.jpg

I didn’t read the whole thread but swear I saw these hats in the Lids in American Dream.
Not definitive, but not on the website. Sometimes local shops have selections not available on the internet.

Reactions: Section124
Ugly hat and over 100 posts on this thing dating back to 2019. You never know what gets people going.

Hats are in, and they exceeded my expectations. Got a red one and a black one (custom made as detailed above.

Here's what they look like, and forgive my photography "skills". And yes, I'm going to walk around with the stickers on the cap 🥳 :

7xANkdZ.jpg
Is it a snapback or other adjustable?

ADVERTISEMENT