ADVERTISEMENT

Blackshear Denied Waiver

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Wow !!!
And in the same day we get a terrific kid for basketball. And great news that only two football players left in corona quarantine. Hat trick day for Rutgers sports.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Wow !!!
And in the same day we get a terrific kid for basketball. And great news that only two football players left in corona quarantine. Hat trick day for Rutgers sports.

Blackshear - tough break for him if this holds up. 2019 was his red-shirt year and not being eligible for 2020 will presumably eat up a year of eligibility for him.

Last edited:
I don't know why he would have expected a waiver, as there was no justifiable rationale for it.

This was not unexpected as he went outside the 100 mile radius with his transfer.

Apparently it was unexpected by the VT staff and/or whoever else was advising Blackshear.

Per SI...

"Raheem Blackshear's waiver for immediate eligibility was denied by the NCAA. We were shocked and saddened, but will work through the appeals process," head coach Justin Fuente said on Friday.

"Our compliance department will present our case for him in an appeal to the NCAA. We feel good about our stance on the appeal, and I'm cautiously optimistic we can turn it around in relatively short order," Fuente added."

Apparently it was unexpected by the VT staff and/or whoever else was advising Blackshear.

Per SI...

"Raheem Blackshear's waiver for immediate eligibility was denied by the NCAA. We were shocked and saddened, but will work through the appeals process," head coach Justin Fuente said on Friday.

"Our compliance department will present our case for him in an appeal to the NCAA. We feel good about our stance on the appeal, and I'm cautiously optimistic we can turn it around in relatively short order," Fuente added."

Don't believe everything you read, they knew it would require an appeal because he was outside the 100 mile radius.

Per SI...

Translation: Yeah we know we sold him a bill of goods, but hopefully we can pull a rabbit out of our hat. Either way, he's stuck here now.

Ehh, he endured a hell of a lot playing for Ash. I wanted him to stay but I can't hold it against him for feeling cheated during Ash's time here and just wanting blow the whole situation up and start over.

We don't play VA Tech, so I actually hope he gets a chance to play.
Kind of agree but my take was that he felt Hobbs gave up on us and we changed our Offense mid season to one that did not match his skill set. If Ash and McNulty stayed he would have stayed.

Glad Schiano is here now. Blackshear would have helped us.

I’m sure he’ll get to play. Probably not this year. He knew it was a possibility if not a likelihood. So I’m personally not so sorry that he doesn’t get everything he wants here. He’ll be ok

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT