ADVERTISEMENT

Blake Hinson

RUChow

All American
Apr 29, 2013
Reclassified to 2018 and we must have just offered him - tough, shooter, legit.

I think he's already down to 3 schools. Illinois, Seton Hall and a school out west.

So even though we offered, we aren't in it?
I'm not in a position to say that definitively. This is not a recruitment that I have paid much attention to despite Blake being from Central Florida. All I know is 2 days ago I read an article on the Illinois site where Hinson discussed his reasons for rhe classifying and was quoted as saying this:

"My top three schools right now Seton Hall, Washington State, and Illinois,” Hinson said. “I'm trying to get my visits lined up.”

Last edited:
I'm not in a position to say that definitively. This is not a recruitment that I have paid much attention to this fight Blake being from Central Florida. All I know is 2 days ago I read an article on the Illinois site where Hinson discussed his reasons for rhe classifying and was quoted as saying this:

"My top three schools right now Seton Hall, Washington State, and Illinois,” Hinson said. “I'm trying to get my visits lined up.”
Thanks, Russ!

Thanks, Russ!
Np. His top 3 might not mean much because he did say "right now" and because schools are still offering him.

I think he's going to play for the same travel team Corey played for. Last year I think he bounced around to three different AAU teams: Nike South Beach, Florida Sons in April then Showtime Ballers in the summer.

I think i saw Missouri offered as well....not sure if that was after the final 3 etc...

It seems like Illinois is in on everyone lately.
Wide net baby. Wide net.

Ironically Orlando Antigua is recruiting Florida harder as an assistant at Illinois than he ever did as the head coach at USF.

Might that be because he has more to sell ?
USF had plenty to sell to lower tier players. Antigua was losing Tampa Bay Area kids, who could have helped him win, to schools like James Madison, Bowling Green & Duquesne because of lack of recruiting effort.

Valdir Manuel committed to SHU.
Yes, that was it. Manuel fills the back up PF/C this year so backing off Blake Hinson. Not sure we were ever a favorite of his anyway. No scholarships left either unless someone leaves.

ADVERTISEMENT